Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this card a counterfeit?

5 posters

Go down

Is this card a counterfeit? Empty Is this card a counterfeit?

Post  esperstrong 2011-10-19, 12:31

I ordered a holo card lot on amazon (which by the way I don't recommend. What the hell am I going to do with 7 Berserker Crushes and 5 AOJ Clausolas???)and one of the cards I got was an Ultimate Rare Option Hunter.
An oddity I noticed was that although the Trap Icon was embossed as it should be, the picture looked like that of an Ultra Rare card. (No emboss)
I thought at first that english Ultimate Rares don't have the picture emboss, but I remembered that the Ultimate Rare Chain Burst I had back home had an embossed picture.
Is the Option Hunter fake? Everything else seems to check out but I've heard of Upperdeck's stupid attempt to counterfeit their own cards, so I'm worried.

esperstrong

Back to top Go down

Is this card a counterfeit? Empty Re: Is this card a counterfeit?

Post  tcgmaster 2011-10-19, 18:25

esperstrong wrote:I ordered a holo card lot on amazon (which by the way I don't recommend. What the hell am I going to do with 7 Berserker Crushes and 5 AOJ Clausolas???)and one of the cards I got was an Ultimate Rare Option Hunter.
An oddity I noticed was that although the Trap Icon was embossed as it should be, the picture looked like that of an Ultra Rare card. (No emboss)
I thought at first that english Ultimate Rares don't have the picture emboss, but I remembered that the Ultimate Rare Chain Burst I had back home had an embossed picture.
Is the Option Hunter fake? Everything else seems to check out but I've heard of Upperdeck's stupid attempt to counterfeit their own cards, so I'm worried.

That card SHOULD have an embossed picture so im leaning towards it being a counterfeit bro. Sorry. But it could be a card that didn't get the finish but i highly doubt that. im saying should and leaning towards the counterfeit side.
tcgmaster
tcgmaster

http://hellsrejectsheavensoutcast.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-19, 18:26

Can you provide us a picture?
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-10-19, 18:28

Option hunter was not made in ultra rare, so if it has the gold name, but isn't hollowed out, then it is a fake
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-10-19, 20:52

That option hunter is real

you can tell it is ultimate rare because the trap symbol is shinny as well as the added foil around the sides

does it have a password at the bottom, and a thing that says "1996 kazuki takahasi" or something like that
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-19, 20:54

Yeah, it looks legit to me.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  tcgmaster 2011-10-19, 23:14

Thats the best looking fake card in the world if it is. Easily real, and definitely tournament legal.
tcgmaster
tcgmaster

http://hellsrejectsheavensoutcast.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-19, 23:17

Actually, I would say it is real merely because of how good it looks. Look, if someone could counterfeit cards that well, they would be making Warnings and Tour Guides, not Option Hunters.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down