Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D,D, Survivor... XYZ material

+2
Key
{EX} TheVoid
6 posters

Go down

D,D, Survivor... XYZ material Empty D,D, Survivor... XYZ material

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-08-10, 22:58

So I was browsing the rulings section and I came across this:

coolchemist2001 wrote:So, D fissure doesn't remove xyz material when they're detached or when the xyz monster is destroyed cuz they're not monsters anymore. Similar ruling is true for union monsters (say targeted by MST).

Now if I play Macro Cosmos instead of D Fissure, its still removed. My question is, since they are not monsters as stated above, does D.D. Survivor come back? It just says it has to be face-up on the field, so I am assuming it does.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

D,D, Survivor... XYZ material Empty Re: D,D, Survivor... XYZ material

Post  Key 2011-08-11, 02:17

Yes, it is face-up with it left the field.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  AvenFallen 2011-08-11, 04:38

Well, I do not think that this is sure.

Just because, Tewart postet the rulings on Facebook and quite different Rulings for the World Championship in Amsterdam.
And, for me, a ruling for the World Championship is more official as a ruling in a facebook-group, where one person is ruling the one thing and the other thing simultanous.

Also, in Europe, the ruling of the World Championship is attempted.

AvenFallen

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-08-11, 04:45

when Tengu works D.D Survivor works also. Tengu can't activate its effect when it is removed from the fiel while not face up. Tengu can activate it -> that means monsters are face up as overlays -> an effect that requires a monster to be face up works.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  AvenFallen 2011-08-11, 05:00

dest wrote:when Tengu works D.D Survivor works also. Tengu can't activate its effect when it is removed from the fiel while not face up. Tengu can activate it -> that means monsters are face up as overlays -> an effect that requires a monster to be face up works.

Here is one of the rulings for the World Championship:

“Sangan” will not get its effect if used as an Xyz Material and is then sent to the Graveyard.

When Sangan not works, then Tengu and Survivor do not work, too. And this rulings were written by Kevin Tewart. The same Kevin Tewart brings out rulings, that Sangan will activate, when deteached, because it would be still on the field.

Here in Europe, we use the Rulings given by Tewart in regard to the World Championship. Here, monsters are not on the field as monsters, more then counters or anything else.

Also, this ruling for the World Championship is nearly like the OCG-Rulings. And not the complete different of it.
And, anyways - there will be a time, where the rulings for OCG are also used in the TCG. Its just a matter of time.

AvenFallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-08-11, 05:08

AvenFallen wrote:

“Sangan” will not get its effect if used as an Xyz Material and is then sent to the Graveyard.

When Sangan not works, then Tengu and Survivor do not work, too. And this rulings were written by Kevin Tewart. The same Kevin Tewart brings out rulings, that Sangan will activate, when deteached, because it would be still on the field.

Here in Europe, we use the Rulings given by Tewart in regard to the World Championship. Here, monsters are not on the field as monsters, more then counters or anything else.

Also, this ruling for the World Championship is nearly like the OCG-Rulings. And not the complete different of it.
And, anyways - there will be a time, where the rulings for OCG are also used in the TCG. Its just a matter of time.

Uhh ... Worlds uses OCG ruling, if you have any doubt, Kevin announced the rulings for TCG already on their facebook group.

Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  AvenFallen 2011-08-11, 05:14

Key wrote:
AvenFallen wrote:

Uhh ... Worlds uses OCG ruling, if you have any doubt, Kevin announced the rulings for TCG already on their facebook group.

Yes.
And Kevin Tewart also wrotes the ruling, I quote.

Just in case - a facebook group is not official(konami-judge-Forum is still down...), and as a few judges were talking to Konami, the rulings for the World Championship(in Europe) can be used in Tournaments in Europe.
So, for me, as a european Judge/Player, the american Ruling posted by Tewart(at 2:00 AM...in the middle of the night...) is not as official, as an email.
Sure, I know, for the YCS Indianapolis, the American TCG ruling was applied. But here in Europe, we use another ruling.

AvenFallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2011-08-11, 14:13

I think it's pretty official when the head of the TCG makes a statement on how a card works. Regardless of where he said it.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Birthday : 1992-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-11, 15:36

Rulings for worlds Follow OCG most likely cause OCG has well established rulings on how Xyz Monsters Work. TCG rules are still under review, as for now TCG should follow rulings issued at recent YCS until said otherwise
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  AvenFallen 2011-08-11, 15:40

Well, but the Side Events do not follow the rule of the OCQ - and the TCG-Rulings, which were not on facebook, are applied for the Side Events of the World Championship and other Events in Europe.

AvenFallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down