Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck on Connecting Page

+18
TKGriffiths
TriXter
Gazkull
KillerGecko
c0d0ps
PAIN.LIVE
GoldForce
powwow
Magician of Black Chaos
DanceJonDanceCOPY
jon404
inderp
Circeus
Phoenix Wright
Rizource
The DetonatorCOPY
The.Killswitch
Shadowman724
22 posters

Go down

Stuck on Connecting Page Empty Stuck on Connecting Page

Post  Shadowman724 2011-08-22, 00:20

I recently moved into a dorm at college. The college has it's own internet that spans the campus and they do not block any sites. When I get on Dueling Network, after I enter my username and password and click log in, it gets stuck on the connecting page.
It's not because of any server limits either as I've tried it easily 10 times at different points throughout the day including the middle of the night.
I have a friend who plays and goes to the same college and he has the same problem.

Shadowman724

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Connecting Page Empty Re: Stuck on Connecting Page

Post  The.Killswitch 2011-08-22, 11:35

I'm experiencing the same problem, actually.
The.Killswitch
The.Killswitch

Birthday : 1990-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-08-22, 16:13

This is likely caused by a firewall blocking the connection. Try the following:
- disable any firewalls and/or proxy servers that may be blocking the connection
- update flash player
- try other browsers
- clear your browser cache and refresh the webpage

The final fix for this problem is:
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Then, User And Accounts
3. Create New User.
4. Make sure you give administrator rights to your new user.
5. Go to DuelingNetwork site and the game should work perfectly.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rizource 2011-08-22, 20:17

Hello everybody,

I got the same problem. At my friends place i can play without a problem and at home it stucks at the "connecting.." page.

Now, just to inform you, I have been the FAQ. I have been googling for a long time now. Im trying to play on a apple macbook if this helps. The oprating system is LEO.

1. No firewall is active, neither is a proxy or something similar, i checked everything.
2. I updated the flash player to the latest version.
3. I tried firefox, safari, opera and google chrome, same problem with every brwoser.
4. I refreshed and cleared likely 20 times, but still the same problem.
5. I also tried do uninstall IDM but i couldnt find one (dont know if apple has none) and tried to google it but as it seems that does not exist on MAC's.

I even created a new administrator user and tried to log in with the new user and the old as well, same problem, still stuck on the connecting.. page.

Another strange thing is, if i cleared my cache i can get to the page, log in and can click on the arrow saying DUEL. If i quit then and try to load the page again i just get a black screen. I have to clear the cache and cookies etc, close the browser and open duelingnetwork.com again in order to get the page to work.

I read multiple posts but none could help me. Im trying to fix this problem for 3 days now but i just cant past the connecting page. On every other computer it worked perfectly, even on the macbook of my friend. I even tried to reset my modem, i reinstalled all browser, i tried every different configuration, nothing is helping, its really annoying, because i love the site. I even donated but its still not working...

Can anyone help me, i would realy apreciate... im sad Sad

Thanks a lot.

Rizource

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-08-22, 20:27

Shadowman724 wrote:I recently moved into a dorm at college. The college has it's own internet that spans the campus and they do not block any sites. When I get on Dueling Network, after I enter my username and password and click log in, it gets stuck on the connecting page.
It's not because of any server limits either as I've tried it easily 10 times at different points throughout the day including the middle of the night.
I have a friend who plays and goes to the same college and he has the same problem.

This sounds like a problem with the college's internet connection, make sure it is not blocking DN on their firewall

as for you rizource, are you saying that it works as long as you clear your cache? If so then just do it that way
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Killswitch 2011-08-23, 08:34

I think what he's saying is (and this is my issue as well), the site itself isn't blocked. We are able to get to the "duel" button, but when we click it it can't get past the "Connecting..." part. I sent an email to my college's head computer professors, and hopefully they are able to work around this. If not, then no DN for me for several months...
The.Killswitch
The.Killswitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rizource 2011-08-23, 10:05

Yeah thats kinda what im saying Very Happy I try to explain it another way:

If i visit the site for the first time (no cookies, empty cache atc.), the intro plays, the music plays and i can log in, but get stuck on the connecting page.

If i then close my browser, open the browser again and type in duelingnetwork.com i cant even get to the login, only a black screen appears. Then i have to clear the cache etc in order to even be able to log in, but still get stuck at "connecting.."

Rly strange :S

Rizource

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowman724 2011-08-23, 22:34

The Detonator wrote:This is likely caused by a firewall blocking the connection. Try the following:
- disable any firewalls and/or proxy servers that may be blocking the connection
- update flash player
- try other browsers

1. Go to Control Panel
3. Create New User.

None of these worked including creating a new account.

Shadowman724

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowman724 2011-08-24, 22:24

Any other suggestions?

Shadowman724

Back to top Go down

Post  Circeus 2011-08-28, 17:05

I have found all my connection problems fixed by one simple, if unusual approach.

You see, the music from the intro does NOT come from the flash: it is a separate file on the server that must be loaded in full before the flash will play. However, if you can use AdBlock Plus or a similar browser plugin to block that connection, things work smoothly.

Circeus

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Killswitch 2011-08-28, 22:32

I'm already running Adblock Plus for Chrome. I tried disabling it, enabling it, disabling it again, and it still freezes on that damn connecting page. It's really starting to piss me off, because I've been getting zero response from my school's computer department.
The.Killswitch
The.Killswitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Circeus 2011-08-29, 16:42

The.Killswitch wrote:I'm already running Adblock Plus for Chrome. I tried disabling it, enabling it, disabling it again, and it still freezes on that damn connecting page. It's really starting to piss me off, because I've been getting zero response from my school's computer department.

You're not supposed to activate or deactivate AdBlock itself! What you need is to create a specific filter and BLOCK the music from loading at all.

To do this, on the page, you must select "View -> show all blockable items" or ctrl+shift+V (or at least that's what you do on Firefox) and add a filter that will block "http://www.duelingnetwork.com:8080/Dueling_Network/overlap.mp3".

That's what worked for me.

Circeus

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Killswitch 2011-08-30, 01:38

I'll have to test it once the servers are back up. I was confused with what you were saying, since I wasn't sure how to block individual objects, but I have the hang of it now.

I'll update once I try it out.
The.Killswitch
The.Killswitch

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Killswitch 2011-08-30, 11:03

Didn't work. I tried blocking that mp3 file, but it would say "Unable to contact server." When I tried allowing every single object to load except for that one file, it would still say "connecting..." and then do nothing else.
The.Killswitch
The.Killswitch

Back to top Go down

Post  inderp 2011-08-30, 11:17

Only suggestion I can provide considering you've tried a lot. Try firefox. Or in google chrome is an "incognito window" to open one person ctrl + shift + n this is like a clean version of your google chrome that has all extensions turned off maybe you've installed one that interferes with DN and you're the first who knows.

If that doesn't work theres probably some issue with a firewall or ports or something.
inderp
inderp

Birthday : 1995-04-04

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Killswitch 2011-08-30, 12:51

It's a firewall. I used the exact same browser configuration at home and here on my school campus. The only difference is, my home network isn't full of BS firewalls.
The.Killswitch
The.Killswitch

Back to top Go down

Post  jon404 2011-09-23, 15:50

SAME PROBLEM.....

I just moved into my college dorm, and I'm stuck on the "Connecting" Page. There must be an issue of some kind at duelingnetwork's side. My school does not filter any sites.

Please see what this issue is, because it's disallowing hundreds of people from playing.
jon404
jon404

Back to top Go down

Post  DanceJonDanceCOPY 2011-09-23, 17:12

I don't think the issue here is Dueling Network.

The common factor here is that you guys are all on University connections. This is most likely some sort of firewall that your guys' school has set up. You will have to contact your school's appropriate department and see if they have some sort of solution. Most of the connection issues we get around here can be easily solved by following what The Detonator mentioned above.

The Detonator wrote:This is likely caused by a firewall blocking the connection. Try the following:
- update flash player
- try other browsers

1. Go to Control Panel
3. Create New User.

If this doesn't work then it's not Dueling Network that has the problem, it's you guys' connections. Unfortunately, there's really nothing we can do about that. I will keep the thread open just in case someone finds a solution since we can't really provide you guys with one.
DanceJonDanceCOPY
DanceJonDanceCOPY

Birthday : 1990-03-13

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Magician of Black Chaos 2011-09-23, 21:31

The problem here is the router, i guess. (if you are using router). The router, when is bad configured, does not allow the connection with servers, in this case the server of Dueling Network.
Magician of Black Chaos
Magician of Black Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Killswitch 2011-09-24, 15:23

If our universities are blocking the connection, then perhaps there's a reason behind it. Maybe the site has security issues? I don't know.

I contacted my school's department and finally got a response. Basically they said that it could be due to the change in network configuration, and that they don't have the time to give this issue priority over all of the other things they have to work on. Which I understand. And if they do have the chance to take a look at the problem, there's no ETA.

So, I guess I'll be off DN for quite some time. Unless for some reason the site goes through some changes, or there's an alternative I can use. I'm not going to hold my breath for an iPod app, though...
The.Killswitch
The.Killswitch

Back to top Go down

Post  powwow 2011-09-29, 18:55

hi i am having a similar problem it will let me log in but then when i press duel roomor somthing it loses connection help ?
powwow
powwow

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldForce 2011-09-29, 23:34

I essentially have the same issue, with some slight variation:
I too attend a college, so there's that. However, I can get into the server past the login page. Once in, however, I disconnect after about 30 seconds to a minute, and am left with a message saying "Lost Connection! Reconnecting...", only it never re-connects.
The interesting thing is this; I have been, on two occasions, able to stay connected to the server. I was able to stay on long enough to make a deck, then I went to class and when I came back it was back to the "reconnecting..." crap, and the second time I was able to get on and looked for a friend's profile before it then crashed back to the "reconnecting", approximately 5 or so minutes after login.
So yeah, not too sure what to make of this...

EDIT: So I was able to get on last night. I ended up playing several games, and had no issues other than occasional lag. I was also able to get on this morning, again, no issues. No additional action was taken.
Just thought I'd share
GoldForce
GoldForce

Birthday : 1990-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  PAIN.LIVE 2011-10-14, 02:31

why when i login its just say connecting
but befor yesterday i was can login
PAIN.LIVE
PAIN.LIVE

Back to top Go down

Post  c0d0ps 2011-10-14, 06:29

c0d0ps

Back to top Go down

Post  KillerGecko 2011-10-16, 05:57

GoldForce wrote:I essentially have the same issue, with some slight variation:
I too attend a college, so there's that. However, I can get into the server past the login page. Once in, however, I disconnect after about 30 seconds to a minute, and am left with a message saying "Lost Connection! Reconnecting...", only it never re-connects.
The interesting thing is this; I have been, on two occasions, able to stay connected to the server. I was able to stay on long enough to make a deck, then I went to class and when I came back it was back to the "reconnecting..." crap, and the second time I was able to get on and looked for a friend's profile before it then crashed back to the "reconnecting", approximately 5 or so minutes after login.
So yeah, not too sure what to make of this...

EDIT: So I was able to get on last night. I ended up playing several games, and had no issues other than occasional lag. I was also able to get on this morning, again, no issues. No additional action was taken.
Just thought I'd share

Care to share if you did anything?
KillerGecko
KillerGecko

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldForce 2011-10-16, 19:12

That's the kicker; I didn't do anything.
As far as I can discern, I can only connect to the Network when the internet traffic at my college is low. Said another way, I can't connect when there are alot of ppl here online. At least, that's my theory.
GoldForce
GoldForce

Birthday : 1990-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazkull 2011-10-17, 12:42

i'm having the exact same problem everything iss clear i was able too access it last night but today it's back too conecting screen, i've tryed both at college and uni and creating a new account does not work AT ALL just the same old "conecting...." screen and nothing happens at all.... :/

Gazkull

Back to top Go down

Post  TriXter 2011-10-31, 15:32

I'm also stuck on the Connecting page. :/ Then when I tried blocking the song, I couldn't get to the connecting screen at all; it just said "Unable to contact Server". Clearing my cache didn't change anything.

TriXter

Back to top Go down

Post  TKGriffiths 2011-11-02, 21:56

Exactly the same problem. I can log in and everything, but it hangs on 'connecting' in my university residence connection.

Could you stop repeating your 'disable all firewalls' please? Obviously that isn't going to happen. If you could tell us which ports to unblock, that would help a lot though.
TKGriffiths
TKGriffiths

Birthday : 1993-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-03, 01:41

Your connection is horrible I assume since you mentioned it being a uni job.

Nothing that can be done.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  KillerGecko 2011-11-04, 00:54

Tsunayoshi wrote:Your connection is horrible I assume since you mentioned it being a uni job.

Has little to do with connection, considering I can play xbox live games flawlessly along with more taxing cpu games.

Ontopic: I went to my IT office and we hooked my cpu up to the Network. He said there are 2 problems. 1 on DN side, and 1 on the college's side. He said that during hours of high traffic, the college network gives priotity to certain processes, and DN is not one of them. So if a lot of people are on the network, DN will be slow, or won't connect; however, none of that matters because of DN's problem.

He looked at the protocals used to connect to the Network and IP and found that the server protocals that DN uses don't work well with college networks, and it would have to be something they fix. So right now, if your at a college, you won't be able to play DN until DN changes their server protocals.
KillerGecko
KillerGecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-11-04, 01:57

[quote="KillerGecko"]
Tsunayoshi wrote:
He looked at the protocals used to connect to the Network and IP and found that the server protocals that DN uses don't work well with college networks, and it would have to be something they fix. So right now, if your at a college, you won't be able to play DN until DN changes their server protocals.
Really? Cuz I've been able to get on fine on my on-campus apartment :I Dunno if my college is just different or whatever.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  TKGriffiths 2011-11-04, 06:51

Tsunayoshi wrote:Your connection is horrible I assume since you mentioned it being a uni job.

My residence connection is much faster than my home connection (which barely loads youtube videos fast enough for me to watch continuously), and I never had a problem back home.

It's definitely an issue with the server that's stopping is from connecting.
TKGriffiths
TKGriffiths

Birthday : 1993-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  ammar 2000 2011-11-05, 17:00

i think the problem is...... u have to refresh your dn or try not doing the same thing i mean private chat on and on and on or so
ammar 2000
ammar 2000

Back to top Go down

Post  KillerGecko 2011-11-10, 02:08

[quote="Miror B."]
KillerGecko wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:
Really? Cuz I've been able to get on fine on my on-campus apartment :I Dunno if my college is just different or whatever.

I believe this is a dorm issue. I could be wrong, but I know what you mean. We have off campus housing and they get it fine. It is the dorms that have the issue.
KillerGecko
KillerGecko

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Connecting Page Empty Bump for a response to this little factoid

Post  TheFunhouseDuelist 2012-02-03, 08:32

KillerGecko wrote:He looked at the protocals used to connect to the Network and IP and found that the server protocals that DN uses don't work well with college networks, and it would have to be something they fix. So right now, if your at a college, you won't be able to play DN until DN changes their server protocals.
TheFunhouseDuelist
TheFunhouseDuelist

http://www.ADinHD.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down