Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you...

4 posters

Go down

Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you... Empty Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you...

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-01-31, 13:44

The Cropper

So I got into a duel today and my opponent was cheating, now one of the admins that came in just couldn't decide who was telling the truth, that ended with Duel being Canceled, I wasn't too thrilled that someone did that but it gave me an idea. I thought that how easy it would be to prove who is right and who is wrong if we recorded our duels, but than I realized that you would still only need few key moments to prove who is telling the truth. So I decided to poke around the interwebz and see what if there is a way to take easily take more than 1 screenshot because with Paint it's pretty hard to do it in time while your opponent is adding cards from his deck at random, or returning cards to deck and shuffling.

And I found this Handy Tool

It is called "Cropper" and you can find more about it here.

Cropper is a screen capture utility written in C# on the Microsoft .Net platform. It makes it fast and easy to grab parts of your screen. Use it to easily crop out sections of vector graphic files such as Fireworks without having to flatten the files or open in a new editor. Use it to easily capture parts of a web site, including text and images. It's also great for writing documentation that needs images of your application or web site.
The files are saved straight to a folder of your choice in the format you specify or to the clipboard or printer. No more 'Print Screen'... open image editor... paste from clipboard... crop... export. Just double-click the form or press enter, and whatever is visible below the form is captured.

Guide Comments::

Cropper is a pretty nifty free screen capture tool I came across recently. When you run it from a keyboard shortcut or the tray icon, it puts a floating transparent box on your screen which you can move freely and resize by dragging the corner. Move the frame around the screen and simply double click to capture the area under the box.
Cropper is very handy if you need to take a series of screen shots all the same size. You can also set it to automatically generate a second, scaled-down thumbnail image for each capture. This is the first tool I've come across that does automatic thumbnails of screen shots.

Another unique feature is the ability to have transparent portions of the captured window filled with a solid color in the final capture. This is useful when capturing 'skinned' user interfaces that don't have a typical rectangular window shape.

Cropper captures can be saved automatically to the folder of your choice as BMP, PNG, or JPEG files, or you can have them copied or sent directly to your printer. All options can be set by simply right-clicking on the floating capture frame.

Cropper isn't perfect; it can't capture menus, cursors, and transparent windows, for example. But it is definitely a unique approach to screen capture, and worth having in your arsenal of cool and useful tools. Developer Brian Scott offers the program for free, and the source code is also available. Well done, Brian!

And you can download it here

Code:
http://cropper.codeplex.com/

And what it does it takes and automatically saves your screenshot on your computer(possible in several formats such as JPEG and PNG), I would suggest PNG since it's the best type.

Here is how you install it.
After you download it, open the Cropper.rar and double click on Setup.Exe and follow the instructions.

After you successfully install Cropper, it may not appear on your desktop. In case this it is probably in your Start Menu if it still not there do the following.

Click Start Button > Search > Cropper
OR
Local Disk(C] > Program Files > Fusion8Design > Croppe

Now that we have opened the Cropper you fill find small icon in the taskbar right click on that icon and go to "Options" there you can set your folder where you want your screeshots to be saved(Default is Local Disk(C)>Users>Username>My Documents>Cropper Capture.

You will see a small blue rectangle each time you open the Cropper you can remove it by doing Right Click on the rectangle and selecting option "Hide" this will hide the rectangle but will not turn off Cropper.

Now after you've done all this all you have to do is to simply press "PrintScreenSysRq" Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREpsbWWQPAzNMCb_JztaSybEfNtLsI7sPzQgeE78zPe4plK1E-GQ

And each time you do so a screenshot will automatically be saved to folder that you selected(default is Cropper Capture located in Local Disk(C)>Users>Username>My Documents>Cropper Capture.)

After you take you screenshots you may upload them to many sites like
Code:
www.imgur.com
www.imageshack.com
www.photobucket.com
www.tinypic.com

Also there are number of Plug-ins that can be used you can check them out here
Code:
http://cropperplugins.codeplex.com/

I couldn't get any of them to work but it is worth checking

So here is a quick example of how you can prove your opponent is cheating and that is to screenshot the moments he adds the cards for no reason to his hand for example.(don't mind the fact that the play in the screenshot is legal)

Best moments to screenshot are:
When opponent goes looking at his deck for no reason.
Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you... ECLy5

The moment he adds the cards
Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you... SmC7H

If are nifty about the player you are you can screenshot every turn so that you have proofs should the need arise.

And once again all the links
Code:

http://cropper.codeplex.com - Download
http://cropperplugins.codeplex.com/ - Plug-ins

I hope you find this useful in your duels.

Last edited by Badass_Bunny on 2012-02-01, 15:20; edited 2 times in total
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you... Empty Re: Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you...

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-01-31, 15:20

This should be auto-sticky, awesome stuff this!

But as I barely duel rated I won't use it but it's great info!

+1 bro!
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you... Empty Re: Can't record all your duels? 1 Screenshot can't prove that your opponent is cheating? Well I got news for you...

Post  S.S.A. 2012-01-31, 15:23

another thing, atleast for mac users, screen recording is easy because quicktime player has a screenrecord function, and if nothing uneventful happens in that duel you can just delete the recording
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  nero77 2012-02-16, 08:31

This is a good idea.I use sites like imgur and Photobucket to provide my screenshots.
nero77
nero77

Birthday : 1994-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down