Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Call Admin" button

+9
Shinigami14X
{EX} TheVoid
powwow
Ruf_Pup13
dest
ancientman7
Breaker
GRIMLOCK
Minako
13 posters

Go down

The "Call Admin" button Empty The "Call Admin" button

Post  Minako 2011-09-19, 13:47

I've thought this was needed for some time now but never had the energy or strength to get to it. However, I really want to explain something about what it's like to be an admin and some of the proper ways to approach us to get the fastest and best results. It's a bit long, however, reading this will make it easier for you to get the help you need.

Contents:

1. Calling an Admin

<div style="padding-left: 20px;">-1.1 Asking for ruling help
-1.2 Asking for duel cancellation
-1.3 Help with cheaters
-1.4 Reporting someone for insulting</div>

2. Busy Admins are busy

<div style="padding-left: 20px;">-2.1 Speaking to Admins
-2.2 Asking Admins for other things
-2.3 Admins and dueling
-2.4 Please be kind and patient
-2.5 Contacting multiple Admins at once</div>

3. Admins are Volunteers

<div style="padding-left: 20px;">-3.1 Not workhorses</div>

4. Reporting an Admin

<div style="padding-left: 20px;">-4.1 Whom to report to
-4.2 Falsifying reports</div>

1. Calling an Admin

1.1 Asking for ruling help

When asking for ruling help, I encourage you to just PM the question to an admin. There is no need to say "hello" or ask them if they are busy. Just state the question and wait for a response; they will answer you. It's better to do this instead of asking them to enter. If you happen to be wrong about the ruling, then you can just continue the duel. If they say that you are right, make sure to inform your opponent. Your opponent may accept that, but if not then request that the admin enter the duel. An admin can always answer a question. However, they can't always enter a duel.

1.2 Asking for duel cancellation

When you need a duel canceled it's just like asking for a ruling. There is no need to ask them if they are busy or to say "hello" before asking for help. Just say that you need your duel canceled and explain why. The mod will enter shortly and sort things out.

1.3 Help with cheaters

Please state that you have a cheater in your duel and ask for the admin to enter. You can go into detail in the duel chat, but please note that it is sometimes difficult to handle these situations. Anybody that is willing to cheat is probably ready to lie about it. Most of the time we can easily tell who is cheating, but sometimes it might not be possible to determine it. We will do our best to make the proper decision, but we can only take sides with proper evidence, so we might sometimes have to cancel the duel when it's impossible to tell what was truly happening. Of course, we'll know right away someone is cheating if they are holding 12 cards for no reason, or have a field filled with Synchros and no cards in their grave.

1.4 Reporting someone for insulting

If someone is insulting or harassing you, it's best if you provide a screenshot. If it's in a duel then we can enter, but most people are smart enough to stop insulting you when a mod is watching. If you are being insulted in PMs, then we won't be able to see it unless you send us a screenshot. Keep in mind that minor insulting will only result in a warning. Do not expect a ban to be handed out over a few words.

2. Busy Admins are busy

2.1 Speaking to Admins

Admins are often busy and can have trouble keeping up with PMs. For this reason, it can be aggravating to see many people saying "hi" instead of stating their problems. That is why I encourage you to simply state the issue you have. It's faster for you and easier on the admin. It might seem rude to just ask for help but it's actually very kind of you. It might also seem rude for to ask this of you, but trust me when I say that it is much easier for everyone. Also, write everything in one message instead of three or four separated ones. It bothers us to see (and hear) multiple PMs coming from one person when they could have put it all into one single message. We get that you're in a hurry, but we are few against many. Here are a few examples of standard PMs we get:

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

In the first and second images you see two examples of someone taking a while to get to the point. If I have 6 PMs and I see a "Hi", I'm going to say "hi" back and click onto the next PM, and when I get back to it and I see "are you a mod?" I'm going to respond then move on again. We don't have time to just sit still and talk. It might seem rude, but it's also rude to make others wait. That is why it's much better if you simply state what you need in one message.

2.2 Asking Admins for other things

Admins are far too busy to help you build a Deck, tell you how to use programs outside of DN, etc. Please do not ask us to help you make a "pro sam deck" or for suggestions with side decking and such. That is what the forum is for. Please make use of it.

2.3 Admins and dueling

Please do not ask us to duel, we seriously can't even attempt it. See spoiler below:

Spoiler:

2.4 Please be kind and patient

As I've said, Admins are very busy people. Sometimes we get bombarded with PMs and it can take us a long time to respond to you. We'll get to you when we can. Spamming us with PMs doesn't help; it's just mean. Just look and see how many admins are on. If there are very few admins, then you should expect responses to be slower than if there are many admins on.

2.5 Contacting multiple Admins at once

Don't contact multiple admins at once. Contacting multiple admins all at once can bind admins up and cause problems for other admins. Only contact another if the first doesn't respond in 1 minute. When you get someone to help you, inform the other ones that you asked to help.

3. Admins are volunteers

3.1 Not workhorses

Do not tell admins that they have to help you or that it is their job, unless you want no help at all. This is completely false. We are asked to help because we are willing to, and meet the qualifications to do it. We love to help, but do not throw it in our face that we "have" to help you. We do not get paid and don't even get rewarded for the work we do.

4. Reporting an Admin

4.1 Whom to report to

If you come across an admin that is overly abusive to you, or one that gives you an incorrect ruling AND refuses to listen to reason when you correct them, then you can report them to us. Screenshots are needed for that. However, if that is not possible then please just give as much information as you can. We may have a section to report admins later but for now please PM one of the following people, who will inform us in the Staff Section:

Badass_Bunny, Chief, Radiant Nexus, Goddess, Key, VantageSP, Miley Syrus +, TamA, The Detonator, (EX} TheVoid.

4.2 Falsifying reports

We will not tolerate false reporting. If you falsely report an admin or give us a modified image, expect to be punished for the caused troubles. DO NOT attempt it.

Last edited by Minako on 2011-10-03, 02:38; edited 1 time in total
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Birthday : 1993-10-22

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

The "Call Admin" button Empty The "Call Admin" button

Post  Minako 2011-10-03, 02:49

As most of you have noticed, the "A.S.S." button has been removed and replaced with the "Call Admin" button. The button is in the same spot that the "A.S.S." button was in before. Clicking on this button will open up 5 choices. These Choices are the reason you are requesting the Admin. These reasons are pretty self explanatory but let's go through them anyways.

Important: If you're at Rock, Paper, Scissors because your opponent is AFK, you are allowed to just quit the duel without losing ratings or the game. Because the game has yet started, calling an admin wouldn't help since we cannot cancel a game that hasn't started anyways.

Spoiler:

Ruling:
Select this option when you have a ruling conflict with your opponent. Only call an Admin if there is a conflict. DO NOT call an admin to ask if something will work before you do it. That is asking for help dueling ergo cheating. After calling an admin go ahead and start typing out the question so you can ask it as soon as the admin arrives. That would help us out a lot.

Cheating: Select this option when your opponent has broken the rules, refuses to admit defeat, or has rendered the game irreparable. Just like with ruling help, go ahead and begin writing what happened as soon as you call the admin.

AFK: (Away from Keyboard) This option is to be used if the opponent is unresponsive. As soon as the admin comes in, let the admin know you are the one who called him so he knows whom is afk.

Harassment: Only use this if your opponent is being repeatedly or especially abusive. It's wrong if they are harassing you at all but most will stop once an Admin enters. For this reason it will only be useful to call an Admin if you're sure they will remain abusive.

Glitch:
Obviously this is to be used if the game is glitched or bugged and only for that reason. You can't see your opponent's cards, for some reason you can't play. Of course you can call if it's your opponent that can't see or play either.

Important: If you end up resolving the situation yourself, please cancel the call. You can do so by clicking "Cancel Call." It'll replace the "Call Admin" button after being used.

Spoiler:

Lastly we ask that you don't pm admins after calling them using this button. An Admin will come asap. Sometimes you'll get an Admin right away, sometimes it may take a minute or too. This button makes things easier for us...but also harder. We are constantly getting calls and it can sometimes be quite hard to keep up. We ask that you bare with us. I've mentioned it a few times but be prepared to ask your question or state the problem right away. It is especially annoying for us to enter a duel to have nobody explain why we were called or to simply be chatted to.

The Detonator wrote:I encourage every member to take the following steps when solving an issue:

AFK: Wait a minute or two, seriously, don't just press the button after 10 seconds.

Ruling: Attempt to resolve between each other first using credible websites. If that doesn't solve the issue, PM a staff member on duty for an answer, DO NOT use the button. If a staff member doesn't respond: then use the button.

Harassment: Don't be oversensitive, noob is not harassment.

Also please please PLEASE cancel calls when an issue is solved, 3/10 times issues are solved before staff get there and leaving the call wastes our time and everybody elses.

If people stopped being stubborn and use the button in the first few seconds of a problem perhaps you wouldn't need staff to join your duel after all.

Key wrote:A bad word from your opponent (Unless very offensive) is not going to result in getting them banned or kicked, at most a warning.

If you're calling an admin for a ruling, do not argue the ruling the admin has given you unless you have proof

And no, "My friend(s) are a judge(s)" or "I've judged at YCS" these type of statements are redundant, saves it and save everyone's time.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to helping you as we always have.

Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Back to top Go down

The "Call Admin" button Empty Re: The "Call Admin" button

Post  GRIMLOCK 2011-10-03, 16:54

Glitch: Obviously this is to be used if the game is glitched or bugged and only for that reason. You can't see your opponent's cards, for some reason you can't play. Of course you can call if it's your opponent that can't see or play either.

Regarding this part,

I had friends who are about to win the game, then my opponent suddenly says the game glitched where he can't see the NEXT turn button or cards are missing ,and suddenly offers a draw,

Is it really possible for glitches like this to happen often? or is the player just making the glitch as an excuse? is there a way to know if it's really a glitch on the opponents side??

it seems some people are using now the glitch excuse to get a draw The "Call Admin" button 2585209286
GRIMLOCK
GRIMLOCK

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker 2011-10-03, 17:31

I only experienced this bug (probably from the opposite side as well)

The "Call Admin" button 96161692

You cannot click first/second, and the duel is not started for you, yet, you see your opponent viewing graveyard.
Breaker
Breaker

Birthday : 1995-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ancientman7 2011-10-03, 18:10

Breaker wrote:I only experienced this bug (probably from the opposite side as well)

The "Call Admin" button 96161692

You cannot click first/second, and the duel is not started for you, yet, you see your opponent viewing graveyard.
I know it happened to me a lot
ancientman7
ancientman7
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1992-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-10-03, 19:09

GRIMLOCK wrote:Glitch: Obviously this is to be used if the game is glitched or bugged and only for that reason. You can't see your opponent's cards, for some reason you can't play. Of course you can call if it's your opponent that can't see or play either.

Regarding this part,

I had friends who are about to win the game, then my opponent suddenly says the game glitched where he can't see the NEXT turn button or cards are missing ,and suddenly offers a draw,

Is it really possible for glitches like this to happen often? or is the player just making the glitch as an excuse? is there a way to know if it's really a glitch on the opponents side??

it seems some people are using now the glitch excuse to get a draw The "Call Admin" button 2585209286
well, in such situations i highly suggest to have a screenshot of that player. Sometimes its right, sometimes its just wrong...
if they refuse to provide screenshots (or come with something like "my windows has no paint" like one wanted to make beliefe me in order to not have to make a screen) then something is most likely not right with them...
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-10-04, 01:22

If a glitch happens mid game we'd require a screenshot from the glitched player to cancel the duel or a mutual agreement from both players to do so. I've only seen glitches happen early game.
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruf_Pup13 2011-10-04, 01:45

You always Post up the good Forums...Your so good at this...

And My opinion on that button. Its Amazing when things are running smoothly..but when it gets backed up...Stuff goes down.
Ruf_Pup13
Ruf_Pup13

Birthday : 1993-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  powwow 2011-10-04, 03:24

finnaly they got rid of that damn button woo hoo !!!!!
powwow
powwow

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-04, 05:55

No more ASS abuse reports? HALELUYAH!
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami14X 2011-10-04, 06:43

Well i suppose its a good thing that they got rid of the ASS button, but i do wish there are more mods online... sometimes u have to wait ages for a mod to come.. im not finding fault with the mods or anything... i think they are doing a wonderful job, but i wish there were more mods online at any given time..
Shinigami14X
Shinigami14X

Birthday : 1992-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-10-04, 09:34

GRIMLOCK wrote:Glitch: Obviously this is to be used if the game is glitched or bugged and only for that reason. You can't see your opponent's cards, for some reason you can't play. Of course you can call if it's your opponent that can't see or play either.

Regarding this part,

it seems some people are using now the glitch excuse to get a draw :shot:

That's why screenshot proof solves so many things :).
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye 2011-10-04, 12:40

Mina Wrote
Harassment: Only use this if your opponent is being repeatedly or especially abusive. It's wrong if they are harassing you at all but most will stop once an Admin enters. For this reason it will only be useful to call an Admin if you're sure they will remain abusive.

Is cussing someone out part of the harassment and will it be consider abusive cuz i get that alot
Raye
Raye

Birthday : 1993-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-10-04, 14:56

Raye wrote:
Mina Wrote

Is cussing someone out part of the harassment and will it be consider abusive cuz i get that alot

Cussing is harassment but unless we have proof of it then we can't do anything about it. Like I said, most people aren't stupid enough to cuss you in front of an Admin. So if they cuss you once or twice then try to let it slide. I've been insulted a few times while dueling but I just let it go. Immature brats will always behave like that. If the person is being abusive then call us. If someone cusses once or is upset because they're losing then try to ignore it if you can. There is a very fine line between abusing and raging so this is a sensitive subject.

More or less try to put up with it. If it isn't bothering you then don't call an Admin just because it's wrong. However if the person is upsetting you then please inform them to stop, if they continue then feel free to call us right away.
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojos091 2011-10-04, 16:07

Hi,

I appreciate the new button "Call an admin", but I have already a suggestion about that button.

Is it possible that both of the players can dialog with an admin when he is called ?

For exemple, in one of my last duel, my opponent call an admin because we did not agree about a ruling (can you draw cards the first time you activate an "appropriate card" ?). I think my opponent did not explain clearly the situation, so the admin said my opponent could draw cards. However, I still continued the duel and lost, maybe because of that two cards.

That's why it would be pertinant that both of the duelists could talk with the admin. I knew this fonction is recent and can still be improve by programmers.

Thank you to consider my suggestion.

PS : Sorry fot the posible mistake I could make. English is not my mother tongue.

Jojos091

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-10-04, 16:32

Either player can talk to the Admin. Just because your opponent is the one that made the call does not mean you aren't allowed to speak. Next time inform the Admin of the full situation.
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-06, 00:55

Moved and stick'd in the DN questions
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-09, 22:27

Edited this in
Important: If you're at Rock, Paper, Scissors because your opponent is AFK, you are allowed to just quit the duel without losing ratings or the game. Because the game has yet started, calling an admin wouldn't help since we cannot cancel a game that hasn't started anyways.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-21, 19:19

Added 2 quotes
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→