Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are some decks bad for the game ?

+20
Phraxure
Greatdude
plsgiveme500k
minervx
DarkRiku
Juno23
kangtuji
R4GEKILL
Kaiza
Miror B.
MrJokster
C/a/boose
Lovelace
ScottStebbs
Badass_Bunny
Heimdall
enmanuel7
mido9
storyteller
MrChillmatic
24 posters

Go down

Are some decks bad for the game ? Empty Are some decks bad for the game ?

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-01-16, 13:31

So I tested a variant of Inzekor Wind-up.

And I must say the deck is very broken since you can either destroy their field using Inzektors, eat their hand using Wind-Up or even DO BOTH.

Do you believe decks like these are bad for the game ? They're too overpowered & unless your opponent have cards liek Maxx C or Effect Veiler, they're pretty much done.

Another question for those who play them : How do you feel when playing them ? I just played a couple of games with them & I already hate them. They're overpowered, boring & auto-pilot. I don't want to pick on anybody for what they're playing, just asking. It seems everyone with a 1200+ rating is either playing Wind-Up, Inzektor or Dino Rabbit.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Are some decks bad for the game ? Empty Re: Are some decks bad for the game ?

Post  storyteller 2012-01-16, 13:45

I don't think they are good for the game. But since they do exist, what can we do about it, really?

The banlist exists for a reason, after all. Just wait till next banlist and hope it corrects the problems.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-01-16, 13:51

I hope the banlsit can fix it, but somehow I have the feeling it won't.

I've played against them & they're a pain.
I've used them & I don't take any pleasure, I feel like I'm cheating Laughing

Maybe Zenamighty will go to 1.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  mido9 2012-01-16, 15:03

If anything id say dark worlds are horrendously bad for game since their 3000 atk reviving beater stands as a grand monument to how the game has advanced,but those decks suck and a deck is broken for game if it completely demolishes it's competition,limits deck diversity by being a "play it or lose deck",that's the definition of bad for game.

So far the only deck that seems genuinely bad for game are tenguplants with 2 YCS wins and 50 showings overshadowing all other decks(Second is agent with a much weaker 21 showings and 1 win) and making it one of the single biggest play it or lose decks in this format,which is why i wish both their exclusives would just go burn in a fire.

OCG side even pure wind up loop doesnt win and is a tier 3 deck,well what about TCG "C" ?What about with plants who can just destroy you in a single turn without having any card on the field beforehand?

inzektor wind up in specific is so incredibly inconsistent that nobody even runs it on local level in the ocg.

Let's see how they do first then say "LULBADFORGAME".
mido9
mido9

Back to top Go down

Post  enmanuel7 2012-01-16, 15:24

a played wind ups with the hunter loop and after a couple of games i felt like a cheater or something you can win the duel just with 1 foolish burial and tour guide then i got bored and now i use wind ups without hunter just x fun
enmanuel7
enmanuel7

Birthday : 1989-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-01-16, 15:30

mido9 wrote:If anything id say dark worlds are horrendously bad for game since their 3000 atk reviving beater stands as a grand monument to how the game has advanced,but those decks suck and a deck is broken for game if it completely demolishes it's competition,limits deck diversity by being a "play it or lose deck",that's the definition of bad for game.

So far the only deck that seems genuinely bad for game are tenguplants with 2 YCS wins and 50 showings overshadowing all other decks(Second is agent with a much weaker 21 showings and 1 win) and making it one of the single biggest play it or lose decks in this format,which is why i wish both their exclusives would just go burn in a fire.

OCG side even pure wind up loop doesnt win and is a tier 3 deck,well what about TCG "C" ?What about with plants who can just destroy you in a single turn without having any card on the field beforehand?

inzektor wind up in specific is so incredibly inconsistent that nobody even runs it on local level in the ocg.

Let's see how they do first then say "LULBADFORGAME".

I'm talking about DN not tournaments.

Unfortunately, since the tourneys shape the banlist, we're forced to endure them for a longer period.

I wouldn't call it inconsistent, that deck can spam xyz 3 easily. You can do the Inzektors loop + the Wind-up loop in a single turn. If you can't, you still can do one of those in a turn & if possible do the next later, if you haven't won already.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-01-16, 15:31

I find the mixture of Inzektors and Wind-Ups to be bad for the game. With Hunter and Hornet played right, the opponent doesn't really stand a chance no matter what they have, especially during the first turn. Sure, it wins matches, but I never considered it a true win when the game ends fast. It's just less fun, IMO.

I'm just gonna wait for the banlist, and until then I'll just have to find different ways for my cards to survive. xD
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-01-16, 15:36

We have decks like these every format, last format it was Fish OTK, this format it's Inzektors, it can't be avoided.

Also Maxx C Rapes the Hunter Loop
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottStebbs 2012-01-16, 15:41

Badass_Bunny wrote:We have decks like these every format, last format it was Fish OTK, this format it's Inzektors, it can't be avoided.

the only problem with Maxx C is that you have a 3/40 chance of getting it at best or a 1/20 if you only run 2.
ScottStebbs
ScottStebbs

Birthday : 1991-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-01-16, 15:43

Badass_Bunny wrote:We have decks like these every format, last format it was Fish OTK, this format it's Inzektors, it can't be avoided.

And the fish deck was hit with thye ban on Fishborg, since these decks seem to not dominate the meta, we might be forced to endure them more.

Maxx C can rape the loop, but the issue is if you don't have it in your OP hand, there are chances that you'll get screwed up by the loop.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2012-01-16, 15:48

Wind-Up loop decks are just too frail to be considered broken.

And Inzektors can't be called broken until the release of Galactic Overlord
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-01-16, 15:57

Just for the record, I don't think they're that broken or the best deck around. They may have consistency issues, but when it's on it can hit you hard.

The reason of this thread is me having to face an awful lot of these decks, it gets tiring after a while. You can count this as a rant, but I hope it'll create a decent conversation.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  C/a/boose 2012-01-16, 16:39

Broken TCG exclusives are bad for the game.
Not only that but rarity increases as well.

Secret Rare Rabbit? from a Rare in the OCG...come on Konami
C/a/boose
C/a/boose

Birthday : 1991-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-16, 16:49

ScottStebbs wrote:

the only problem with Maxx C is that you have a 3/40 chance of getting it at best or a 1/20 if you only run 2.

Somebody has never taken a course in probability.
The chance of drawing at least 1 Maxx in the opening hand with a 40 card deck is 1 - 37!35!/32!40! ~= 0.338 if you run 3 Maxx.
Yes, there's actually roughly 1 in 3 chances you'll draw it in an opening hand.
3/40 is the probability you'll draw Maxx as the first card. Doesn't really mean anything.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJokster 2012-01-16, 16:55

C/a/boose wrote:Broken TCG exclusives are bad for the game.

The only reason they did that was to make more money cause that's what they really care about
MrJokster
MrJokster

Back to top Go down

Post  C/a/boose 2012-01-16, 18:01

MrJokster wrote:

The only reason they did that was to make more money cause that's what they really care about

I know I know.

Its bad that they do things that make people want to stop playing their game in order to make money.
C/a/boose
C/a/boose

Birthday : 1991-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-16, 18:39

Decks aren't bad for the game.

Cards are.

Wind-Ups were all overhyped for the longest time.

Then Zenmaister came out and WTFBLARGed the hand kill loop.

Dragonfly being hit will drop Inzektors down a tier.

etc.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiza 2012-01-16, 18:58

the truth is that its never decks that are bad for the game

the banlist shows this when it takes a card or two, or maybe a few from a deck, which, can either slow the deck down or downright kill it

its cards that are bad for the game

TCG YCS has boiled down to a situation where its "tour guide or GTFO" ALMOST EVERY DECK TOPPING IN TCG YCS HAS IT and hence, it by itself is bad for the game as now its become almost a necessity. Same for reborn tengu, but not as much since not too many decks use him as much.

Only time a deck was really bad for a game was tele dad, and maybe yata emperor, even though I have never played either of the decks
Kaiza
Kaiza

Birthday : 1991-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-23, 01:51

seems everyone forgot rescue cat. They also forgot -DAREISAYIT- Frog FTK. that format was stupid. Just retarded.
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2012-01-23, 01:57

decks bad for the game: Yata Emperor lock. Decks good for game: Gustodia FTK, Frog FTK. I love broken ftk's, and hate broken locks.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-01-23, 02:08

Inzektor will suffer same fate as GB
because inzektor are new GB with 3 bestiari

And nobody said Six Fags ? Its been like 3 formats untouched, and rampaging every tournaments and world tournaments
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2012-01-23, 02:10

kangtuji wrote:Inzektor will suffer same fate as GB

And nobody said Six Fags ? Its been like 3 formats untouched, and rampaging every tournaments and world tournaments

Inzektors and GB have completely different style.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-23, 02:25

Not sure if trolling or just stupid. Sams got hit THIS format.
As for the GB/Inzektor comparison... I'll just facedesk that one. Not worth raging over.
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  Juno23 2012-01-23, 03:50

R4GEKILL wrote:

As for the GB/Inzektor comparison... I'll just facedesk that one. Not worth raging over.

I think he was talking about how broken they were for the longest amount of time, the six Sams portion. And the GB thing is for their ability to go off pretty quickly because they have it in three's. I think...
Juno23
Juno23

Birthday : 1991-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-23, 03:56

Juno23 wrote:
R4GEKILL wrote:

I think he was talking about how broken they were for the longest amount of time, the six Sams portion. And the GB thing is for their ability to go off pretty quickly because they have it in three's. I think...

The problem is Sams were hit the first format they came out, and then later the third.

And GBs were always slow. Just that 3 Beastiari allowed for more Gyzarus spam and easy recovery from a banished Bestiari.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-01-23, 04:23

Oh how I agree with this.

The TCG exclusive is either underpowered or overpowered.

The overpowered ones shapes the decks that are played and the underpowered ones you never hear from again.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-23, 11:29

The Japanese also get pscks at only 150 yen MSRP!
(150.00 Yen = 1.94708 Usd)
The game is unintentionally made for the japanese to win. They get great cards at low rarities, and even tho they don't get most exclusives for a while, americans can't use those exclusives at worlds, so Americans generally can't win because 90% of them are autoplaying jews whoring tour guide.
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiza 2012-01-23, 15:47

@R4GEKILL: if that is the case, its generally their own fault for being simpletons. If it helps OCG exclusives are banned at worlds too, so its fair for everyone. If what you say about Americans is true (I dont know if it is) then you cant say that its designed for the japenese to win, but more that the other players are just not capable of working without their TCG exclsuives

in the end it doesn't matter. TCG will stick to their TCG based decks and OCG will do the same for their OCG decks, wont change much
Kaiza
Kaiza

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-24, 03:58

Kaiza wrote:@R4GEKILL: if that is the case, its generally their own fault for being simpletons. If it helps OCG exclusives are banned at worlds too, so its fair for everyone. If what you say about Americans is true (I dont know if it is) then you cant say that its designed for the japenese to win, but more that the other players are just not capable of working without their TCG exclsuives

in the end it doesn't matter. TCG will stick to their TCG based decks and OCG will do the same for their OCG decks, wont change much
Tell me a good OCG Exclusive, then my opinion will change. OCG will almost always win worlds because most top TCG decks rely on exclusives *COUGH*plant synchro*COUGH*
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  minervx 2012-01-24, 04:21

Empty Jar.

Even if it is only executed successfully 10% of the time, it is still a win that is unfair, as the other player, regardless of what they are using in their deck have no opportunity to defeat it if they are chosen to go second.

The same would apply even if it were 20%+, 5% or 1%.

minervx

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiza 2012-01-24, 14:03

@R4GEKILL: lavalval chain says hi (and we're going to scream when he hits TCG -_-)
Kaiza
Kaiza

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-24, 15:43

Kaiza wrote:@R4GEKILL: lavalval chain says hi (and we're going to scream when he hits TCG -_-)
He's not an OCG Exclusive, he's just not out yet. Lol. That's like saying whatever card from Galactic Overlord is an OCG exclusive.
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiza 2012-01-24, 15:47

OCG exclusives are cards only the OCG has, eventually all OCG exclusives will hit TCG, like how TCG exclusives will hit OCG in the end

was just pointing out that the OCG does have some nice cards the TCG wished they have (but probably dont deserve)
Kaiza
Kaiza

Back to top Go down

Post  plsgiveme500k 2012-01-26, 09:18

Well, I hope there will have a ban list/format that no broken deck, meta, anti meta, then all player doesn't need to be a netdecker and able to play under a balanced format...
plsgiveme500k
plsgiveme500k

Birthday : 1994-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatdude 2012-01-28, 15:58

Not really bad for the game, I like seeing something new every format.

In fact, by 'broken', you know the meta is basically the game at the brink the legality.

Every format has a broken deck which you can wave good bye at the start of the next.

Greatdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-28, 16:20

When you get the appropriate counters for these decks then usually it isn't a problem. There will always be decks that cause problem but I wouldn't consider them bad for the game. Without them we wouldn't have a ban-list which is good for the game.
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-19, 11:23

Seems like this thread is in actuality since the banlist was revealed.

Prepare for 6 months of Inzektor/Wind-Up
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-02-20, 22:59

What about Dino Rabbits?

It's not like they trump Inzektors & Wind-Ups.
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Suave 2012-02-20, 23:40

I see no reason to constantly complain about "broken cards/decks". I just embrace the challenge and adapt to the meta.
Nico Suave
Nico Suave

Birthday : 1988-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelo Angelo 2012-02-21, 00:23

Nico Suave wrote:I see no reason to constantly complain about "broken cards/decks". I just embrace the challenge and adapt to the meta.

I agree, its not like anything is gonna change by complaining so I say just man up and deal with it, plus its always fun destroying people with meta decks
Nelo Angelo
Nelo Angelo

Birthday : 1992-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyZekrom 2012-02-21, 00:32

ya know what the fun part is? Konami wants money, so they make broken expensive cards and the YGO users buys 'em. So, the real problem isn't really Konami or the cards, the real problem is the power-thirsty users
GreyZekrom
GreyZekrom

Birthday : 1997-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down