Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaden, Yusei, Yugi or Yuma?

+18
Nico Suave
BERKAY
plasmacannon
Eliwood
Amy Cool
BeanMachine87
plsgiveme500k
joshjones
T3RCX
BlackwingRa
Abominable
LuzCeleste
Red_Chaos
joshkgriff
kangtuji
DefiniteOtaku
Lovelace
markomata
22 posters

Go down

Jaden, Yusei, Yugi or Yuma? Empty Jaden, Yusei, Yugi or Yuma?

Post  markomata 2011-12-20, 20:20

Who would win in a 4-person battle royal? Jaden, Yusei, Yuma, or Yugi?
I don't know, but Yuma would be my last option. Now let's see ya all arguing about the winner Very Happy
markomata
markomata

Birthday : 1997-12-07

Back to top Go down

Jaden, Yusei, Yugi or Yuma? Empty Re: Jaden, Yusei, Yugi or Yuma?

Post  Lovelace 2011-12-20, 20:25

Jaden relies on top decks too much, Yuma's deck is completly random and he loses duels way too much for the main character, Yugi's deck is out of season.I'd have to say Yusei.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2011-12-20, 21:43

Yusei is really the one out of the 4 who seems to display the most skill.
Yami Just made it up as he went along,
Jaden Topped alot,
And Yuma is just pathetic by this point.
So I'd have to say Yusei.
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-12-20, 22:07

Yusei never lost, with exception almost lost against one-hundred dragon I think...
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  joshkgriff 2011-12-20, 22:14

Depending on the yugioh era but Ynot yami Yugi. He is the king of games and if it's abridge he has the power to cheat.
joshkgriff
joshkgriff

Birthday : 1995-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-12-20, 23:32

Yugi>Yusei

did anybody see them battle at the championships ??
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2011-12-20, 23:36

Red_Chaos wrote:Yugi>Yusei

did anybody see them battle at the championships ??
Yes, and I saw how he used not one, not two, but 3 banned cards in quick succession.
/thread
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-21, 01:54

Okay I'm gonna try to keep my yusei fangirl bias away from this ._.

Yami's deck as stated above, is outdated, the fact that he has all 3 gods and really good ways to summon them though, seems to tip the scales to his favor though. Yami's deck is scary for sure though, having to deal with 3 gods is hard, plus he has banned cards, dunno how that'd work.

Jaden, while I do see a lot of hero decks and they do seem competitive enough, jaden just doesn't seem to have enough skill to make up for the faults... He relies on luck a lot too...

Yusei, I believe he shows the most skill, he also has synchros and those are very strong, if there was a battle royal, I think that yusei and yami would definely be the last 2 standing. I believe yusei would win, but I'm sure it'd be an awesome duel <3

Yuma, is retarded and would lose 1st or 2nd turn tops if the blue ghost wasn't around.

So my vote goes out to yusei <3

But i also want to acknowledge 1 more thing and that is yugi, yugi's deck beat Yami's and seems to be even by today's standards a nice fast deck... Maybe if he was in on this he'd win.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  markomata 2011-12-21, 08:02

Ok then. Now for the rivals. Who would win in a battle royal: Kaiba, Chazz (or Aster, i'm not pretty sure who's the rival), Jack or Shark?
markomata
markomata

Birthday : 1997-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-12-21, 12:37

Kaiba +BEUD = win
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Abominable 2011-12-21, 12:50

Jack pretty much wins due to the same reason that Yusei wins.
Abominable
Abominable

Back to top Go down

Post  joshkgriff 2011-12-21, 23:08

I think it be awesome to see chazz vs shark but I think Jack wins hands down. What about the friends of the protagonists? Uh Joey,Syrus,Crow,Tetsuo or Bronk?.
joshkgriff
joshkgriff

Birthday : 1995-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-22, 00:01

I don't think Shark is the rival, I think Kaito is the main rival of the series.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2011-12-22, 00:33

My two cents:

Given anime rules, Yugi very obviously wins the main character bout. You can't argue this considering he has combos to summon 2 gods in one turn and can will any card he wants to the top of his deck. Also everyone in the anime acknowledges him as the greatest duelist to ever live. With real life rules and no hax, Yusei would probably win, though you could argue that Jaden would still be as lucky in real life as he was in the anime.

Rivals would go to Jack or Kaiba (I haven't seen Zexal though). Jack is obvious but Kaiba has CED and anime Soul Exchange is broken (tribute all opponents monsters instead of just 1), so in anime rules I think it would be close. Manjyome in the manga uses a LaDD deck and actually beat Jaden though, so taking him instead of anime Chazz might make things better.

I don't remember enough to judge the side chars.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  joshjones 2011-12-22, 05:52

this really comes down to god cards vs fusions vs syncros vs xyzs and the god cards always win, and lets not forget card of sanctity
joshjones
joshjones

Back to top Go down

Post  plsgiveme500k 2011-12-22, 14:09

Jaden will probably win, although top decked much, but do you guys forgot that he have super polymerization? Jaden could fuse his E hero and yusei's quasar/shooting star/ stardust into an omni hero or draco if at yusei era.

Yuma? Unfortunately, he always let his emotion control over his rational/logical thinking.

Yusei and Yugi cheat some time, Yami's millenium puzzle has the ability to cheat, yusei top decking a majestic dragon with signer dragon power. Yami has god card, so? Jaden will just summon yubel to atk obelisk or ra or slifer to otk Yami.
plsgiveme500k
plsgiveme500k

Birthday : 1994-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  BeanMachine87 2011-12-22, 14:40

Way I would judge this is if they came out with a special where all 4 of them dueled...And if that happened either Yugi would win due to legacy...or Yuma would win just to sell the new show and cards. Sorry Yusei and Jaden. Sucks to be the middle kids.
BeanMachine87
BeanMachine87

Birthday : 1987-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Cool 2011-12-22, 16:02

Cmon people, lets face the facts.

It is unreasonable to compare them in just one era. If you are going to do it then every single character has to have own era rules. Saying no cheating or so is also pfff, since its about anime anyway.

Using all these into calculations the result is clear:

Yugi >>> all.

Kaiba >>> all.

1 of million reasons for Yugi: Pot of Greed. You can't hold up with that card. It pwns everything. Yugi's deck has optimal consistency and moves with the speed of light just because of that card. Then, you have Million-1 reason left to deal with. What can I say, he is the king of games, the most entertaining one from all.

1 of million reasons for Kaiba: Flute of Summoning Dragon. When others use it, nothing happens. When Kaiba uses it, its like you have to deal with 100 Blue eyes. Future fusion + REDMD and all what is needed for a dragon swarm today is nothing compared to what Kaiba does with a single Flute. Other Million-1 reasons involve his money, and when its about money, Kaiba is at the lone top.

Also, Kaiba and Yugi are the best characters from all animes, their moves make you laugh, their speech is hilarious and the jokes around them are in the level of Chuck norris. Cmon, 'Screw the rules I have money!' can that be outdated? like ever? Maybe jack has some line to reply to this? I guess NOT because he still can't believe how kaiba awesome is lol. When someone sees the anime, no one wants to see some serious games there.... You can go to official tournaments for that one. Yusei is made like a serious character and brings no fun at all, just his "pro moves". Imagine what would yugi do with synchros or xyz lol. He would tune and detach without using any material, cuz its not his style to pay the costs Wink

If you don't believe me just watch how the king of games laughs at poor yusei:

Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, Cards of Sanctity were way to fast for yusei's "turbo" duel lol.
Amy Cool
Amy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Eliwood 2011-12-22, 16:14

Yugi: Oh, am I losing?
MIND CRUSH

Other Protagonists: -faints-

yugi wins by default.

Or something like that.

For the rivalries, none of the ones Josh suggested since it probably would be Hell Kaiser/Zane Truesdale. His deck still OTK's hard, and it probably will continue OTK'ing in every format until power bond is banned.

Disregarding decks and such, Kaiba.
Why?
He has a talking coat.
He has money.
He has a little brother who he is obliged to love.
He has money.
He has a dragon fetish.
He has money.

Last edited by Eliwood on 2011-12-22, 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Eliwood
Eliwood

Birthday : 1992-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-22, 16:18

If we are bringing yugi and kaiba to the era then they have to play by the era's rules, that means no banned cards allowed. While I agree that kaiba is best, not only does he own every card, he can make up his own... "mokuba, I don't think bewd has enough support, I shall now tell you what I want and you draw it, then we make it into a card."

As for yugi, yusei thing. Yami, definitely is scary, he can pull out any card whenever the hell he pleases, however, everyone pretty much pulls that one off... Yusei has the most solid deck, IMO, even though yugi does have the gods.

Bring yugi to our era, then we have the balanced gods which might not be able to compete with quasar.

Overall there are too many differences in between the animes because, original yugioh pretty much made crap up as it went and anything after had rules that followed suit and didn't really want to drift into, this card is broken territory.

If we bring all the characters to play by rules of official cards and let them keep Anime only cards, so yugi can still swarm gods, and let them keep their special abilities and traits

I think taking balance into account and everything that can be said for all the chars.

Main:
Yugi = Yusei > Jaden > Yuma

Rivals:
Kaiba > Jack > the rest

Friends/other:
Crow > Joey > Jesse > the rest

Also as to the above post about humor, the best humor on the original yugioh came from Joey, anything little Kuriboh has done which to his credit is awesome, makes the chars lovable and funny, but in the Anime that wasn't the case, the original yugioh was as serious as 5ds minus the action and gx was sorta more light hearted, but overall they all encompassed serious themes and only certain chars remained funny.

LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  plasmacannon 2012-02-06, 09:25

Yusei seems to have more skills than others, rivaled only by Yugi, Jaden always topdecking and Yuma often rely on Astral.
plasmacannon
plasmacannon

Birthday : 1994-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  BERKAY 2012-02-06, 09:40

Yugi is epic because of he is first of them and his story is also epic.

Jaden... His story started new creation cards. KONAMI made so much advertise with GX and most of good cards came along GX and Jaden.

Yusei's cards and his season still in the season. His and friends card are still competitive.

Aaand Yuma... Let's take a long breath. He is huge WTF!
BERKAY
BERKAY

Birthday : 1994-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Suave 2012-02-25, 07:50

Yugi and Kaiba, no contest.

Nico Suave
Nico Suave

Birthday : 1988-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  -Innocence- 2012-02-26, 22:18

Yugi/Yami. He is an ancient Pharoah who was the king of egypt. He is the origin of oracle. To put it simple. Yusei may use skills. But Yami has God's on his side. Jehdyn is not bad either but he lacks a good deck. Yuma.. LOL.
-Innocence-
-Innocence-

Birthday : 1997-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  itsjustjosh 2012-02-28, 12:44

Yusei of course. Yami a close runnerup. Yusei carved his own destiny with his knowledge of dueling he got no ghostly egyptian/intergalatical spirit to guide him
itsjustjosh
itsjustjosh
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1980-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  zerods 2012-02-29, 00:20

jaden and his deck with chrysalis, neospatians, elemental heros and so much stuffs!
i really loved his playing style and he made me a fan of neospatian monsters
zerods
zerods

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaden_yuki-- 2012-02-29, 00:24

Despite my user name, I'm gonna say yugi only cause he has the millennium puzzle and can pretty much get any card he wants with it at any time...
Jaden_yuki--
Jaden_yuki--

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down