Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forbidden Lance vs Honest

5 posters

Go down

Solved Forbidden Lance vs Honest

Post  Saturn 2011-10-21, 09:00

I've never really been faced with this situation before, and when it happened I really couldn't find out if there was a ruling for it quickly enough, but as my opponent was adamant that I couldn't.

Let's say, I attacked my opponent's Mystical Shine Ball with Breaker the Magical Warrior and he sent Honest to the grave, I should be able to chain Forbidden Lance to make the Shine Ball's original attack 0 so both monsters would have 1600 and get destroyed when he uses Honest's effect, correct? Just wondering as, like I said, not something I've come across before and since I couldn't find a ruling on it to be sure.

Almost positive you can, just wanted to be 100% sure.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forbidden Lance vs Honest

Post  dest 2011-10-21, 10:05

only specific cards that say that can be activated during damage calculation can be activated there (aside from cards the could negate those like stardust assault, koa'ki meiru guardian, LaDD, Herald etc)

other effects that alter att/def of a monster must be chained in substep 3 of the damage step. In Damage Calculation (substep 4) it is already too late, only if the card (or rules) say that it can be activated there it can be activated there. So Lance may not be used.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2011-10-21, 10:08

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-10-21, 15:03

dest wrote:only specific cards that say that can be activated during damage calculation can be activated there (aside from cards the could negate those like stardust assault, koa'ki meiru guardian, LaDD, Herald etc)

other effects that alter att/def of a monster must be chained in substep 3 of the damage step. In Damage Calculation (substep 4) it is already too late, only if the card (or rules) say that it can be activated there it can be activated there. So Lance may not be used.

Don't forget that Sangan can be activated in any substep from 1 to 4. So if someone is foolish enough to activate it before damage calculation you could use Forbidden Lance to do what you were trying to do in the opening post
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_King 2011-10-21, 15:11

Badass_Bunny wrote:
dest wrote:only specific cards that say that can be activated during damage calculation can be activated there (aside from cards the could negate those like stardust assault, koa'ki meiru guardian, LaDD, Herald etc)

Don't forget that Sangan can be activated in any substep from 1 to 4. So if someone is foolish enough to activate it before damage calculation you could use Forbidden Lance to do what you were trying to do in the opening post

Don't you mean Honest? Very Happy
Supreme_King
Supreme_King
Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata

Birthday : 1994-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai'en 2011-10-23, 00:41

Depending on what part of Damage Step Honest activated
Kai'en
Kai'en

Birthday : 1994-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-10-23, 08:01

I don't see any reason to activate honest outside damage calculation, seriously...

Outside damage calc:
- Opponents Honest is able to overcome you. Not so in damage calc.
- Opponents Kalut is able to overcome you. Not so in damage calc.
- Opponent has the chance to activate shrink after the resolution of Honest, thus setting the attack to half of original, making Honest vanish. Not so in damage calc.
- And propably a dozend other examples I can't think of atm.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_King 2011-10-23, 08:17

dest wrote:I don't see any reason to activate honest outside damage calculation, seriously...

Outside damage calc:
- Opponent has the chance to activate shrink after the resolution of Honest, thus setting the attack to half of original, making Honest vanish. Not so in damage calc.

Problem: Honest still adds that attack and only half of the ORIGINAL is deducted. So you take damage equal to half the attack of the monster Very Happy
Supreme_King
Supreme_King
Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata

Birthday : 1994-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-10-23, 08:20

dest wrote:I don't see any reason to activate honest outside damage calculation, seriously...

Outside damage calc:

Yes I'm just nitpicking, and it can be a strategy....
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-10-23, 08:23

Supreme_King wrote:

Outside damage calc:

Problem: Honest still adds that attack and only half of the ORIGINAL is deducted. So you take damage equal to half the attack of the monster Very Happy
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t2754-ruling-faq-clearing-up-the-most-confusable-rulings#shrink

it is lost.
The problem with shrink is, it rather SETS the original attack to 1/2 then just halfing the original attack.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down