Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Necrofear vs. MST

5 posters

Go down

Solved Dark Necrofear vs. MST

Post  thatiusguy0 2011-08-22, 16:46

So recently this problem has come up quite a few times in some duels I've had. Often, I will send my Dark Necrofear in for a suicide mission and gain the control of an enemy monster. It doesn't always win me the game, but it definitely makes them more interesting.

Anyways, my opponent will sometimes attempt to unequip my Necrofear from their monster using MST. There are two questions that come up for me.

1. Does Necrofear count as an equip spell card? He (or she) is certainly equipped, but does that make him/her/it a spell/trap.

2 (THE MAIN PROBLEM). When Necrofear is destroyed by MST is the equipped monster destroyed, or does its control change back to my opponent.

I only ask because this has happened a few times and neither me nor my opponents have been able to find a ruling.

thatiusguy0

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Dark Necrofear vs. MST

Post  Rainbow Haruka 2011-08-22, 16:53

Dark Necrofear does count as a Equipt Spell card, If destoryed I would assume that the equipt monster would stay under the control of whoever used Dark Necrofear as the 'take control' part of its effect is not part of the 'Equipt this to a monster' part of the effect.
Rainbow Haruka
Rainbow Haruka

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-08-22, 17:04

1. Yes it counts as an Equip Spell Card

2. The control of the monster targeted by Dark Necrofear immediately returns to the opponent when Dark Necrofear is destroyed.

Last edited by KaousFaustXIII on 2011-08-22, 17:12; edited 1 time in total
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-22, 17:07

MST can destroy Dark Necrofear while it's equipped to a monster, as it counts as an Equip Spell. Since if it's destroyed by MST it won't be on the field anymore, its effect won't be applied, so the "stolen" monster will return to where it should be depending on the situation (it may not necessarily be the owner).
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  thatiusguy0 2011-08-22, 17:26

Baby Tragon wrote:Dark Necrofear does count as a Equipt Spell card, If destoryed I would assume that the equipt monster would stay under the control of whoever used Dark Necrofear as the 'take control' part of its effect is not part of the 'Equipt this to a monster' part of the effect.

Yours really makes the most sense.

thatiusguy0

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-08-22, 17:36

As long as it is equipped with this card, you control the equipped monster.

thats from necrofear text so the monster returns to owner if necrofear is destroyed
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-08-22, 17:41

thatiusguy0 wrote:
Baby Tragon wrote:Dark Necrofear does count as a Equipt Spell card, If destoryed I would assume that the equipt monster would stay under the control of whoever used Dark Necrofear as the 'take control' part of its effect is not part of the 'Equipt this to a monster' part of the effect.

Yours really makes the most sense.

That's not true. Equip Spells' effects are continuously applied to the target. When the Equip Spell is removed from the field, you immediately stop applying any effects applied to the target.

Take this example:
Snatch Steal wrote:
Obsidian Dragon: If you use "Snatch Steal" to take control of your opponent's DARK monster while you control "Obsidian Dragon", "Snatch Steal" is negated and destroyed, and the DARK monster is returned to your opponent.

Obsidian Dragon wrote:
Negate the effects of Spell and Trap Cards that target only 1 face-up DARK monster you control, and destroy them.

Notice that the equipped monster first switches to your control. After that "Obsidian Dragon" sees the monster is being targetted by a Spell Card (because Equip Spells target and continues to target the equipped monster while its face-up on the field), he destroys the spell card after it resolves and the control switches back to the opponent.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down