Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mature debate on Marijuana

+7
Sexy Candy Panda
Red_Chaos
RazgrizLuis
nelynel12
Phoenix Wright
Badass_Bunny
{EX} TheVoid
11 posters

Go down

Mature debate on Marijuana Empty Mature debate on Marijuana

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-08-30, 23:30

I dont know if this is breaking the rules but what does everyone think about the marijuana debate? Some people, including myself, believe it should be legalized not with the argument of "so I can smoke it" but because of what else is legalized. Alcohol and cigarettes are both more harmful than marijuana. Many of the arguments is the "high" feeling. Since I havent been high before I dont know the feeling, but Im guessing its no worse than being drunk. Just make driving while high illegal like drunk driving is. Plus its not like it ISNT your choice to smoke it. Theres not gonna be someone holding a gun to you saying "smoke this or die.". *Legalization would kill most of the crime industries since marijuana is probably the most common illegal drug peddled.* I believe this should be legalized but I want the opinions of my fellow DN members.

*I did not do research in the statement with *s around it, it is mere speculation.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Mature debate on Marijuana Empty Re: Mature debate on Marijuana

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-30, 23:32

Mature debate on Marijuana Tumblr_lm2n1bujDC1qfjjglo1_500

I don't really care about it I just wanted an excuse to post that pic.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-08-30, 23:33

I have heard no reason for marijuana to be outlawed, and I challenge someone to try and think of a reason
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-08-30, 23:36

TheVoid wrote:

I dont know if this is breaking the rules but what does everyone think about the marijuana debate? Some people, including myself, believe it should be legalized not with the argument of "so I can smoke it" but because of what else is legalized. Alcohol and cigarettes are both more harmful than marijuana. Many of the arguments is the "high" feeling. Since I havent been high before I dont know the feeling, but Im guessing its no worse than being drunk. Just make driving while high illegal like drunk driving is. Plus its not like it ISNT your choice to smoke it. Theres not gonna be someone holding a gun to you saying "smoke this or die.". *Legalization would kill most of the crime industries since marijuana is probably the most common illegal drug peddled.* I believe this should be legalized but I want the opinions of my fellow DN members.

*I did not do research in the statement with *s around it, it is mere speculation.

I would never tell someone to smoke weed. But it helps. You keep your focus unlike drinking. Not for nothing I write better when I am high.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Birthday : 1991-09-17

https://www.youtube.com/user/YourDuelingNetwork?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-08-30, 23:40

Badass_Bunny wrote:Mature debate on Marijuana Tumblr_lm2n1bujDC1qfjjglo1_500

I don't really care about it I just wanted an excuse to post that pic.
This just made my day.

@Nel My cousin said she gets high before class for the same reason.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  RazgrizLuis 2011-08-30, 23:43

I agree that it needs to be legalize. I heard that its legal in most parts of Europe as long as your not selling it. Here in the US, it wouldnt be a problem if they took the same approach. Would reduce a lot of the convictions and crimes we have here. Plus thinking in a political standpoint, less money spent on jails, courts and lawyers; more money for other stuff that matters. I should add that if the government found a way to tax all sales (if they decide on sales being legal), they would make as much as they make with cigarettes.

As far as negative, Bunny's pic is enough to refute that argument. That are I never heard someone die from a High driver.

Last edited by RazgrizLuis on 2011-08-30, 23:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the bold font)
RazgrizLuis
RazgrizLuis

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-08-30, 23:46

Pox_Equestria wrote:I have heard no reason for marijuana to be outlawed, and I challenge someone to try and think of a reason

i'll give the same stance i give to cigarette smokers...I don't want to be near the stuff. go home and smoke it, i can't stand smoke in general gives me headaches makes me breath harder, i don't want to go into shock because somebody decided to light up in front of my face. Go light up at home so i can breath clean air.

SO..i guess what im saying is im all for banning any type of smoking in PUBLIC
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-08-30, 23:54

I agree to ban all smoking in public, since it doesnt just affect the smoker but the people around the smoker. They should ban it and then allow public smoking places similar to what they do with alcohol being sold in bars.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy Candy Panda 2011-08-31, 00:02

ok, don't wanna brag here but i know what it's like to get high it's cool *specially if you have lots of money* i do it adn theres no problem, it actually helped e from my athsma problem now i can breathe better , im NOT saying you should do it, but coming from a person who does this it is good,i repeat, i am NOT encouraging you to try this just saying, *i don't wanna get banned*
Sexy Candy Panda
Sexy Candy Panda

Birthday : 1990-02-27

http://dueling network.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-08-31, 00:09

Should be legalized, or at the bare minimum decriminalized.

Someone being sent to prison for smoking weed, or using any drug for that matter, is wrong. If we are giving prison time for drug use we are essentially saying it's as bad as murder, which sounds utterly silly. Prison time should only be used on individuals who have committed a grievous act against a human(s). Drug use in isn't such an act. While this topic is only about marijuana I figured it was worth considering all drugs in this instance.

Anyway, while we can make valid arguments on the total legality on other drugs, there are very limited reasons for marijuana to be illegal. For one thing there hasn't been an official case where marijuana was the cause of someone's death in a sense that you can't OD on marijuana. That's not to say there's no damaging as effects, since if you smoke it there will at least be some damage on the lungs like you would from inhaling any kind of smoke. Marijuana is also less addictive than other drugs, even alcohol.

Marijuana makes a good alternative to using opiates like vicodin, since opiates are easier to become addicted to and are more dangerous when abused. There are also studies that have looked into other medicinal applications for marijuana, such as being able to help manage vomiting. Even marijuana merely helping increase appetite is helpful if someone has a stomach condition.

There also some economical benefits for marijuana to be legalized, though it probably wouldn't get us out of the recession. For one there will be less money going towards apprehending and prosecuting marijuana users, growers, sellers, etc. Of course, that's not to say there won't be any money going towards policing the sale as it will need to be regulated like the sale of any other drug. Nevertheless, marijuana's legalization will lead to more jobs as people could open up dispensaries and farmers would have a profitable crop legal to grow.

nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-08-31, 00:12

Nsanejoker... You should send that to Obama.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy Candy Panda 2011-08-31, 00:24

Nsanejoker...you are my hero, I Love You...
Sexy Candy Panda
Sexy Candy Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-08-31, 00:28

Sexy Candy Panda wrote:Nsanejoker...you are my hero, I Love You...
...Isnt joker a guy? I think someone said that when recommending Joker for best member.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy Candy Panda 2011-08-31, 00:54

so? i Still love him (no homo)
Sexy Candy Panda
Sexy Candy Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-08-31, 01:01

Red_Chaos wrote:
Pox_Equestria wrote:I have heard no reason for marijuana to be outlawed, and I challenge someone to try and think of a reason

i'll give the same stance i give to cigarette smokers...I don't want to be near the stuff. go home and smoke it, i can't stand smoke in general gives me headaches makes me breath harder, i don't want to go into shock because somebody decided to light up in front of my face. Go light up at home so i can breath clean air.

SO..i guess what im saying is im all for banning any type of smoking in PUBLIC

Since Marijuana affects you mentaly, any legislation would have to stipulate you can only use it in a privite forum (i.e a house)
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-08-31, 01:25

nsanejokr wrote:Should be legalized, or at the bare minimum decriminalized.

Someone being sent to prison for smoking weed, or using any drug for that matter, is wrong. If we are giving prison time for drug use we are essentially saying it's as bad as murder, which sounds utterly silly. Prison time should only be used on individuals who have committed a grievous act against a human(s). Drug use in isn't such an act. While this topic is only about marijuana I figured it was worth considering all drugs in this instance.

Anyway, while we can make valid arguments on the total legality on other drugs, there are very limited reasons for marijuana to be illegal. For one thing there hasn't been an official case where marijuana was the cause of someone's death in a sense that you can't OD on marijuana. That's not to say there's no damaging as effects, since if you smoke it there will at least be some damage on the lungs like you would from inhaling any kind of smoke. Marijuana is also less addictive than other drugs, even alcohol.

Marijuana makes a good alternative to using opiates like vicodin, since opiates are easier to become addicted to and are more dangerous when abused. There are also studies that have looked into other medicinal applications for marijuana, such as being able to help manage vomiting. Even marijuana merely helping increase appetite is helpful if someone has a stomach condition.

There also some economical benefits for marijuana to be legalized, though it probably wouldn't get us out of the recession. For one there will be less money going towards apprehending and prosecuting marijuana users, growers, sellers, etc. Of course, that's not to say there won't be any money going towards policing the sale as it will need to be regulated like the sale of any other drug. Nevertheless, marijuana's legalization will lead to more jobs as people could open up dispensaries and farmers would have a profitable crop legal to grow.

You just had to beat me to the "cannot overdose" tidbit, did you not? Also, do not forget the Prohibition 18 = Gangs argument.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-08-31, 01:31

My stance is it should be legalized. Not because I want to smoke it, in fact I am fully against doing any type of drugs (medicinal or no), but based on the mere fact that putting tax on something that people kill for would do the county a service. If its legal it wouldn't have to be smuggled people wouldn't have to die there would be less guns on the street and teenagers wouldn't feel more inclined to do it because it's against the law. The only reason teens (in my eyes) do marijuana or skip class or what have you is because they are told not to. If it was legal the thrill wouldn't be there they would stay in school and not get caught up in stupid shit.

An alternative reason as to why it won't be legalized is because most Americans don't know how to enjoy things in portions. That's why we have to wait until we're 21 to drink while else where in the world are a loud to four five sometimes six years ahead of us. They have to be overindulgent as such it just won't happen.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Birthday : 1992-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-31, 01:32

Mature debate on Marijuana Demotivational-posters-legauana

But really, legal or not, just don't do drugs. And as much as I could enlighten you about this topic, this is not the appropriate place for that debate, so lets better leave it out of the forums.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum