Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midwest World Cup!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Midwest World Cup!!!! Empty Midwest World Cup!!!!

Post  Pikachu 2011-05-30, 16:13

Hello All,

To those of you who don't know my real name, my name is Mark and I am part of the website MarkandDavidsCardWorld.com and I am also the dude who interviewed the creators of this site live on my internet talk show.

Recently I have come up with an idea for a tournament, because I'm Midwest based player to see which state is the best.

The details are still a little rough as of right now, but this is what I have worked out. Somehow each state will come up with a team of five players. That is a total of 12 states and 60 players. The teams will then be selected at random by draft pick and then it will be a competition of team battles and the teams will win their rounds based on which team has the most wins per round. There will be four groups of three, with the top team from each group going to compete in a top four bracket play-off.

I have run large scale tournaments like this before so I am going to to attempt an even larger one

The groups are based on east and west
Eastern Midwest states:
Minnesota
Michigan
Illinois
Indian
Wisconsin
Ohio

Western Midwest states:
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Iowa
Kansas
Missouri

This is all I have for now if you have questions email me at MarkHouseMD@yahoo.com

if you know a tournament organizer and/or are one, please contact me, because I think this would be one of the coolest tournaments ever to do besides a YCS, because it truly is a regional tournament.
Pikachu
Pikachu

Back to top Go down

Midwest World Cup!!!! Empty Re: Midwest World Cup!!!!

Post  Poddy 2011-05-31, 18:03

Well i could support you for that and we can organise it but i really want to see more details about it and its not very clear can people outside America participate or you just want to stick up to those regions in your post
Poddy
Poddy

Birthday : 1986-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Chevalie12 2011-06-04, 12:44

I'm a TO. I will need more info than that please.

Why restrict it only to a few locations?
** Every tournament in DN should not be restricted to a few locations, it should be available to any person, whether he lives in a trash can, or inside a Aperture Science Testing Facility.
*** Idea: Why not have 10 people from each continent? Or 5?

* That leads to -- Are you planning on hosting this in your region?(a.k.a. IRL, then I can't help you at all. You should ask any other TO in your region to help you.)or on DN?
** Because that is seemingly unnaceptable IMO. We shouldn't ban other countries from Tournaments in DN, and regional tournaments in DN just seem like completely impossible to realize :
1) You can't tell whether they're from the locations you enlisted.
2) It would be very easy just to lie to the Host that you are from the listed locations.
-- Date?

If its planned anytime during the Summer, then I can't promise you that I can aid you in organizing your event.

* I'm currently busy with organizing an event on July(so it better not be on July because that month is entirely taken.. if you were planning to do this on DN in the first place).
Chevalie12
Chevalie12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down