Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charge of Light Brigade

+5
Phoenix Wright
raidou
MrChillmatic
poemi
kangtuji
9 posters

Go down

Solved Charge of Light Brigade

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-26, 00:24

Opp use Charge of LIght Brigade and claim to mill the target in deck
)claim its invalid activation and want redo it, put monster back to deck and return charge of the light brigade back to hand)

https://imgur.com/aCo3X

The problem:
1. He doesn't believe my word (as usual) https://imgur.com/pgBLQ
2. He want return the cost back to deck

The question:
Can or Cann't ? (my opp already left, but I want to make sure this is valid or not)

After I learning esp with necrovalley case, no way he can get back the card from grave and redo
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Charge of Light Brigade

Post  poemi 2012-02-26, 02:00

-Charge of light brigade isn't targeting anything as card on the deck cannot be targeted.
-If there isn't any eligible card on the deck Charge cannot be activated.
-If all eligible card was milled in the process (before charge resolved), Charge resolved w/o effect.

ps: it almost has no relation to necrovalley though.
poemi
poemi

Birthday : 1983-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-26, 02:29

1. Its my opp claim himself he "target" the card in deck ( screenshot proven )
2. That what opp trying to sell
3. The opp disagre and see point 2

Ps: well.. maybe you didn't know the difference between negate and prevent then... necrovalley thread explains it
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-26, 03:54

oh I'm sorry if my previous post is to difficult to understand.

let's review it again, shall we

-Charge of light brigade isn't targeting anything as card on the deck cannot be targeted.
I wrote this point just to remind that card on deck cannot be targeted. I was hoping that anyone reading this post will refrain to use this "target" word for anything that isn't targeting.

This points is the first answer to your problem. Was the activation of charge is legal? the answer is yes, because there's an eligible card in his deck at that point.

-If all eligible card was milled in the process (before charge resolved), Charge resolved w/o effect.
And this one is to provide you information on what's happened after when the activation is legal.

to summarize, the CotLB activation was legal and your opponent mill for cost. However when it resolves, as no eligible card left in the deck; your opponent will get nothing.
It is a legal play, nothing suggest that the play should be rewind to a certain point.

This omake it to point that the similarities between both cases (this and a certain thread) is just about the activation legalities. The graveyard, as you refer on your first post; has nothing to do with this CotLB case.
poemi
poemi

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-26, 05:13

I think poemi summed it up well, but I'll add my contribution.

At the time of CotLB's activation, you must know that you have at least 1 eligible target. If the player knows that he doesn't have a monster that meet the criteria, then the activation is illegal.

If you have 1 eligible target and it gets milled by CotLB's effect, then the activation is still legal but it resolves w/o effect since no eligible target was found at resolution.

Notice I said the word 'target' a few times, but it DOESN'T TARGET. If CotLB did target then we'd have the following scenario :

I play CotLB and want to get that 1 Lumina in my deck. When paying the cost it gets milled. If CotLB did target, then I can't have another monster.

However, it doesn't target so I can get another monster that meets the criteria.

And milling 3 is a cost to activate the card, you can't get a refund on costs if the card resolves w/o effect.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-26, 12:11

if i play charge of the light brigade mill and then notice i never had a lightsworm left in deck before even playing the card then its k to take it back because it was an illegal play

of course to do so i have to reveal my deck to my opponent so he can check i didnt had one before even milling
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-26, 12:36

raidou wrote:if i play charge of the light brigade mill and then notice i never had a lightsworm left in deck before even playing the card then its k to take it back because it was an illegal play

of course to do so i have to reveal my deck to my opponent so he can check i didnt had one before even milling
However, intentionally doing so in order to bait a negater (or something like that) can be considered as unsporting conduct.
poemi
poemi

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-26, 12:41

when playing on rated and making this mistake and on top of it my opponent chains to negate i probably wouldnt have any choice but to admit defeat
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-26, 14:13

If they have no targets, you check there deck to confirm, then continue

charge isn't returned to the hand, and the milled costs aren't returned to the deck
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2012-02-26, 18:12

Phoenix Wright wrote:If they have no targets, you check there deck to confirm, then continue

charge isn't returned to the hand, and the milled costs aren't returned to the deck

poemi wrote:-Charge of light brigade isn't targeting anything as card on the deck cannot be targeted.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-26, 19:16

One question then.. about checking opponent deck

My opp never let me see their deck, what gonna do ? Call an admin ? or just quit ?
But usually I ended with continue without looking the opp deck

is this legal ? or should i win by default instead get the loss because I lost the game because I cann't view their deck ?

Opinion ?
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-26, 19:22

Key wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:If they have no targets, you check there deck to confirm, then continue

poemi wrote:-Charge of light brigade isn't targeting anything as card on the deck cannot be targeted.

no need to shark on that, what else should we call it?
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  thehostplayer 2012-02-26, 19:24

kangtuji wrote:One question then.. about checking opponent deck

My opp never let me see their deck, what gonna do ? Call an admin ? or just quit ?
But usually I ended with continue without looking the opp deck

is this legal ? or should i win by default instead get the loss because I lost the game because I cann't view their deck ?

Opinion ?

You should be able to see their deck/check through if there is claimed not to be a selectable card.
thehostplayer
thehostplayer

Birthday : 1990-12-04

http://thehostplayer.jimdo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2012-02-26, 19:26

No cards that light brigade can bring out I guess?

Key is just being really technical Razz
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-26, 19:32

upon reexamination, it woudl have 0 relation to necrovalley because it would be a game mechanic not a card effect, lol

and goddess, yea he is, but its really unnessisary lol, and not helpful just to point it out without providing a better word for it
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-26, 19:51

You must be new here™
I guess I've gotta expaining again

in the situation (hardly meet now, since you guys only winning with 3 turns with autopilots deck)

* let say opp set card 5s/t like this
Charge of Light Brigade Ya05x

* One among them is Charge of The Light Brigade

* Opp want to clear one S/T by activating Charge

( The original question was can opp do ? or cann't )

This situation was refer to Necrovalley case : http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t16364-monster-rebon-on-s-t-zone-necrovalley-active-on-field

Now another question arises...
my opp didn't let me see their deck, and I am losing because of it,

Did this considering opp cheating ? And should I call admin (and waiting 40 minutes) just for begging my opp losing because he didn't show it ? Either way, Its me the one on unpleasant situation because my opp card.

This situation are rares, but happen
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  thehostplayer 2012-02-26, 19:55

kangtuji wrote:You must be new here™
I guess I've gotta expaining again

in the situation (hardly meet now, since you guys only winning with 3 turns with autopilots deck)

* let say opp set card 5s/t like this
Charge of Light Brigade Ya05x

* One among them is Charge of The Light Brigade

* Opp want to clear one S/T by activating Charge

( The original question was can opp do ? or cann't )

This situation was refer to Necrovalley case : http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t16364-monster-rebon-on-s-t-zone-necrovalley-active-on-field

Now another question arises...
my opp didn't let me see their deck, and I am losing because of it,

Did this considering opp cheating ? And should I call admin (and waiting 40 minutes) just for begging my opp losing because he didn't show it ? Either way, Its me the one on unpleasant situation because my opp card.

This situation are rares, but happen

We understand.

He can activate the card providing there is a card in his deck he can fetch with CotLB at the time of activation.

If he has no target card after the mill, he MUST show you his deck to prove he has no legitimate card to select anymore in the deck.

The mill is still made as it is a cost, and he gets no card to his hand. He can still activate the card.

The only circumstance in which he cant, is that he has no target before activating.

If he refuses to show you his deck, then he is cheating, and you should shark him for it.
thehostplayer
thehostplayer

Birthday : 1990-12-04

http://thehostplayer.jimdo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-26, 22:48

S.S.A. wrote:no need to shark on that, what else should we call it?
I prefer to call it "eligible card", such as in: you cannot activate dragonfly effect without eligible monster in grave or hand.

kangtuji wrote:You must be new here™️
Tell that to yourself Rolling Eyes
I bet you ain't even bother to read my post.
poemi
poemi

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-26, 23:01

eligible card is good
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-26, 23:03

Well.. i bother to read it, what did I win ? What did you bet ?

Anyway, since you must be new here™, the quote You Must be here™ was for previous poster,
^ and this line for replies to previous poster too

oh I'm sorry if my post is to difficult to understand.
here I explain it again,
The one you quoting was for previous post
But in this post, I say again "You must be new here™" twice, meaning this post applies now for previous poster too

Anyway... seriously what did I win from the betting ?
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-26, 23:08

kangtuji wrote:Well.. i bother to read it, what did I win ? What did you bet ?

Anyway, since you must be new here™, the quote You Must be here™ was for previous poster,
^ and this line for replies to previous poster too

oh I'm sorry if my post is to difficult to understand.
here I explain it again,
The one you quoting was for previous post
But in this post, I say again "You must be new here™" twice, meaning this post applies now for previous poster too

Anyway... seriously what did I win from the betting ?

let me break it down in small words

we
all
[s]understand[/s]
get
the
[s]situation[/s]
event(?)
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down