Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nordics once again.

2 posters

Go down

Nordics once again. Empty Nordics once again.

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-20, 12:23

It was becoming a rare occasion that I would use my Nordics again, but I love them. I started playing again, and have even made some changes. I have yet to drop a Tragoedia, but I think he's a better choice than Gorz when you're using a deck reliant on tuning. Suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated. It's not a good idea to tune for a Aesir in the first turn, but it's definitely doable with this deck.

Nordics once again. VyC61

22 Monsters
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1x Dverg of the Nordic Alfar
1x Garmr of the Nordic Beasts
3x Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts
2x Ljosalf of the Nordic Alfar
1x Maxx "C"
2x Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
1x Svartalf of the Nordic Alfar
2x Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts
2x Tanngrisnir of the Nordic Beasts
2x Tragoedia
2x Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant
2x Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant

9 Spells
1x Burial from a Different Dimension
1x Heavy Storm
1x Lightning Vortex
1x Mind Control
1x Miracle Dig
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice

9 Traps
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Draining Shield
3x Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir
1x Mirror Force
1x Nordic Relic Laevateinn
1x Trap Dustshoot

Extra Deck: 15
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Armory Arm
1x Black Rose Dragon
2x Loki, Lord of the Aesir
2x Odin, Father of the Aesir
1x Stardust Dragon
2x Thor, Lord of the Aesir
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 39: utopia
1x Utopia Ray
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Nordics once again. Empty Re: Nordics once again.

Post  itsjustjosh 2012-02-20, 12:54

Well first off, needs more staples >.>
itsjustjosh
itsjustjosh
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1980-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-20, 19:21

Staples like what? The only other ones I would add right now would be Torrential Tribute and Dark Hole so I could take advantage of Odin's effect.

Also, I wanted to provide a list for everyone to see some of the cards that are in there, and why. If you have better suggestions, I'll be happy to read them.

Dverg of the Nordic Alfar (Level 1) - I could use his effect when an Aesir is already on the field. Using his effect to Normal Summon Ljosalf (Level 4), who can in turn summon Svartalf (Level 5 Tuner) by targetting the face-up Aesir. Instant Loki right there. Although this move takes 3 cards from the hand, that has never really been my concern.

Garmr of the Nordic Beasts - Lots of Level 4 monsters nowadays are at 1900 ATK. This monster has an outstanding DEF of 1900, and can bounce an attacking monster that is Level 4 or lower. Useful against Thunder King Rai-Oh, but only if the opponent has used up his Normal Summon already.

Maxx "C" - Obvious reason is Tragoedia, but another is to provide some draw power. The search Traps in there can provide the necessary Nordics, but sometimes it's not enough.

Super-Nimble Mega Hamster - IMO, the best card to use when you're ready to drop an Aesir, or to provide a shield for your LP, depending on the situation. If the opponent attacks with only one monster on the field, I can summon Tanngnjostr with Hamster's effect. Tanngnjostr would then be Flip Summoned on the next turn to bring Tanngrisnir (or Guldfaxe if a Tuner is needed) and summon any monster that adds up to Level 10 with Tanngnjostr and Tanngrisnir/Guldfaxe. Unlike Vanadis and Mara, Guldfaxe doesn't care on what you use as the Synchro Materials.

Svartalf of the Nordic Alfar - Mostly to keep with the Nordic theme as much as possible, but can also be sent to the Grave by Vanadis's effect, and making her Level 5. Svartalf already being in the Grave, I could always opt for Loki instead of Odin, thanks to Vanadis being able to be a replacement for any Tuner needed to summon an Aesir.

Tragoedia - This monster has its uses in this deck. Being able to power up thanks to Maxx "C" or can be used to become a Level to that of a monster in the grave. With Nordics, I can always send Svartalf or Vanadis to the grave to take control of an opponent's monster, and summon Valkyrie. Also, I could use Tragoedia's effect to become any Level that a monster in my grave has. I have yet to test him, though.

Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant - She's useful as a last resort, or when an Aesir needs to be dropped and fast. She Banishes two Nordics in my hand in order to summon two Level 4 Tokens. It can put me in a hand disadvantage (again, not a huge concern), but if successful, I got an instant Odin. Also best if I banish 2 Nordic Ascendant Tuners like another Valkyrie or Vanadis, so I can bring them to the grave with Burial from a Different Dimmension and thus being able to revive Odin three times instead of one (unless, of course, his summon is negated). Her effect can be chained to by cards like Effect Veiler (making Valkyrie useless) or Maxx "C" (which can always give the player second thoughts) so it's not always reliable.

Nordic Relic Laevateinn - A card that pops any monster that destroyed another monster by battle that turn. And the fact that NOTHING can be activated in response to it, it'll always resolve first in a chain. Useful against Shooting Quasar Dragon, especially if your opponent is ready to finish you off. If it already destroyed a monster before this card's activation, Quasar's effect CANNOT be chained to it, resulting in its destruction. The downside is that it can't be activated during the Damage Step, but that is hardly a problem.
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down