Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Leyvaten/LaD loops?

3 posters

Go down

Solved Double Leyvaten/LaD loops?

Post  Starsha 2011-10-17, 10:28

Hi, just wondering how the timing would work on running a double LeyLaD loop?
ie. 2 Leyvatens on the field, both with Light and Darkness Dragons equipped.

When a single LeyLaD loop activates, would stuff blow up until I ended up with 2 Leyvaten/LaDs back on the field?
Or would they threaten to loop endlessly, destroying each other thus invoking Game Mechanics ruling that means I can't knowingly start the loop. Instead I special summon something other than a Leyvaten to allow the 2nd LeyLaD to destroy just summoned monster and spec summon itself back, giving me only 1 LeyLaD on the field?

If the second case is true, then a 2nd Leyvaten on the field equipped with Brandistock would be a good replacement. It just can't keep bringing itself back without Dux/Legionnaire combos.

Starsha

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Double Leyvaten/LaD loops?

Post  Miror B. 2011-10-17, 11:07

Alright, let's say that your opponent manages to destroy one of these Leyvatens you have.

Leyvaten and LaDD are destroyed, LaDD's effect activates, you select Leyvaten, kill everything and Summon it.

Now LaDD and Leyvaten's timings are both met. LaDD is mandatory and Leyvaten in optional, so LaDD will activate as Chain Link 1, Leyvaten as Chain Link 2. Equip your other LaDD, then nuke and summon your other Leyvaten.

Now LaDD and Leyvaten's timings are both met (Leyvaten's summon was the last thing to happen so it doesn't miss timing). LaDD is mandatory and Leyvaten in optional, so LaDD will activate as Chain Link 1, Leyvaten as Chain Link 2. Equip your other LaDD, then nuke and summon your other Leyvaten.

So as far as I see, then this would be an endless loop until you do something different.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-17, 12:35

You're forced to equip another monster if you activate its effect
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Starsha 2011-10-18, 06:35

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Starsha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down