Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for Dueling Network.

+8
DarkRiku
Zero2Hero
lordofpoison
Badass_Bunny
El Gramma
Miror B.
Phoenix Wright
! Alestorm !
12 posters

Go down

Suggestions for Dueling Network. Empty Suggestions for Dueling Network.

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-04, 14:02

So I have been dueling on dueling network for quite sometime, and in that time period; There have been many things I felt could be done to dueling network to ease up the pressure on the admins.

First suggestion:

Easy access to rulings: I do not know if any of you have heard of the YVD before but I remember that each card had a link for quick rulings..this allowed user to quickly look up rulings to cards..and settle disputes without help of an admin..it will take pressure off of the mods if players can handle their own rulings...I know we have google..but I doubt 7000 people know how to look up their own rulings...just an idea Smile

Second Suggestion:

Ignore button: I think an ignore button would be great for dueling network to control spammers. It can also control things like harassment and bullying which are also brought to an admins attention when a user is bullied..instead of pming a mod when someone is bothering you..just simply ignore them..this could take alot of pressure off the mods..cause users will be allowed to control who they interact with..and if someone spams a chat the user has the option to either block the person or not block them..just a suggestion..

Third Suggestion(this one is more colorful):

My last suggestion for the time being..is it would be nice to be able to play with yugioh playmats..the playmats can add abit more atmosphere to dueling network and make it look alittle more colorful and exciting..dueling network can hold a contest like they did for the sleeves..aswell as let people who donate use custom mats... Smile

One more Suggestion(edited):

I predict this one to be rejected..but I am going to suggest it anyway..But for the people who are new to the game of yugioh and not really sure how to build a competative deck..how about we have a small list of premade decks for the players to start off with..until they get the hang of the game..it wont be a net deck..but it could just be possibly a list of the structure decks or something...this is just for the new players..or ones learning the game..not sure if this is a good idea >.>

Thats all that I can think of for now..I checked the suggestions link and none of these were on there..hopefully some of these are considered thank you for taking the time to read my ideas Smile
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Dueling Network. Empty Re: Suggestions for Dueling Network.

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-04, 14:51

1.Use the wikia
2.I agree with this
3.I want this so badly, but I don't think it's happening anytime soon
4.No
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-04, 14:54

Phoenix Wright wrote:
1.Use the wikia

I am with you..I am one who will use wikia before I call a mod..for help..but i am sure there are more people who are to lazy to get the rules and would rather have them handed to them and take up everyones time..of that makes sense Smile
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-04, 18:28

! Alestorm ! wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
1.Use the wikia

I am with you..I am one who will use wikia before I call a mod..for help..but i am sure there are more people who are to lazy to get the rules and would rather have them handed to them and take up everyones time..of that makes sense Smile

You know those people who say the wiki isn't a credible source?

They'll say the same thing about DN.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gramma 2012-02-04, 19:23

Miror B. wrote:You know those people who say the wiki isn't a credible source?

They'll say the same thing about DN.

Lol people actually thinking that
El Gramma
El Gramma

Birthday : 1992-12-01

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User:Lord_Grammaticus

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-02-04, 19:30

There are plans for Mats, maybe they will be here sooner than you expect.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  lordofpoison 2012-02-04, 19:34

! Alestorm ! wrote:

Second Suggestion:

Ignore button: I think an ignore button would be great for dueling network to control spammers. It can also control things like harassment and bullying which are also brought to an admins attention when a user is bullied..instead of pming a mod when someone is bothering you..just simply ignore them..this could take alot of pressure off the mods..cause users will be allowed to control who they interact with..and if someone spams a chat the user has the option to either block the person or not block them..just a suggestion..

I suggested this and so did like 2 other people.. I htink anyways admin on forums told me mine was denied I don;t think this one will happen anytime soon.. Sad

lordofpoison

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-04, 19:40

lordofpoison wrote:
! Alestorm ! wrote:

Second Suggestion:

I suggested this and so did like 2 other people.. I htink anyways admin on forums told me mine was denied I don;t think this one will happen anytime soon.. Sad

if it happens i got atleast like 5 people.. to ignore Smile

and when it comes to rulings u cant win..and people only really say it isnt a credible source when the ruling is not in their favor >.>
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2012-02-04, 20:01

1. I'd say just use wikis, but I wouldn't mind if there were links on the cards to the wikia's rulings for them
2. Manually ignore the people.
3. In the planning bin
4. .... Really? I think not... |:
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-04, 20:06

! Alestorm ! wrote:and when it comes to rulings u cant win..and people only really say it isnt a credible source when the ruling is not in their favor >.>

I know, and I'm pretty sure they'd just do the same thing if DN had a ruling page.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-04, 21:48

still not the worst suggestions..the mat idea would be cool.. ^^
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-02-05, 01:37

Badass_Bunny wrote:There are plans for Mats, maybe they will be here sooner than you expect.

I didn't know this. I so want this. Just wonder how it would work with a field spell out? (Don't have to answer that just curious.)
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-05, 01:45

DarkRiku wrote:
Badass_Bunny wrote:There are plans for Mats, maybe they will be here sooner than you expect.

I didn't know this. I so want this. Just wonder how it would work with a field spell out? (Don't have to answer that just curious.)
the background of the field could change..or the middle could change ..or the mats could be slightly faded >.>
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. RPG 2012-02-05, 02:50

I actually love your last idea, ti would really help out new players of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Mr. RPG

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gramma 2012-02-05, 03:34

Uh actually

The last suggestion is pretty iffy

Since DN allows you to basically build the structure decks yourself if you really want to take that route, so

Iunno why DN should do the work of deck building for them

Plus there's the matter of them learning the rulings, timings, etc.
El Gramma
El Gramma

Birthday : 1992-12-01

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User:Lord_Grammaticus

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-02-05, 04:59

! Alestorm ! wrote:So I have been dueling on dueling network for quite sometime, and in that time period; There have been many things I felt could be done to dueling network to ease up the pressure on the admins.

First suggestion:

Easy access to rulings: I do not know if any of you have heard of the YVD before but I remember that each card had a link for quick rulings..this allowed user to quickly look up rulings to cards..and settle disputes without help of an admin..it will take pressure off of the mods if players can handle their own rulings...I know we have google..but I doubt 7000 people know how to look up their own rulings...just an idea Smile

Second Suggestion:

Third Suggestion(this one is more colorful):

My last suggestion for the time being..is it would be nice to be able to play with yugioh playmats..the playmats can add abit more atmosphere to dueling network and make it look alittle more colorful and exciting..dueling network can hold a contest like they did for the sleeves..aswell as let people who donate use custom mats... Smile

One more Suggestion(edited):

I predict this one to be rejected..but I am going to suggest it anyway..But for the people who are new to the game of yugioh and not really sure how to build a competative deck..how about we have a small list of premade decks for the players to start off with..until they get the hang of the game..it wont be a net deck..but it could just be possibly a list of the structure decks or something...this is just for the new players..or ones learning the game..not sure if this is a good idea >.>

Thats all that I can think of for now..I checked the suggestions link and none of these were on there..hopefully some of these are considered thank you for taking the time to read my ideas Smile
1) Admins should know rulings and be able to look up any they don't fast. Admins don't have to provide links anyway.
2) Yes, I want this.
3) But we already have Field Spell backgrounds.
4) Maybe putting the Starter Decks on could be a good idea.
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-02-05, 05:16

Starter Deck decklists can still be found on the magical place called Internet, so can any other pre-made deck, it's like netdecking in a really bad way(the decks aren't even consistent, talking about Starters...).
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-05, 10:01

the point of the first suggestion..is to encourage players to settle their own disputes instead of just calling an admin because someone does not know a rule..I guess people will still be stupid and do it anyway..but it still isnt a bad idea.. or is it..i guess its an in the middle one lol
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-05, 10:56

1) There is an Admin Exam, if he/she passed it just ask the Greem or Gray ID
2) Agree with it
3) How about custom Playmat for Donated? Like custom avatar and custom sleeve
4) already told by 3E-hero neos
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 19:44

I think we have a misunderstanding on suggestion number one >.>
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down