Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff Hiring

+28
Phoenix Wright
ancientman7
Breaker
Ameno-Sagiri
Phraxure
Overlord
DuelKing
Mrocker41
Saturn
warriorx
TomassoIII
Byte
pokefenn
kakashipwnzor
Goddess nX
Broken_Soul
Badass_Bunny
Zephyr
Key
TamACOPY
vanessahatake
someone_else
{EX} TheVoid
Lovelace
JDC
Metta World Peace
Beyond Birthday
The DetonatorCOPY
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Staff Hiring Empty Staff Hiring

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-10-07, 21:58

In the next week there will be a lot of changes. To accommodate for the changes that will be made, Dueling Network is now accepting applications for Administrative (Green) positions.

For the last 24 hours applications were being handled through a temporary resources page that I had put up on the server. This was not practical for me and so now all applications are going to be handled though the forum on the application page found <a href="http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/h15-staff-application">here</a>
Important: Please actually read the instructions/rules before the test, that way you could avoid causing problems

You do not need to have a forum account to submit an application, and all applications will be handled in private by senior and head administrators only. Please do not badger us about your test scores or application replies in the meantime. Be aware that not all applications will receive a reply via email. We receive a lot of applications as it is and getting back to everyone can be time consuming. If you do not receive a reply from us regarding your application within a week then you can assume that your application has been archived but has not been successful. Applications will be archived for 3 months, and another application will not be needed from you in this time period.

Also note that you must also complete an administrative ruling test, the link to this test can be found on the application page. Do be aware of the following before taking the administrative test:
  1. You can only take the test once.
  2. After loading the page, you have 30 minutes to submit the test or it will submit automatically.
  3. You do not have to enter a submission number, but must enter your Dueling Network Username.
  4. The test is not to be shared. Offenders will be punished accordingly.

Best of luck and thankyou to those expressing interest in administration.

Last edited by The Detonator on 2011-10-16, 02:24; edited 1 time in total
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Staff Hiring Empty Re: Staff Hiring

Post  Beyond Birthday 2011-10-08, 10:23

Detonator i think i misunderstood some thing and made a huge mistake ..

i first submitted at the resources page then after reading this at the home page i submitted in the test page

(because i just misunderstood that we gotta only submit in the test page and that my form will not reach out so i did it again ^_^" ,,)

So What Will Happen now do i get the both rejected or what ..?

if not i hope u take my application in the test Page as the right submitted application cause i was ready then and gave more info about me and i dont care about any test u see they both look the same and am sure i scored the same ^_^" ..

Off Topic : I dont Know Why But Every Time I Face u i always bring problems with me x) ,, Sorry in advance For being annoying ^_^"
Beyond Birthday
Beyond Birthday

Birthday : 1992-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-10-08, 16:57

The Detonator wrote:If you do not receive a reply from us regarding your application within a week then you can assume that your application has been archived but has not been successful.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-10-08, 18:46

By archived do you mean rejected?
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-10-08, 18:51

Archived means stored, and may be looked at again at a later date.

BTW, are you allowed to take the test if you don't want to be an admin?
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-10-08, 20:17

Mine submitted itself before I was done due to computer lagging so bad that I ran out of time. What can I do? I am 95% sure I was gonna pass that test, it was looking pretty easy Mad
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-08, 22:12

@JDC Why would you want to take the test if you dont wanna be an admin...?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  someone_else 2011-10-08, 22:19

to see how well you'd do.

I feel like I did pretty good on the test.
someone_else
someone_else

Birthday : 1995-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  vanessahatake 2011-10-08, 23:55

I dunno if this matters but I submitted my test but forgot to add my name so I went back and wrote it and submitted again 0.o just sayin...
vanessahatake
vanessahatake

Birthday : 1993-02-18

http://shadowsailorv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-10-09, 01:22

someone_else wrote:to see how well you'd do.
This, I'll give it a shot anyway.

EDIT - Great, time limit seems a bit short, and it auto-submitted when I was almost done, without my user name. I think it could be put up to 40 minutes. Also, there should be a timer somewhere so you know how much time you have, it seems unfair to have an exam without a timer to tell whether you're going too slow.

EDIT 2 - I decided to resubmit it with my name this time, and finished 1 question where it auto-submitted (but with an indication of where that happened), with maybe about 10 extra minutes spent on it. Again, I'll say this test seems unfair the way it's set up right now, and this is coming from someone who had no trouble with the KDE RC-1 certification test.

Last edited by JDC on 2011-10-09, 02:11; edited 1 time in total
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-10-09, 02:05

JDC wrote:
someone_else wrote:to see how well you'd do.
This, I'll give it a shot anyway.

EDIT - Great, time limit seems a bit short, and it auto-submitted when I was almost done, without my user name. I think it could be put up to 40 minutes. Also, there should be a timer somewhere so you know how much time you have, it seems unfair to have an exam without a timer to tell whether you're going too slow.

That's why names are written first. Having a timer in the page would be good, but for now you can (should) use your own timer (cellphone, clock, etc.).
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-10-09, 02:12

TamA wrote:That's why names are written first. Having a timer in the page would be good, but for now you can (should) use your own timer (cellphone, clock, etc.).
PC clock is probably best for this. I wasn't expecting the test to take this long (not saying anything about the contents, of course).
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-09, 02:26

Time is not an issue, the questions are something ones should know already.

And you will become an admin if you passed and qualify, even if you don't want to, otherwise you shouldn't have taken it.

Last edited by Key on 2011-10-09, 02:54; edited 1 time in total
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr 2011-10-09, 02:28

well if time is not an issue then i guess I'm good... maybe Razz Smile
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-10-09, 02:30

Zephyr wrote:well if time is not an issue then i guess I'm good... maybe Razz Smile

In that sentence, Key was talking about the duration of the test, not your availability.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-09, 02:32

Oh, and no names will get auto 0
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-10-09, 02:40

Key wrote:Time is not an issue, the questions are something ones should know already.
It is an issue, IMO, (I really don't want to get into specifics here, for obvious reasons) even if you know how to answer the questions.

And you will become an admin if you passed and quality, even if you don't want to, otherwise you shouldn't have taken it.
Quality, do you mean qualify? I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by this sentence, can you rephrase it please? Are you saying that although that test is available to everyone, only those who actually want to become admins (by admins I mean moderators with green names on DN) should take it? If the answer is yes, then its time to ignore anything I sent in. I also take it that people who might want to be forum moderators don't need to take it.
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-09, 02:53

Qualify
Typo
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-10-09, 09:30

people complain too much I had to do it with 25 min limit, yet I had 17/20 and 7 mins left...

So remember people don't overthink it, just go with what you believe is correct answer
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-10-09, 09:48

There's actually only one section on the test where time might be an issue. Most of it goes by very quickly, but I like to be thorough when doing stuff. With the timer (or just carefully using a clock), it would be a matter of rushing one part, and probably doing fine.

topdeckk wrote:can i become an admin?
Click the link in the OP's post if you are interested, and see if you think you have what it takes. If you decide to go for the test, just pay attention to the time (use your PC clock to look at when you start, and keep checking to see how much time you have), and focus on answering as many as possible (i.e. don't spend too long on a single question if it might take a lot of time, do others first). Oh yeah, remember that the test will only be graded if you put in your DN user name, so do that before you even look at question 1.

Last edited by TheVoid on 2011-10-12, 03:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Posts merged in topic cleanup)
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken_Soul 2011-10-10, 09:18

pokefenn wrote:
ramadhendy wrote:admin ( the detonator ) what are the test to be admin ??
Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/h15-staff-application
If you pass you can become a DN admin

Its not if you pass you will become an admin there are a lot of people who are trying to become an admin and if the all pass they all will become admin???.I think not just take the test and then the staff will review all the aplicacions and hire the most efficient people to do the job
Broken_Soul
Broken_Soul

Birthday : 1988-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-10, 09:19

pokefenn wrote:
ramadhendy wrote:admin ( the detonator ) what are the test to be admin ??
Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/h15-staff-application
If you pass you can become a DN admin
If you pass and qualify, you will most likely be one.
Just because you passed the test doesn't mean you are guaranteed to be one.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-10-10, 11:01

Also please keep in mind. Being an admin is boring and repetitive. If you dont like to help people for most of your time then DO NOT fill out the application and take the test. The last thing we need is admins showing off their "cool" powers and bwing lazy. We need people who are VERY commited.
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-10-10, 11:22

I'd just like an admin to clarify, should people who take the test for fun and submit stop doing so? This is a very serious question. Some people would take the test to see how they'd do, but they'd have no interest in being an admin, and would not fill out an application form.
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  kakashipwnzor 2011-10-10, 18:14

Got a dumb question.

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

Is this normal for when you fill out the form after you take the test?
kakashipwnzor
kakashipwnzor

Birthday : 1991-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-10-10, 18:15

kakashipwnzor wrote:Got a dumb question.

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

Is this normal for when you fill out the form after you take the test?

That's the way it's meant to be. Don't worry.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  pokefenn 2011-10-11, 03:02

Does it make any difference if you live in the uk?

pokefenn

Back to top Go down

Post  Byte 2011-10-11, 06:40

... I forgot my name on test. D:

it says no retests unless admin approves and says yes you can. So... can I retake and actually put my name on it? D: or I finished the test at around 6am if you can find it. I didn't finish a few of the short answers, the first few looked boring so I skipped to the bottom and most time consuming one and proceeded to waste all my time on that one. XD LOL

Also, (addressing earlier statement, if you can't be fast don't apply) if someone is willing and dedicated to helping, but is a little on the slow side despite knowing rulings, why can they not be mod? This site needs mods especially at the odd times when there are none. D: Yes it is helpful to be able to go through those who need help fast but having any mod at all is better than having none.

Also, I am slow, I was diagnosed when I was younger with having processing problems, they didn't bother diagnosing exactly what learning disability I had (though they said probably dyslexia). I am slow figuring out what was asked, and then sorting through my thoughts then speaking/writing. I am slow for everything, but I eventually get the right answer and that is at least something. I am slow but it doesn't mean I can't do this job, and do it well. I am dedicated at what I choose to do.

Byte

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-10-11, 18:54

As far as this test is concerned, I only really have problems with one of the questions (not giving out spoilers), as far as time is concerned. The rest are fine (the time limit would be fine too if it wasn't for that question I mentioned). You would need to be able to work at a reasonably high speed, because if you are planning on being a DN admin dealing with ruling issues, you need to be able to work reasonably fast explaining stuff to players, bearing in mind there can be hundreds of users on for each moderator online.

To some extent, you have to know a lot of stuff already, rather than looking everything up online. You are allowed to use online resources in the test, but that's all. You'd also better be quick at using said resources if you do so, because if you're doing the same thing as an admin, players will be waiting on your ruling. It needs to be correct, and players won't want to have to wait long to get the ruling.
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-10-11, 23:06

pokefenn wrote:Does it make any difference if you live in the uk?

It would be better if we had more mods living in different countries. It would make having mods on at different times a lot easier. As long as you all can speak English of course Very Happy
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  Byte 2011-10-12, 03:50

JDC wrote:As far as this test is concerned, I only really have problems with one of the questions (not giving out spoilers), as far as time is concerned. The rest are fine (the time limit would be fine too if it wasn't for that question I mentioned). You would need to be able to work at a reasonably high speed, because if you are planning on being a DN admin dealing with ruling issues, you need to be able to work reasonably fast explaining stuff to players, bearing in mind there can be hundreds of users on for each moderator online.

To some extent, you have to know a lot of stuff already, rather than looking everything up online. You are allowed to use online resources in the test, but that's all. You'd also better be quick at using said resources if you do so, because if you're doing the same thing as an admin, players will be waiting on your ruling. It needs to be correct, and players won't want to have to wait long to get the ruling.

Rulings can be worked out fairly well when you have the text of the card on hand. XD I had to look up the cards to get the wording, that's what took most of my time, on actual DN the cards are there to read. lol

I am kinda slow to figure out what is being asked, but once I got that down I can give a speedy answer.

I think maybe making the test prettier, adding the relevant cards and their text, would make it much easier.

Also I just realized that perhaps in the available hours putting the timezone I am in would of been helpful... XD lol...

Byte

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-12, 03:56

I have to agree with both sides. I understand that we need to be quick in our rulings, but at the same time a bit of time is needed to look up card text. You might think you know an effect off the top of your head, but do you know it completely?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  vanessahatake 2011-10-12, 04:16

Damn, I forgot to mention on the application that I speak fluent Spanish .___.

Espero que tomen esto en cuenta. Ves? Se escribir el español muy bien. Sufficiente para enforcar las reglas Smile

vanessahatake
vanessahatake

Birthday : 1993-02-18

http://shadowsailorv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TomassoIII 2011-10-12, 20:31

A mistake may have just happened. I submitted it about a week ago on the temporary resources page, and I got a call on my phone. When that happens my internet cuts off. And so I clicked submit, and I'm not sure if it went through. But then I assumed that It did not and so I took the test again on the Forums page. Now I'm freaking out because I think you assumed I took the test twice and now I think I wont get a response...
TomassoIII
TomassoIII

Back to top Go down

Post  warriorx 2011-10-13, 04:58

this is prolly a stupid thing to ask, but i was doing the test, and I was on the 3rd written question the hard analytical one. i decided to just do the remaining questions seeing how i nkew most of them, and by a stroke of fail i clicked submit without doing the 3rd written question i remembered it as soon as i clicked it, but now i sent in the app with the most important question unanswered is there anything I can do?
warriorx
warriorx

Birthday : 1994-03-03

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.savarese1?ajaxpipe_token=AXh4F5z

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-13, 05:09

No, if you submit it, it's over.
You shouldn't be going back, you shouldn't retake it, whatever you have is what you got.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2011-10-13, 16:25

Just one question though, this confused me, When it asked for your Dueling Network name does it mean your Forum name or the username you use on the forum. I filled in my Dueling username but left my forum username in one of the boxes in the application (not the test) just incase. Thanks.

It wanted the name you use on Dueling Network, it was stated that you don't need a forum account to apply.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Byte 2011-10-13, 19:52

If you forget a name can you retake it? XD

Byte

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-10-13, 20:24

No if you didn't put your name you auto fail..

I submitted my test and app a week ago, but haven't gotten a response yet. Does that mean i've been archived? D:
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-10-13, 20:41

Yes if you haven't received a response you have been archived.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrocker41 2011-10-14, 03:18

I think I wrote an older e-mail in my application, one that I do not have access to. The only difference between the new and old is the new one is has "." after the first letter while the old one doesn't. The e-mail linked with this account is the newer one.

Mrocker41

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2011-10-14, 15:00

When you say "in the next week", do you mean once this week is up, applications are closed? And in what format is the test? Written? Multiple choice? scratch
I would VERY much like to apply tomorrow (since I can't today) and am very excited to attempt.
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-10-14, 15:07

You can still apply.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Overlord 2011-10-14, 16:11

I got 14/20 on the test. It kinda sucks.

Also, a lot of the admins hired through the testing process are highly morally corrupt and are actually ruining the Dueling Network experience for some of us.

Another idea besides a "call-admin" button should be introduced in order to remedy the situation of the lack of competence of the new people chosen.

Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-10-14, 16:18

Overlord wrote:Also, a lot of the admins hired through the testing process are highly morally corrupt and are actually ruining the Dueling Network experience for some of us.

If you have anything to denounce, please show the proper evidence to a game senior or head admin, or to a forum admin here.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2011-10-14, 16:32

How do we see what we got out of 20?
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-10-14, 16:33

Phraxure wrote:How do we see what we got out of 20?

You can't see it. Only head administrators can see the results.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-10-14, 21:35

If one fails the test, what is the allotted time he/she must wait before taking it again? Or must they just wait till next hiring comes around?
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ameno-Sagiri 2011-10-15, 09:30

vanessahatake wrote:I'm guessing I diddnt get hired. Its been more then a week. Is there any way to see my test results?

Well me too, Vanessa. I made my test yesterday and I don't see results. Neutral
Ameno-Sagiri
Ameno-Sagiri

Birthday : 1990-08-23

http://fantanimeworld.foros.ws/

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker 2011-10-15, 10:03

We know neither how much % we needed to make in order to pass nor how much % we actually made.

This is related to the test, but i neither reveal the question nor the answer, but if you haven't taken the test yet, DO NOT VIEW.
Spoiler:
Breaker
Breaker

Birthday : 1995-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next