Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stardust Assault Mode and Stardust differences

+4
Badass_Bunny
Miror B.
Barricade
dizelpl
8 posters

Go down

Solved Stardust Assault Mode and Stardust differences

Post  dizelpl 2011-12-10, 14:20

Hi there. I played today with Yano88 and we had a problem whith Stardust Dragon Assault. So...
This is situation on the field:

I have Future Vision and Yano has Stardust Assault. Yano summoned a monster and Future Fusion's effect was activated. Then, Yano negated this with Stardust Assault. And started all problems... Shinichi K. and Uncertainty saw Assault can negate this and showed me link to pojo with topic like this but people from pojo said Assault is the same like Stardust Dragon. Oh god.. no. Is not.

Stardust Dragon:
When a Spell, Trap, Spell/Trap effect, or Effect Monster's effect is activated that destroys a card(s) on the field: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation and destroy it. During the End Phase, if this card negated an effect this way during this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Stardust Assault:
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with its own effect or with "Assault Mode Activate". You can Tribute this card to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect, and destroy that card. If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during the End Phase. When this card on the field is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 "Stardust Dragon" from your Graveyard.

Different wordings. For example: when we activate Royall Oppression from face-down we can negate it with both of monsters cause this is activation of effect which destroys a monster (negate with Stardust Dragon) and this is activation of a card (negate with Stardust Assault).
But when we have Royall Oppression in face-up and our opponent activates effect, we can negate this with Stardust Dragon but... no with Stardust Assault, cause card was activated before we has Stardust Assault on the Field. Cause...

Stardust Dragon can negate activation of Spell Card, Trap card and activation of effect of Spell/Trap card.
Stardust Assault can negate activation of Spell Card and Trap Card. No activation on eff. This is in a wording of card.

But both monsters can negate activation of Effect Monster's effect. This is in the wording too. But for spells and traps effects of both monsters are different.

Am I right? And please, don't be pussys and read cards, no pojo. And read rullings, no pojo. And if card haven't any rullings, don't add rullings from another cards with different wordings. Ok?

Regards,
Dizel
dizelpl
dizelpl

Birthday : 1991-06-09

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Stardust Assault Mode and Stardust differences

Post  Barricade 2011-12-10, 14:28

Pretty sure this should be in rulings.

Also i dont believe swearing would be appropriate on this forums, cause its a game
Barricade
Barricade

Birthday : 1995-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-12-10, 14:32

Just like how cards like Solemn Warning can only negate the activation of a Spell/Trap card, it cannot negate an effect of a Spell or Trap card that is already face-up on the field.

And yes, belongs in rulings.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-12-10, 14:54

Your example with Royal Oppression is a bad one. You're correct in what you said but Stardust Can't negate Oppression effect if it would stop an inherent summon.

Stardust Dragon/Buster can only negate activation of Spells and Traps while Stardust Dragon can negate their effects in that regard you are correct.

Also watch your language.

The errata on Stardust is from Turbo Pack 6 and has only come out recently.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-12-10, 17:14

Stardust Dragon Assult Mode is also poorly worded, it can negate the effects of cards
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-12-10, 18:27

Key wrote:Stardust Dragon Assult Mode is also poorly worded, it can negate the effects of cards

This. Stardust Dragon Ass Mode can negate effect of Fusion Gate/Black Graden/Geartown/Valhalla/Ultimate Offering/ etc. Basically, it can negate any Spell Speed 2 or lower actived effect.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-10, 22:12

Fail translation for TCG.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  dizelpl 2011-12-11, 06:57

BlackwingRa wrote:Fail translation for TCG.
Prove it.
dizelpl
dizelpl

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-11, 07:14

BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  dizelpl 2011-12-11, 07:17

BlackwingRa wrote:Here's what you need
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=935943
This is no prove. I will send today post on judge forum and I'll write here what they answer me.
dizelpl
dizelpl

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-12-11, 07:18

dizelpl wrote:
BlackwingRa wrote:Here's what you need
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=935943
This is no prove. I will send today post on judge forum and I'll write here what they answer me.
Q:魔法・罠カードの「効果の発動」に対して発動できますか?
A:発動できます。(08/11/16)
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-11, 07:26

Besides, a guy that wrote "rullings" and points at the wrong part of the card texts and says that the wordings are different ... *sigh* don't have the word for this.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-12-11, 08:43

Oh well another Konami fail...
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-12-11, 17:46

Stardust: 「フィールド上のカードを破壊する効果」を持つ魔法・罠・効果モンスターの効果が発動した時、このカードをリリースする事でその発動を無効にし破壊する。
Buster: 魔法・罠・効果モンスターの効果が発動した時、このカードをリリースする事でその発動を無効にし破壊する。

The wording on the Japanese cards are exactly the same. I see no reason why the assault mode can't do what the original can.
Literal translation of the bolded part would be: "When the effect of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster is activated."
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  dizelpl 2011-12-11, 18:07

storyteller wrote:Stardust: 「フィールド上のカードを破壊する効果」を持つ魔法・罠・効果モンスターの効果が発動した時、このカードをリリースする事でその発動を無効にし破壊する。
Buster: 魔法・罠・効果モンスターの効果が発動した時、このカードをリリースする事でその発動を無効にし破壊する。

The wording on the Japanese cards are exactly the same. I see no reason why the assault mode can't do what the original can.
Literal translation of the bolded part would be: "When the effect of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster is activated."
Ok, I think this is good proof for me : )
dizelpl
dizelpl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down