Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Eid al-Adha

4 posters

Go down

Happy Eid al-Adha  Empty Happy Eid al-Adha

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-11-06, 03:44

Or as we say it here Bayram Şerif Mubarek Olsun

For all of you who don't know what Eid al-Adha is: It's one of the two biggest Muslim Holidays and is a special time of the year for every Muslim out there so.

Happy Eid al-Adha to all the Muslims, may you spend it in joy and happiness with your closest and beloved ones.

For those interested here are some stuff from Wikipedia explaining it better.

Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى‎ ‘Īd al-’Aḍḥá, IPA: [ʕiːd al ʔadˁˈħaː], "feast of sacrifice") or "Festival of Sacrifice" or "Greater Eid" is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to commemorate the willingness of Abraham (Ibrahim) to sacrifice his son Ishmael (Isma'il) as an act of obedience to God, before God intervened to provide him with a cow— to sacrifice instead.
Eid al-Adha is the latter of two Eid festivals celebrated by Muslims, whose basis comes from Sura 2 (Al-Baqara) Ayah 196 in the Qur'an. Like Eid ul-Fitr, Eid al-Adha begins with a Wajib prayer of two Raka'ah (units) followed by a sermon (khuṭbah).
The word "Eid" appears in Sura al-Mai'da ("The Table Spread," Chapter 5) of the Qur'an, meaning 'solemn festival'.
Eid al-Adha is celebrated annually on the 10th day of the 12th and the last Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah (ذو الحجة) of the lunar Islamic calendar. Eid al-Adha celebrations start after the Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia by Muslims worldwide, descend from Mount Arafat. The date is approximately 70 days (2 Months & 10 days) after the end of the month of Ramadan, i.e. Eid-ul-Fitr. Ritual observance of the holiday lasts until sunset of the 13th day of Dhu al-Hijjah.[

Men, women, and children are expected to dress in their finest clothing to perform Eid prayer (ṣalātu l-`Īdi) in a large congregation is an open waqf field called Eidgah or mosque. Those Muslims who can afford, i.e Malik-e-Nisaab; sacrifice their best domestic animals (usually a cow, but can also be a camel, goat, sheep or ram depending on the region) as a symbol of Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his only son. The sacrificed animals, called Uḍhiyyah (Arabic: أضحية‎, also known by its Persian term, "al-Qurbāni"), have to meet certain age and quality standards or else the animal is considered an unacceptable sacrifice. This tradition accounts for more than 100 million slaughtering of animals in only 2 days of Eid. In Pakistan alone nearly 10 million animals are slaughtered on Eid days costing over US$ 3 billion.
The meat from the sacrificed animal is divided into three parts. The family retains one third of the share; another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbors; and the other third is given to the poor and needy. The regular charitable practices of the Muslim community are demonstrated during Eid al-Adha by concerted efforts to see that no impoverished person is left without an opportunity to partake in the sacrificial meal during these days.
During Eid al-Adha, distributing meat amongst the people, chanting the Takbir out loud before the Eid prayer on the first day and after prayers throughout the three days of Eid, are considered essential parts of this important Islamic festival. In some countries, families that do not own livestock can make a contribution to a charity that will provide meat to those who are in need.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Happy Eid al-Adha  Empty Re: Happy Eid al-Adha

Post  Abdo_Tarek 2011-11-06, 13:59

Wow, I'm shocked to see this, still I'm happy,

Eid mubarak
Abdo_Tarek
Abdo_Tarek

Back to top Go down

Post  You Mad Bro? 2011-11-27, 12:37

Wow my first time actually seeing someone post about this.
Eid Mubarak! (Although it is very late)
May Allah (SWT) bless you and you go to heaven.
Smile
You Mad Bro?
You Mad Bro?

Back to top Go down

Post  whitelightning31 2011-12-02, 03:15

we celebrate eid here....will i dont but i know people who do......and i really like eid because they give us lots of food until i cant move. eid rules!
whitelightning31
whitelightning31

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Whitelightning31/1114507856028

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down