Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slifer the Executive Producer

+4
Occultdude17
Heimdall
IMJuly
Nelo Angelo
8 posters

Go down

Slifer the Executive Producer Empty Slifer the Executive Producer

Post  Nelo Angelo 2012-02-17, 11:09

Slifer the Executive Producer SlifertheSkyDragon-VJMP-JP-UR

I was thinking of making Slifer Deck, but have no idea where to start >.> So I'm here asking all of you, what an ideal build that I can try? Thanks in Advance^^
Nelo Angelo
Nelo Angelo

Birthday : 1992-12-04

Back to top Go down

Slifer the Executive Producer Empty Re: Slifer the Executive Producer

Post  IMJuly 2012-02-17, 11:18

Level 1 Slifer

uses Tri-weight and all that noise for fast slifer and big hands I play it.
IMJuly
IMJuly

Birthday : 1993-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-17, 17:40

Any deck that tends to swarm like Blackwings, Wind-Ups, Inzektors, and Gadgets help summon Slifer faster. The above suggestion is also good, especially in an Ojama deck.

Like this: Once the Ojama Trio (Yellow, Green, and Black) end up in the grave, use Tri-Wight to summon them back to the field. Use Ojama Delta Hurricane to clear your opponent's field, and then tribute them for Slifer xD
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-17, 17:45

Heimdall wrote:Playing Nordics, Naturias, Morphtronics, Macro Monarchs, Watts, and Crystal Beasts. I've gotten into Morphtronics the most, followed by Naturias and Nordics as my other faves.

I was kind of disappointed by the Nordic archetype, due to their not being DIVINE monsters as well as some cases where the designers didn't do a very good job (Gleipnir, I'm looking at you, your effect should be "Giant Wolves can't attack", in accordance with your portrayal in the myths).

You know what I'm gonna do though? I'm gonna build a Nordic deck and then put Slifer in it.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-02-17, 17:53

Just a question which would be really useful to consider in a Slifer deck:

The effect that says "If this card is Special Summoned: Send it to the graveyard during the End Phase", that is an effect right, and not a condition? If so you can Forbidden Chalice it and then choose which effect resolves first so Slifer as cl2, then it becomes negated, then cl1 Chalice resolves, right? o.o
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-17, 17:58

Occultdude17 wrote:
Heimdall wrote:Playing Nordics, Naturias, Morphtronics, Macro Monarchs, Watts, and Crystal Beasts. I've gotten into Morphtronics the most, followed by Naturias and Nordics as my other faves.

I was kind of disappointed by the Nordic archetype, due to their not being DIVINE monsters as well as some cases where the designers didn't do a very good job (Gleipnir, I'm looking at you, your effect should be "Giant Wolves can't attack", in accordance with your portrayal in the myths).

You know what I'm gonna do though? I'm gonna build a Nordic deck and then put Slifer in it.

You do know that's part of my sig, right?

Suit yourself. I don't think it mixes well with Nordics, unless you find the Dverg + Ljosalf combo useful to summon Slifer.
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-17, 18:03

Of course I know it's part of your sig. I had to specifically copy and paste it in order to respond. I'll let you know how Slifer does with deities from other pantheons.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-17, 18:14

Offering Gadgets, Low level vanilla spam (with tri-wright. Ojama work too), Frogs, floaters (monsters like Tengu, Giant Germ, Nimble Momonga..).
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-17, 18:22

Use the Celtic Guardian!

Along with Rescue Rabbit, Double Summon and D.D. Reincarnation.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2012-02-17, 22:14

Phraxure wrote:Just a question which would be really useful to consider in a Slifer deck:

The effect that says "If this card is Special Summoned: Send it to the graveyard during the End Phase", that is an effect right, and not a condition? If so you can Forbidden Chalice it and then choose which effect resolves first so Slifer as cl2, then it becomes negated, then cl1 Chalice resolves, right? o.o
Answer in spoilers:
Spoiler:
On topic: Use Frogs or Ojamas.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-17, 22:51

- Frog
- Ojama
- Agent
- HERO Worm
- HERO Gishki
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelo Angelo 2012-02-17, 23:47

Thanks Guys for all the feedback^^
Nelo Angelo
Nelo Angelo

Birthday : 1992-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-18, 17:51

Phraxure wrote:Just a question which would be really useful to consider in a Slifer deck:

First, a technical problem with your suggestion:

You can't chain Slifer to Chalice for 3 reasons: 1, Slifer is a Trigger effect and automatically goes as Chain Link 1 due to SEGOC; 2, Slifer is Spell Speed 1 and Chalice is Spell Speed 2, and 1 cannot chain to 2; and 3, Chains resolve backwards, so if Slifer was Chain Link 2 it would be destroyed and then Chalice would resolve without effect.

As for Chalice vs. Slifer in general, I'm unable to find a ruling. However, I imagine it would work as follows:

If you Chalice Slifer before the End Phase, then Chalice would wear off and Slifer would destroy itself. If you chain Chalice to Slifer's effect during the End Phase, then Chalice will negate Slifer's effect, expire, and then Slifer will destroy itself again. Basically, the same as what would happen if you used Divine Wrath on Stardust, Treeborn or Sinister Serpent. Difference being that Slifer's effect is mandatory.

I can confirm with certainty that substituting Chalice with Skill Drain will only delay the destruction while Skill Drain is active. If Skill Drain is destroyed, then Slifer's effect will activate during the End Phase even if it was Special Summoned several turns ago. Really isn't a way to keep Slifer out indefinitely unless you Normal Summon it.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-02-18, 18:06

Ah I see, thanks very much.
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content