Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Rejuvenation + Reload + Card Destruction

+3
sagax06
Exiled
innocenz.ii
7 posters

Go down

Super Rejuvenation + Reload + Card Destruction Empty Super Rejuvenation + Reload + Card Destruction

Post  innocenz.ii 2012-02-24, 20:59

Hello Dueling Networks.

I was interested in performing an Exodia OTK by using Super Rejuvenation and combining it with Reload and Card Destruction since I saw a video about it on Youtube: So here is the Link:
Exodia FTK

The Duelist featuring the video said it was completely legal to activate Card Destruction and/or Reload during the Endphase after drawing for one Super Rejuvenation and keep activating these three cards until you gathered Exodia (if you can). And he said he used this in an official tournament and the judges approved it.

So today I tried it myself and during my Endphase when I activated Card Destruction after I drew for SuperReju my opponent said I couldnt and that I had to discard to my handlimit immediately after my Drawing. I said that it is possible to activate Quicks during the Endphase and he agreed. However he insisted that I couldnt do so after i drew for SuperReju and I was like "Are you kidding me?". So we called an admin. I was sure he would confirm but he said just the same thing. He left a link for me which explained something else (...)
And his reasoning was that when I activate Super Reju i somehow lose my right to activate further Quicks (...)
He said: " its just some mechanic rule basically your end phase is over once you draw " "he has to reduce to 6 and end" " its just that you dont draw cards until your end phase is over" "its still end phase but once you draw the end phase is done" " this isnt the exact same but this explains it alittle" then the link. YGO Wikia Super Rejuvenation Rulings
So I am wondering. Since Super Reju states "During my endphase" I assumed it was correct that I could do more. And now I am told this ENDS my Endphase and I have to discard (...)
I am not particularly mad or anything its just that I would like to use this deck the way it could be used best. And that requires this.
(I still won, after i discarded because the next turn gave me Exodia on the hand)

So what do you know? And think? Whats the correct way to play this?

YGO Wikia End Phase this link explains that the turn player (me) decides in which order to resolve the effects happening and that discarding is the very last thing to happen. Wouldnt that mean that I was correct?

Anyhow please comment.
innocenz.ii
innocenz.ii

Back to top Go down

Super Rejuvenation + Reload + Card Destruction Empty Re: Super Rejuvenation + Reload + Card Destruction

Post  Exiled 2012-02-24, 21:16

It does not end your turn. Just that card effect ends. Which means if you end up discarding more dragons you do not get to draw for the Super Reju that has already resolved. Also, card destruction it not a quick-play, I think you are looking for the card Hand Destruction.
Exiled
Exiled

Back to top Go down

Super Rejuvenation + Reload + Card Destruction Empty Re: Super Rejuvenation + Reload + Card Destruction

Post  sagax06 2012-02-24, 21:18

Seems inconsistent like every other exodia build..lol.
sagax06
sagax06

Birthday : 1996-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Szadek 2012-02-24, 21:29

You can play quick-plays you by Super Rejuvenation.
But this guy missed this ruling:
"If the Turn Player has seven or more cards in his hand at this time, he/she must discard to the Graveyard cards until they have only six cards in their hand. This action is the very last thing to happen in any End Phase. "
Szadek
Szadek

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-24, 21:34

It is not legal to activate Card Destruction during your End Phase (Card Destruction isn't Quickplay), but it is Legal to activate Super Rejuvenation during your End Phase and if you discard a Dragon monster (in Hand Limit) u still draw Super Rejuvenation during your End Phase

RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-24, 22:05

but if you already drew for super rejuvenation youll have to use another before playing a card thatll make you discard new dragons or youll discard cards without drawing any new ones

and im sure you are forced to resolve the one you used before discarding for hand size limit

there are many mistakes on that openning post!
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-02-24, 22:44

Don't do it. Being an Exodia combo it'll just plain suck.
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-25, 11:12

dont worry he cant do it (unless not while following card rulings and game rules)
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  innocenz.ii 2012-02-25, 17:41

Hm right i messed up Hand Destruction and Card Destruction sorry about that.
And i never assumed i would draw more card when one Super Reju has already resolved but since i run 3 i can use another one after it. which gives me more cards in my endphase.
innocenz.ii
innocenz.ii

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-25, 20:23

you cant avoid discarding for hand size (you cant play cards after doing it )

hand destruction doesnt discard it sends

raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-25, 22:46

innocenz.ii wrote:Hm right i messed up Hand Destruction and Card Destruction sorry about that.
And i never assumed i would draw more card when one Super Reju has already resolved but since i run 3 i can use another one after it. which gives me more cards in my endphase.

just watch youtube video that i gave then told it to the one that u watched exodia deck RL
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down