Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mad Money: Yugioh Addition

+3
MK_ultra
DarkRiku
Phoenix Wright
7 posters

Go down

Mad Money: Yugioh Addition  Empty Mad Money: Yugioh Addition

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-12-24, 01:01

Many people who play in real life consider yugioh to be an investment. When they buy or trade a card, they hope to make a profit on that card, be it from selling it for a higher price, trading it for a card you want, or using it to win a game. In the ever changing meta, there are a lot of places to put your card-buying money, and I'm going to help you make sure you get the best return possible

BUY/HOLD: Here are the things you should invest in, or hold onto if you already have them

Photon Shockwave Boxes: This is the pack that Rescue Rabbit and the Evolzars (Laggia and Dollka) came in. Seeing as a box set is 60$ and a rescue rabbit is woth 110$, and the evolzars are about 40 apeice, it seems like a no brainer to stock up on these

Dragon Support Cards: This includes cards like Red-Eyes Darkness metal dragon, future fusion, and five-headed dragon. With chaos dragons coming over, many people are going to want to get valuable dragon support. Buy it now for cheep, and sell it later for huge profit

Lavals from hidden arsenal 5- Lavals will be a huge archtype once more support form overseas comes over. Buy lavals now while they are cheep, then turn around and sell them when they get more support

Wind-Ups-Wind-Ups are becoming incredibly powerful and will become more powerful with time. Buy them now when they are cheep

Order of Chaos Boxes-Inzektors are going to be huge when the come out this January, by Order of Chaos in bulk to ensure you get your hands on them (and possibly tour bus if she has a good effect)

Extreme Victory: Extreme Victory contains both tour guides ($175 each) and T.G. cards. If you want, you could buy several boxes, get a few tour guides, make a T.G. deck with all the staples/synchros/side deck, and still be turning a profit

SELL: Here are the things you should get rid of

Agents/Agent Support: Although they are pretty weak in the TCG, agents are an incredibly powerful deck in the OCG, and will most likely see the banlist in some form. Sell your agent cards now while the price is high, before the price drops from the cards being limited

Plants-After a long reign at the top, plants will most likely get killed in the next banlist, of high paramount to sell is dandylion, since it has the highest likeliness to be banned, but sell of any glow up bulbs and lonefires as well

Thats it for now, I'll add anything else as I think of it

-Pox

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Mad Money: Yugioh Addition  Empty Re: Mad Money: Yugioh Addition

Post  DarkRiku 2011-12-24, 02:33

This is the reason why I keep saying Yugioh is much deeper then just a children's card game.

You really have to pay attention to what is going on with cards being released, what is popular, and predict what is going to be big and what is going to bust.

I am so glad DN is around now. It helps you get ready for what to do IRL.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2011-12-24, 02:43

yea i agree with riku but why is it in TCG agents arebt all that great and OCG there beast any1 care 2 explain?
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-24, 02:51

Because decks like Plant Synchro dont exist over there, or Dollka for Rabbit decks.

Its mostly the exclusives that TCG gets that tends to unbalance things.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2011-12-24, 02:57

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but agent used those like tengu and tour guide
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-24, 03:16

MK_ultra wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but agent used those like tengu and tour guide

Because Striker and Warwolf do go nicely with the deck and present not only power plays for them to make but also gives them the ability to thin out the deck and improve their chances of drawing into what they need while maintaining advantage in hand and on the field.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-12-24, 04:53

Yeeh for me buying Photon Shockwave in bulk.
Almost a shame I'm gonna give them away for a tourney.
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-12-24, 11:54

Yep, agents are killing in the OCG

I almost feel bad for agent players because the main cards (earth, venus, hyperion, etc.) are all dirt cheep. At least krystia is worth something
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-12-30, 09:37

I liked it at first but then you called Agents pretty weak deck and told people to sell Glow Up bulbs
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-02, 21:58

-Agents have very little YCS tops and a lot of OCG tops, which is the perfect cocktail for a hefty banlist hit

-Glow up bulb is the only card in the 4-card plant engine that is still worth something, and plants are on their way out the door IMO
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Cross 2012-01-06, 11:29

We all love playing in real life, but this just shows how expensive it can be get what you want. In 10 years, that's $5,000+ on cards that go outdated compared to Dueling Network being free.
Neon Cross
Neon Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2012-01-11, 00:56

Phoenix Wright wrote:
-Agents have very little YCS tops and a lot of OCG tops, which is the perfecsee happaningt cocktail for a hefty banlist hit

-Glow up bulb is the only card in the 4-card plant engine that is still worth something, and plants are on their way out the door IMO
Ok on agents konami will not hit them as baddly as alot of people think at best maybe hyperion to 2 and thats all i can see what will get hit hard is dark world
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down