Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-Saber Souza

5 posters

Go down

Solved X-Saber Souza

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-07-31, 22:22

Hello, can you activate Souza and select the same Effect more than once per turn? Or does it fall under "card will not do anything" rule?
This is of course for the purpose of abusing Dark Soul.

X-Saber Souza wrote:1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "X-Saber" monsters
During your Main Phase, you can Tribute 1 "X-Saber" monster to have this card gain 1 of these effects until the End Phase: ● If this card battles a monster, destroy that monster immediately with this card's effect (without damage calculation). ● This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Trap Cards.

ex.
I have X-Saber Souza and 3 Dark Souls on my field, can i activate the "● This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Trap Cards." effect three times so i can tribute the 3 Dark Souls?
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: X-Saber Souza

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-31, 22:27

KaousFaustXIII wrote:Hello, can you activate Souza and select the same Effect more than once per turn? Or does it fall under "card will not do anything" rule?
This is of course for the purpose of abusing Dark Soul.

X-Saber Souza wrote:1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "X-Saber" monsters
During your Main Phase, you can Tribute 1 "X-Saber" monster to have this card gain 1 of these effects until the End Phase: ● If this card battles a monster, destroy that monster immediately with this card's effect (without damage calculation). ● This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Trap Cards.

ex.
I have X-Saber Souza and 3 Dark Souls on my field, can i activate the "● This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Trap Cards." effect three times so i can tribute the 3 Dark Souls?

It doesn't say anything about "Once per turn", so it can be used more than once. But trying to gain the same effect... twice? It won't do anything, and won't work because you already have the second effect.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-08-06, 04:10

can you provide a reference i could use?
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-06, 05:09

Since it seems you can use it more than once per turn simply go

1st Time-Trap Immunity
2nd Time-Insta Destruction
3rd Time-Trap Immunity

Simple eh? and no confusion
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-08-06, 06:26

Badass_Bunny wrote:Since it seems you can use it more than once per turn simply go

1st Time-Trap Immunity
2nd Time-Insta Destruction
3rd Time-Trap Immunity

Simple eh? and no confusion

not really, i think both effects stack and doesn't overwrite each other...
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-08-06, 09:49

Just because Souza's gained one effect and wants to gain another before it loses the first gained one doesn't mean it loses the first prematurely.

That said, activating Souza's "I gain one of these two effects" effect thrice per turn is similar to activating Dark Hole while neither player controls monsters - in essence, it has no reason to be possible. This is because once Souza has gained an effect, it cannot gain that effect once more until it loses that effect.

Activating it more than twice would then be activating it at a time where it is impossible for it to properly affect Souza.

Generally, it is impossible to activate effects at times where they have no way to properly apply to the gamestate.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-06, 14:02

In other words, you cannot activate Souza and select the same effect more than once per turn.

Solved & locked.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down