Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Suggestions

5 posters

Go down

2 Suggestions Empty 2 Suggestions

Post  Vonbolt 2012-01-16, 18:14

Well idk if this is the correct forum, first of all i got some pms regarding about "Raigeki Break" that still got the old wording and new players mistake it for a card without cost like "Dark Smogh"

The seccond idk if this was posted before, is that when "Convulsion of Nature" is active is very hard to play with it because there isn't an option to "flip" the top card of the deck, i got a complaint for it, and i use it too for otk's.

Thats all

Pd: im a new admin in game lol
Vonbolt
Vonbolt

Birthday : 1990-03-26

Back to top Go down

2 Suggestions Empty Re: 2 Suggestions

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-16, 19:04

Even without PSCT, discarding a card for Raigeki Break is obviously a cost. If it wasn't, it would say "Discard 1 card AND destroy 1 card on the field." If any card tells you to do something like that (tribute a monster, pay lp, etc) followed by a period, then it's a cost. It's words like "and" and "then" that make things part of the effect.

Also, the word "by" indicates that the following text is the cost (summon X BY doing Y)

The problem solving card text for it isn't even that different.

Discard 1 card: destroy a card on the field.

Or something like that.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Birthday : 1992-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Vonbolt 2012-01-16, 19:14

I know because that was the old wording, the point is some people not, and for that they try to make plays with Dw's, thats because i "suggest" to change the old text to the new one.
Vonbolt
Vonbolt

Birthday : 1990-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-16, 20:16

I'm sure whoever is responsible for card text will make the change once they see this thread.

However, it's not really a problem. This same kind of thing happened before PSCT was introduced, and it was handled in the same way. (A judge makes a ruing/the ruling is looked up/etc.)

Even WITH the PSCT, you'll STILL have people who try to use it to set off Dark World effects.

In fact, even if the card said "DISCARDING THIS IS A COST, NOT AN EFFECT", I'm willing to bet people would still try it.

At any rate, I do support updating cards with PSCT if they have it.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-01-17, 06:43

Already suggested, look in the stickies.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmic_Fate 2012-01-17, 06:49

I forsee the locking of this topic in the near future. CoN has been suggested many times, and as Kaiba stated the RB matter is rather pointless as it is clearly a cost. People would still think it would activate DW effects even if it was fixed.
Cosmic_Fate
Cosmic_Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-01-17, 10:29

Kaiba wrote:Even without PSCT, discarding a card for Raigeki Break is obviously a cost. If it wasn't, it would say "Discard 1 card AND destroy 1 card on the field." If any card tells you to do something like that (tribute a monster, pay lp, etc) followed by a period, then it's a cost. It's words like "and" and "then" that make things part of the effect.

Also, the word "by" indicates that the following text is the cost (summon X BY doing Y)

The problem solving card text for it isn't even that different.

Discard 1 card: destroy a card on the field.

Or something like that.
Close, it'd be: Discard 1 card to target 1 card on the field; destroy it.
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-17, 16:25

Oh yeah, PSCT always states if a card targets.

Also, here's the wikia link to see the new text: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Raigeki_Break
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down