Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Mario 3D Land apparently supports animal abuse?

+7
3E-hero neos
Adept VantageSP
{EX} TheVoid
Red_Chaos
S.S.A.
DefiniteOtaku
Rose Dragon
11 posters

Go down

Super Mario 3D Land apparently supports animal abuse? Empty Super Mario 3D Land apparently supports animal abuse?

Post  Rose Dragon 2011-11-18, 21:35

The new game Super Mario 3D Land came out, and in the game you get to use a power up called Tanooki suit, mario wears a Tanooki to be able to fly I believe, but instead f seeing it like a happy game Peta has come to the conclusion that the game supports animal abuse

"By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it’s OK to wear fur.”
Someone from PETA~

so as a come back to making this game and apparently it's saying to kids to go out and skin a coon and you'll be able to fly, PETA decided to make their point by making a Mario platformer them selves, where you play as a skinned Tanooki trying to chase Mario who is flying and holding a blood dripping Tanooki skin,
the game art work is horrifying blood covered and just plain scary,

So PETA complained that, that's what the mario game is suppose to be like and is bad for children when in reality I don't think any child nor adult would play this game then go out and skin an animal, so by trying to make that point they create a game like their bitching about?

I actually found the game kinda addictive I wanted to win it was fun but still scary,

here's the article of the story
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/peta-calls-super-mario-campaign-tongue-cheek-181225263.html

Heres the link of the game
WARNING: for sensitive people I don't recommend going, on the same page they also have a video of actual animals getting skinned alive to try to get the point across, but most animal activists try to find the worst case scenario,
not that I don't think it's wrong the video deeply horrified me, so please continue with cation
http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

So I wanna hear your opinions DN

I personally think it was a fail on PETA'S part, they complained that mario was a video game that is supporting killing and skinning tanookis, but it isn't yet they go and make a horrible video game about that to get their point across =/

P.S I didn't put this in the game section since I'm not technically talking about the game >.>
Rose Dragon
Rose Dragon

Birthday : 1992-09-07

Back to top Go down

Super Mario 3D Land apparently supports animal abuse? Empty Re: Super Mario 3D Land apparently supports animal abuse?

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2011-11-18, 23:59

I need a few seconds to fully absorb and enjoy the pure irony of this.
Ok, onto the point. PETA has always been a joke, and for once, I think they may have developed a kind of twisted humor to create a flash mini-game just to protest it.
I'd just like to point out though, they want people to be horrified, but in my mind, there just pouring fuel onto the fire of potential psychopaths with images like those skinning, as animal abuse is what starts off most serial killers.
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Super Mario 3D Land apparently supports animal abuse? Empty Re: Super Mario 3D Land apparently supports animal abuse?

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-19, 00:01

marios had the takooni skin forever...lol
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-11-19, 00:18

uh.. yeah we have people starving all over the world and this group wants use to stop playing Mario -_-

you can't fix stupid and this is a prime example
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-11-19, 00:30

PETA is retarded.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Dragon 2011-11-19, 00:32

TheVoid wrote:PETA is retarded.

I would rep this but I can't anymore today V_V
Rose Dragon
Rose Dragon

Birthday : 1992-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-11-19, 00:34

Fallen Angel Of Roses wrote:
TheVoid wrote:PETA is retarded.

I would rep this but I can't anymore today V_V

and this is why i repped if for you Very Happy
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-11-19, 00:43

Stupid Void... stealing my answer... PETA needs to learn to shut it pretenious mouth IMO. In a city near me they had skantly clad women handing out tickets to people wearing animal fur. I facepalmed.

Lesson in life, not everyone shares your beliefs, don't be a d-bag and ruin things for evreryone else because of your beliefs.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-11-19, 12:27

Yea right, and pokemon makes us fight animal to animal?

PETA is retarded indeed.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-11-20, 02:16

Can I just say this is just plain stupid as well? People just want to have something to fight about even when they don't have a good reason behind it. No wonder society is blind.

Not saying this to any individual but just people in general as a whole.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-11-20, 02:24

I'll just say that I'm actually sympathetic to some of the initial ideas on which PETA is built. I may not follow the lifestyle they promote, but I certainly am against destroying the lives of other animals when it's not for the sake of maintaining life and instead when it's purely for some frivolous luxury. PETA, however, expresses their ideas in such extreme manner that any point being expressed is convoluted to the extent of being meaningless.

Of course, I understand that this is merely to gain attention, which they are surely getting, but at the same time the initial message is entirely distorted. I imagine the idea that they want to get across is "Other animals' furs aren't meant to be worn by humans" as the message you get for catching Mario is something along those lines. Instead, that is only seen if someone has the patience to finish the game, which if they don't then the player will likely understand this as a game of some incredibly weird revenge.

The issue gets worse as there are legitimate animal issues that should be discussed, but PETA is normally hailed as the poster-child for these ideas. So, instead of issues being solved, we're stuck with them buried under meaningless garbage created by PETA where they are likely never to be solved through the public discourse.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  You Mad Bro? 2011-11-27, 12:39

sorry extra post on accident

Last edited by You Mad Bro? on 2011-11-27, 12:43; edited 1 time in total
You Mad Bro?
You Mad Bro?

Back to top Go down

Post  You Mad Bro? 2011-11-27, 12:41

Fallen Angel Of Roses wrote:The new game Super Mario 3D Land came out, and in the game you get to use a power up called Tanooki suit, mario wears a Tanooki to be able to fly I believe, but instead f seeing it like a happy game Peta has come to the conclusion that the game supports animal abuse

"By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it’s OK to wear fur.”
Someone from PETA~

so as a come back to making this game and apparently it's saying to kids to go out and skin a coon and you'll be able to fly, PETA decided to make their point by making a Mario platformer them selves, where you play as a skinned Tanooki trying to chase Mario who is flying and holding a blood dripping Tanooki skin,
the game art work is horrifying blood covered and just plain scary,

So PETA complained that, that's what the mario game is suppose to be like and is bad for children when in reality I don't think any child nor adult would play this game then go out and skin an animal, so by trying to make that point they create a game like their bitching about?

I actually found the game kinda addictive I wanted to win it was fun but still scary,

here's the article of the story
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/peta-calls-super-mario-campaign-tongue-cheek-181225263.html

Heres the link of the game
WARNING: for sensitive people I don't recommend going, on the same page they also have a video of actual animals getting skinned alive to try to get the point across, but most animal activists try to find the worst case scenario,
not that I don't think it's wrong the video deeply horrified me, so please continue with cation
http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

So I wanna hear your opinions DN

I personally think it was a fail on PETA'S part, they complained that mario was a video game that is supporting killing and skinning tanookis, but it isn't yet they go and make a horrible video game about that to get their point across =/

P.S I didn't put this in the game section since I'm not technically talking about the game >.>

Isn't Tanooki the Japanese word for raccoon?

Super Mario 3D Land apparently supports animal abuse? Ulquiorra_release_Form_by_MJ_Kris
You Mad Bro?
You Mad Bro?

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Vegeta 2011-11-27, 14:02

this is all stupid and meaningless
Prince Vegeta
Prince Vegeta

Birthday : 1995-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down