Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exodius + Imperial Iron Wall

+4
3E-hero neos
storyteller
LuzCeleste
Eliwood
8 posters

Go down

Solved Exodius + Imperial Iron Wall

Post  Eliwood 2011-12-09, 12:55

Exodius effect makes it so that when it leaves the field IN ANY WAY it is removed from play.

Imperial Iron wall negates this so I'm assuming that it is just sent to the grave when it's removed from the field (back to hand, deck, etc.)

Or am I wrong and it can never leave the field unless IIW is destroyed?
Eliwood
Eliwood

Birthday : 1992-01-13

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Exodius + Imperial Iron Wall

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 13:02

If it would be destroyed it would go to the grave since it can't be removed from play... Not sure how the to hand one resolves, but if you use it for an Xyz then detach it, it also goes to grave...
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-12-09, 13:03

It will go wherever it's supposed to go, I think.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-12-09, 13:05

With IIW active it'll go to it's destined destination. Just like with Fader and Birdman.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 13:13

Actually according to the rulings on a similar card, hyper synchron ... It would state that since exodius' effect is that it has to go to the Rfp, it would create a sort of limbo... Where exodus would just be unable to leave the field regardless... Until imperial iron wall is destroyed...
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  Eliwood 2011-12-09, 13:16

+1 more Exodius OTK Loop.
Ty
edit: Luz, y so killjoy? But I guess an invincible Exodius wouldn't be too bad.
Eliwood
Eliwood

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-12-09, 13:33

LuzCeleste wrote:Actually according to the rulings on a similar card, hyper synchron ... It would state that since exodius' effect is that it has to go to the Rfp, it would create a sort of limbo... Where exodus would just be unable to leave the field regardless... Until imperial iron wall is destroyed...

that rule is fake

this is the real one

If "Imperial Iron Wall" is active during the End Phase, a Synchro Summon Summoned by "Hyper Synchron" will not be banished. However, if "Imperial Iron Wall" leaves the field during a later turn, the Synchro Monster will be banished during the End Phase of that turn.[6]

raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 13:39

Yeah that's the one I read... Doesn't that mean that the monster can't leave the field until Iiw is removed from the field? That would apply to exodius as well right? Or does it mean that it goes where it's supposed to go and then at any point later when iiw is removed it's removed from play regardless of where exodius Is at the time?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyZekrom 2011-12-09, 13:45

I think...IIW makes Exodius invincible...dear science, WHY!!??pale
GreyZekrom
GreyZekrom

Birthday : 1997-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-12-09, 13:58

LuzCeleste wrote:Yeah that's the one I read... Doesn't that mean that the monster can't leave the field until Iiw is removed from the field? That would apply to exodius as well right? Or does it mean that it goes where it's supposed to go and then at any point later when iiw is removed it's removed from play regardless of where exodius Is at the time?

it just means hyper synchron effect will banish it during the first end phase after the iron wall was destroyed
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyZekrom 2011-12-09, 14:05

raidou wrote:
LuzCeleste wrote:Yeah that's the one I read... Doesn't that mean that the monster can't leave the field until Iiw is removed from the field? That would apply to exodius as well right? Or does it mean that it goes where it's supposed to go and then at any point later when iiw is removed it's removed from play regardless of where exodius Is at the time?

it just means hyper synchron effect will banish it during the first end phase after the iron wall was destroyed

so...Exodius'll be banned...after IIW is destroyed and he's removed from the field again?
GreyZekrom
GreyZekrom

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 14:09

So basically hyper synchron's effect removes at end phase so it wouldn't be removed until iiw was destroyed... Soo translate that into exodius' when he leaves the field he is removed from play, but since he can't be removed from play due to iiw, his effect is mandatory so it cant resolve and thus can't leave the field, right?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-12-09, 14:33

hyper synchron effect will try to banist the synchro each end phase

for exodius checkt he rulings we have for plague birdman or quillbolt
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyZekrom 2011-12-09, 15:05

LuzCeleste wrote:So basically hyper synchron's effect removes at end phase so it wouldn't be removed until iiw was destroyed... Soo translate that into exodius' when he leaves the field he is removed from play, but since he can't be removed from play due to iiw, his effect is mandatory so it cant resolve and thus can't leave the field, right?

Yeah, so in order to destroy Exodius you must destroy first IIW and then remove Exodius from teh field...what a chestache, now I wanna kill teh OP Exodius + Imperial Iron Wall 2585209286 why did you curse yugioh with dis? Dx
GreyZekrom
GreyZekrom

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-12-09, 15:13

k seems you didnt check rulinngs for quillbolt plague or birdman did you?
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-12-09, 15:17

GreyZekrom wrote:
LuzCeleste wrote:So basically hyper synchron's effect removes at end phase so it wouldn't be removed until iiw was destroyed... Soo translate that into exodius' when he leaves the field he is removed from play, but since he can't be removed from play due to iiw, his effect is mandatory so it cant resolve and thus can't leave the field, right?

Yeah, so in order to destroy Exodius you must destroy first IIW and then remove Exodius from teh field...what a chestache, now I wanna kill teh OP Exodius + Imperial Iron Wall 2585209286 why did you curse yugioh with dis? Dx

literally the dumbest thing ive read in awhile...hyper synchrons effect removes itself, because htere is no rfp because of iiw it doesnt go anywhere, exodius will ALREADY be removed from the field, because he cant banish himself he'll just go whereever it was he would be going without that effect, exactly the same as quillbolt and psz
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyZekrom 2011-12-09, 15:21

S.S. Anaconda wrote:
GreyZekrom wrote:

literally the dumbest thing ive read in awhile...hyper synchrons effect removes itself, because htere is no rfp because of iiw it doesnt go anywhere, exodius will ALREADY be removed from the field, because he cant banish himself he'll just go whereever it was he would be going without that effect, exactly the same as quillbolt and psz

so, Exodius doesnt trun himself invencible? I'm not pretty sure 'bout this.
GreyZekrom
GreyZekrom

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 15:32

Nope, he's not invincible, I thought he couldn't go anywhere because oh how the wording was, but he'll just go wherever he's supposed to. If it's just like Quillbolt then it just goes where ever it would go normally, that's how the iron quillbolt loop works.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyZekrom 2011-12-09, 15:48

LuzCeleste wrote:Nope, he's not invincible, I thought he couldn't go anywhere because oh how the wording was, but he'll just go wherever he's supposed to. If it's just like Quillbolt then it just goes where ever it would go normally, that's how the iron quillbolt loop works.

Well, now, DAT makes sense, Exodius go to banish zone and everyones happy
GreyZekrom
GreyZekrom

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-12-09, 16:00

no...he doesnt go to the banish zone...if hes destroyed he goes to the grave, rather than banish because of iiw, if he gets brioed or something he goes to the hand, he just goes whereever he would go anyway the effect that banishes him does not apply
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 16:09

He goes where he'd need To go, not the banish... Iiw stops it from going to the banish, if he's destroyed, he's going to the grave, If he's returned to hand he returns to hand. Quillbolt loops work like that cause he goes to grave, can't be removed from play so if he keeps going to the grave and as long as you have a tuner you can continue to bring him back... Iron bolt loop ._. I though he wouldn't leave the field because of something I read long ago about this, but it was probably just wrong.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  Eliwood 2011-12-09, 16:32

Well, as long as its sent to the grave, the Exodius loop is fine.
Eliwood
Eliwood

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 16:35

There is like a million and a half things to do with exodius... I use his loop in my healing deck and with reborn tengu to crate an infinitely reviving tengu.... But honestly exodius' best use is just gustaph ._.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-12-09, 17:55

The difference between Exodius and Hyper Synchron is that the former banishes the monster *instead* of something, and thus has a destination in mind other than the banished zone, while the latter merely banishes, without an alternate destination to speak of.

Besides, IIW will not make Hyper Synchron-summoned monster invincible, either, so where'd you get the idea?

400 posts! And where'd that 3rd rep point come from?
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-12-09, 18:22

LISTEN!

Exodius will NOT be able to Banish itself! Exodius will NOT be immortal. Exodius WILL go to the destined destination, like Grave, Hand, Deck, depending on the card used.

God, this thread is dumb..
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 18:34

3E-hero neos wrote:LISTEN!

Exodius will NOT be able to Banish itself! Exodius will NOT be immortal. Exodius WILL go to the destined destination, like Grave, Hand, Deck, depending on the card used.

pretty sure everyone understood before you posted.... The misunderstanding was mostly my fault anyway...
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyZekrom 2011-12-09, 18:36

LuzCeleste wrote:He goes where he'd need To go, not the banish... Iiw stops it from going to the banish, if he's destroyed, he's going to the grave, If he's returned to hand he returns to hand. Quillbolt loops work like that cause he goes to grave, can't be removed from play so if he keeps going to the grave and as long as you have a tuner you can continue to bring him back... Iron bolt loop ._. I though he wouldn't leave the field because of something I read long ago about this, but it was probably just wrong.

After dis topic, I was thinking dat Neutral why I started thinking the other thing!?
GreyZekrom
GreyZekrom

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyZekrom 2011-12-09, 18:39

3E-hero neos wrote:LISTEN!

Thanks for pointing it after everyone else did it, well, dis resolve dis thread, right?
GreyZekrom
GreyZekrom

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-09, 18:49

GreyZekrom wrote:
LuzCeleste wrote:He goes where he'd need To go, not the banish... Iiw stops it from going to the banish, if he's destroyed, he's going to the grave, If he's returned to hand he returns to hand. Quillbolt loops work like that cause he goes to grave, can't be removed from play so if he keeps going to the grave and as long as you have a tuner you can continue to bring him back... Iron bolt loop ._. I though he wouldn't leave the field because of something I read long ago about this, but it was probably just wrong.

After dis topic, I was thinking dat Neutral why I started thinking the other thing!?
it was my fault...
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-12-09, 20:58

storyteller wrote:It will go wherever it's supposed to go, I think.
This. While Iron Wall face-up on the field, Exodius, Birdman, Fader's effect that banish themselves WON'T apply. End of story.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down