Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shi En + Shien lock question

+7
XVI
Lsai
BlackwingRa
zerods
Miror B.
dest
Abdo_Tarek
11 posters

Go down

Solved Shi En + Shien lock question

Post  Abdo_Tarek 2011-11-17, 14:13

I control both Shi En and Great Shogun Shien. I attack with Shi En,

he activates D-prison, I negate with Shi En, I attack with Shien and he activates Damage Gate, I say he can't but he says since I negated D-prison it was never activated so he gets to activate one more card.

Is this true? It makes since, but I feel it's like saying I can normal summon once more after my opponent negates my first summon with Warning.
Abdo_Tarek
Abdo_Tarek

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Shi En + Shien lock question

Post  dest 2011-11-17, 14:18

do not compare this with summons...
he is right, once you've negated the first he can activate another s/t
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-11-17, 15:46

You get 1 ATTEMPT to Normal Summon a monster. If that Summon is negated, you still attempted and you don't get another one.

With Shien and Shi En, Shien says you can only ACTIVATE 1 spell, and Shi End negates the activation, meaning it's like you never activated it.

With Spore and Glow up having their effects changed to "You can only activate the effect of [monster] once per duel", they would probably work the same way.

tl;dr: Shien + Shi En is not a lock
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  zerods 2011-11-17, 16:03

i think the same at first but then i discover the truth lol
shien can no longer make a lock being only one at the time on the field, great shogun can help to a lock to negate cards but still this is no the lock we used to se(3 shi en on the field)
zerods
zerods

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-17, 20:05

Great Shogun Shien's rulings clearly state that no lock can be made if you negate the activation of a S/T. And Shogun was released before Shi En.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Lsai 2011-11-17, 20:25

yeah he can cause the other card didnt activate (it was negated)
Lsai
Lsai

Back to top Go down

Post  XVI 2011-11-18, 00:09

This is comparable to Pot of Duality vs. Negated special summon. Say I perform a synchro summon, but my opponent negates the summon with Solemn Warning. Sure, I attempted to S/S, but because the S/S was negated, I never successfully S/S'ed. I can then Pot of Duality becuase I did not S/S.

Regarding the poster referencing a Normal Summon, *yes* if the normal summon is negated, you do not get to normal summon again, but that is becuase the rules of the game are that you can only perform the act of normal summoning once per turn.

Great Shogun Shien says, can only activate once per turn. However, becuase Shi En negates the activation, your opponent attempted to activate, but ultimately did not activate becuause the activation was negated, this is a run-on sentence lol.

tl;dr, read last paragraph.

XVI

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-18, 00:20

1st example is wrong.
If you attempted to SS an inherent SS, and it was negated, you still cannot use Pot of Duality after that.
If you activate a card that can SS, and the activation was negated, you can use Pot of Duality after that.
If you activate a card that can SS, and only the effect of that card was negated, you cannot use Pot of Duality after that.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  viperver1 2011-11-18, 07:01

The truth is, Great Shogun Shien and Shi En is not an actual lock in itself. Negation of an card is known as an unsuccessful activation/summon. So in conclusion, D-Chain was negated by Shi En so he would be allowed to activate Damage Gate.

BTW, Warning is not an card to compare these 2 cards completely since no one can do any more than 1 normal summon per turn except by an card effect that allows any additional summons in the same turn.
viperver1
viperver1

Birthday : 1984-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-11-25, 08:24

Question about great shogun.....

I already have active field, skyscrapper 2,.... and using (activate?) the effect to special summon dead heroes killed by battle from previous turn

So... can I activate Skyscrapper 1 to replace Skyscrapper 2 after I use the effect ?

I believe I can as the asnwer...
(but just to makes sure, you know... six fags users, they never doing wrong play/rulings at all ragarding their decks.)
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-11-25, 08:30

Wikia: "The second effect of this card only restricts the activation of new cards. It does not restrict the number of times that the effects of face-up Continuous Spell and Trap Cards can be used."
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-11-25, 09:23

yea, but I am going to activate new cards, after I use the continus spell card (field).
(Let say I activated Chain material already, so I can use limitless Fusion Gate that already faceup pn field...)

BUT...

Does this already count as using one spell/trap ? As I want to replace fusion gate with Skyscraper 1 as I already using / activate the field effect
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-11-25, 09:46

Shien only cares about activation of Spell Card, it has nothing to do with activation of Spell's effect.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down