Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utopia and Replay?

3 posters

Go down

Solved Utopia and Replay?

Post  63cohen 2011-08-12, 23:47

This one is quite a tough one. Does Utopia's destruction effect cause a replay? I have heard on Pojo that it does, but am not sure myself about it. A few of the mods here are a bit uneasy about it too (DN admins that is).
63cohen
63cohen

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Utopia and Replay?

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-12, 23:59

It obviously does cause a replay, it destroys itself when you select it as an attack target. Since the attack didn't went through and number of monsters on your opponents side of the field has changed a replay happens
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  63cohen 2011-08-13, 00:02

Can we get something official then for DN? I hate having to use Pojo posts as proof since the wikia doesn't address this.
63cohen
63cohen

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-13, 00:21

63cohen wrote:Can we get something official then for DN? I hate having to use Pojo posts as proof since the wikia doesn't address this.

This is actually addressed in the replays page:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Replay

"After you’ve announced your attacking monster and the attack target monster during a Battle Step, the attack target might be removed from the field, or a new monster may be placed on the opponent’s side of the field before the Damage Step, due to a card’s effect. This causes a "Replay"...

And, of course, Utopia's effect makes him die before the damage calculation, so a replay happens. It's just something logical.

People who won't believe the game's rulings won't believe in a thread in here or Pojo anyway.

Solved & closed.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down