Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junk Collector

4 posters

Go down

Solved Junk Collector

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-10, 00:09

Junk collector...

During either player's turn, you can remove from play this face-up card you control and 1 Normal Trap Card from your Graveyard to activate the effect of the removed Trap Card as this card's effect

So this card...

I have a couple questions....

1. since this card activates the effect f the trap card in the grave, it doesn't need to pay the cost right? since it's only activating the effect and not the cost.

2. What are the restrictions on it, if a card like say... big burn ... that says

"You can only activate this card when your opponent activates a card that targets a monster in the Graveyard. Remove from play all monsters in both players' Graveyards."

Would I be able to activate the effect even if the conditions are not met?

3. if my opponent attacks my junk collector and I have Mirror force in my grave, can I activate Junk Collector's effect to activate Mirror force in my grave and destroy all my opponent's attack position monsters?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Junk Collector

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-10, 00:14

For question 1 and 2: Cards like Junk Collector and Diamond Dude will ignore the cost and condition on the card, so you don't have to meet the condition or pay cost.
For question 3: Yes you can.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-10, 00:16

So in other words this card is god?

if at any point I feel like just ending the duel and I have self-destruct button on my grave, I can just activate his effect and kill both me and my opponent right there and then just for giggles?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-10, 00:17

LuzCeleste wrote:So in other words this card is god?

if at any point I feel like just ending the duel and I have self-destruct button on my grave, I can just activate his effect and kill both me and my opponent right there and then just for giggles?
Yes you can do this too.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-10, 00:30

0_0

soooo... could I activate Judgment of the pharoh... without paying half my life points... and without having Unity or Yu-jo in the grave? 0_0

Pay half your Life Points. Select and activate an appropriate effect which can be applied:
● If "Yu-Jo Friendship" is in your Graveyard, until the end of this turn: your opponent cannot Normal Summon, Set, Flip Summon, or Special Summon a monster(s), or activate an Effect Monster's effect, and their monster's effects are negated.
● If "Unity" is in your Graveyard, until the end of this turn: negate the effects of all Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field, and your opponent cannot activate or Set Spell or Trap Cards.

Cause if so...
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  Eliwood 2011-12-10, 01:44

LuzCeleste wrote:0_0

soooo... could I activate Judgment of the pharoh... without paying half my life points... and without having Unity or Yu-jo in the grave? 0_0

Pay half your Life Points. Select and activate an appropriate effect which can be applied:
● If "Yu-Jo Friendship" is in your Graveyard, until the end of this turn: your opponent cannot Normal Summon, Set, Flip Summon, or Special Summon a monster(s), or activate an Effect Monster's effect, and their monster's effects are negated.
● If "Unity" is in your Graveyard, until the end of this turn: negate the effects of all Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field, and your opponent cannot activate or Set Spell or Trap Cards.

Cause if so...

That would be an activation requirement, not a cost.

Anyway, it's not that godly, most of the overpowered important trap cards are counters.
Eliwood
Eliwood

Birthday : 1992-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-10, 03:16

I said above, Junk Collector will ignore the condition for activation or activation requirement (here is to have Unity and Yu-Jo Friendship in grave) and cost. A good related card is Trap of Darkness.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Neonian 2011-12-10, 05:11

^No, that is not the case.
Junk collector will not ignore timing or activation requirements. It will however circumvent the cost.
Neonian
Neonian

Birthday : 1992-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-10, 05:14

What do you mean?
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Neonian 2011-12-10, 05:26

You will still only be able to activate the chosen trap at the correct time (such as torrential tribute when a monster is summoned), but you do not have to pay costs for it.
Neonian
Neonian

Birthday : 1992-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-10, 05:28

That's a little disappointed for Junk Collector. OCG rulings for it make it not as good as Diamond Dude.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down