Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rulings For Servants?

+5
BlackwingRa
kangtuji
dest
storyteller
TengLee
9 posters

Go down

Solved Rulings For Servants?

Post  TengLee 2011-10-26, 04:15

I have a Face-up Defense "LADY IN THE WIGHT" and a Face-up Attack "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS." During my Battle Phase, I declare a Direct Attack With My Face-up Attack "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS," My opponent then activate "SKILL DRAIN." What happens in this scenario?

-LADY IN THE WIGHT:
Level 3
Attribute: Dark
Type: Zombie
Monster: Effect

Face-up Level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monsters you control, except "The Lady in Wight", cannot be destroyed by battle and are unaffected by the effects of Spell and Trap Cards. This card's name is treated as "Skull Servant" while it is in the Graveyard.

-KING OF SKULL SERVANTS:
Level 1
Attribute: DARK

The original ATK of this card becomes the number of "King of the Skull Servants" and "Skull Servant" cards in your Graveyard x 1000. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, by removing from play 1 other "King of the Skull Servants" or "Skull Servant" card in your Graveyard, Special Summon this card.

-SKILL DRAIN
Trap
Pay 1000 Life Points. The effects of all face-up Effect Monsters are negated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS" unaffected by "SKILL DRAIN?"

A new Question:

If I have "LADY IN THE WIGHT" Face-up on the field and I normal Summon "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS." Can my opponent activate "SOLEMN JUDGMENT" or "SOLEMN WARNING?" Even though "LADY IN THE WIGHT"s effect says that they are unaffected by spells and traps?

Last edited by TengLee on 2011-10-27, 10:08; edited 1 time in total
TengLee
TengLee

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rulings For Servants?

Post  storyteller 2011-10-26, 05:23

I don't see why it wouldn't be affected.
Lady in Wight's effect doesn't protect itself, so it gets negated, and the moment her effect's gone, King gets negated. Since continuous effects are applied instantaneously, I'd say King will be negated.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-10-26, 05:41

yes, king will have 0 attack then.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-26, 05:51

and if skill drain removed later, it remain 0 ?
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-10-26, 06:23

No, After Skill Drain leaves the field, King's eff will re-apply, So his ATK returns.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  TengLee 2011-10-26, 06:25

kangtuji wrote:and if skill drain removed later, it remain 0 ?
Good point.
TengLee
TengLee

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-10-26, 14:17

It doesn't stay at 0. King continuously alters attack, so once Skill Drain leaves it goes back to whatever it should be. Only monsters that set their attack at one specific point (like Chimeratech) lose the boost permanently.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  TengLee 2011-10-27, 10:09

TengLee wrote:I have a Face-up Defense "LADY IN THE WIGHT" and a Face-up Attack "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS." During my Battle Phase, I declare a Direct Attack With My Face-up Attack "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS," My opponent then activate "SKILL DRAIN." What happens in this scenario?

-LADY IN THE WIGHT:
Level 3
Attribute: Dark

Face-up Level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monsters you control, except "The Lady in Wight", cannot be destroyed by battle and are unaffected by the effects of Spell and Trap Cards. This card's name is treated as "Skull Servant" while it is in the Graveyard.

-KING OF SKULL SERVANTS:
Level 1
Attribute: DARK

The original ATK of this card becomes the number of "King of the Skull Servants" and "Skull Servant" cards in your Graveyard x 1000. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, by removing from play 1 other "King of the Skull Servants" or "Skull Servant" card in your Graveyard, Special Summon this card.

-SKILL DRAIN
Trap
Pay 1000 Life Points. The effects of all face-up Effect Monsters are negated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS" unaffected by "SKILL DRAIN?"

A new Question:

If I have "LADY IN THE WIGHT" Face-up on the field and I normal Summon "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS." Can my opponent activate "SOLEMN JUDGMENT" or "SOLEMN WARNING?" Even though "LADY IN THE WIGHT"s effect says that they are unaffected by spells and traps?

New question, please answer.
TengLee
TengLee

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-10-27, 10:20

Monsters are unaffected by Spell/Trap cards must be FACE-UP on the field, that's why Elemental HERO Wildheart can still be negated summon, and in this situation, The Lady in Wight cannot do anything to help King.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  TengLee 2011-10-27, 10:59

BlackwingRa wrote:Monsters are unaffected by Spell/Trap cards must be FACE-UP on the field, that's why Elemental HERO Wildheart can still be negated summon, and in this situation, The Lady in Wight cannot do anything to help King.
Also, Can your opponent use "BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE" on "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS" if his attacks exceeds more than 1500? But since his effect on his attack is a continuous effect, does it automatically sets his attack before he hits the field?

(Just want to clarify this with you)
TengLee
TengLee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-27, 14:58

TengLee wrote:
BlackwingRa wrote:Monsters are unaffected by Spell/Trap cards must be FACE-UP on the field, that's why Elemental HERO Wildheart can still be negated summon, and in this situation, The Lady in Wight cannot do anything to help King.
Also, Can your opponent use "BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE" on "KING OF SKULL SERVANTS" if his attacks exceeds more than 1500? But since his effect on his attack is a continuous effect, does it automatically sets his attack before he hits the field?

(Just want to clarify this with you)

They cant use Bottomless Trap Hole because that can not be activated until the monster is already successfully summoned onto the field.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-27, 15:19

Disregard Tsunayoshi's answer, you can bottomless King of Skull Servants, the continuous effect is applied immediately when it hits the field and Bottomless requires the monster to already be summoned successfully.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-27, 16:12

TheVoid wrote:Disregard Tsunayoshi's answer, you can bottomless King of Skull Servants, the continuous effect is applied immediately when it hits the field and Bottomless requires the monster to already be summoned successfully.

Thats what I said...
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-27, 16:14

Maybe the way I worded sounded wrong, but since the effect of King is continuous, it is applied within time to Bottomless. So yes you can.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-27, 16:17

TheVoid wrote:Maybe the way I worded sounded wrong, but since the effect of King is continuous, it is applied within time to Bottomless. So yes you can.

My answer was made under the assumption that he was still asking about King being summoned while Lady in Wright was face-up on the field. If I misunderstood the situation behind the question, then I did goof up.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-10-29, 22:56

that was a diff question he didnt mention lady

and even with lady out BTH can be used (but wont do anything to king)because the effect doesnt prevent traps activation
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down