Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrap-Iron Scarecrow

+5
OverlordMMM
Red_Chaos
Thanax42
enmanuel7
Zaca
9 posters

Go down

Solved Scrap-Iron Scarecrow

Post  Zaca 2011-12-20, 12:16

Scrap-Iron Scarecrow ScrapIronScarecrowDPCT-EN-UR-LE

Trap

Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack, and Set this card face-down again instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Hi, yestertady having a duel i use this card and my opponent has 2 monsters and attack me, in the first attack i use this trap, but he attacks with the other monster, and when i activate my trap again he said that i can't, that the card can only be activated once per turn. Is that right? Because in the card description doesn't say how many times i can activate in one turn.

I hope you can resolve my doubt. Since now, thank you Smile

PD: Sorry for my english, i'm from Argentina and i have a basic level english xD

Zaca

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Scrap-Iron Scarecrow

Post  enmanuel7 2011-12-20, 12:21

you cannot activate trap cards in the turn that you set them ,the cards doesnt says it becouse it is a basic ruling
enmanuel7
enmanuel7

Birthday : 1989-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanax42 2011-12-20, 13:09

Si, Sólo una vez por turno porque las cartas de velocidad 2 como trampas (todas menos las contra efecto que son de velocidad 3) y magicas de juego rápido no pueden ser activadas en el turno en el que son colocadas boca abajo, incluso si lo haces en el turno del oponenete la regla aún se aplica

The card is good, but not good enough, D prison may not stay on the field, but it usually takes the guy who tried to put a finger on your field with it, same with Mirror Force and EVEN Sakuretsu Armor. Best thing it has its that it cannot be stopped by stardust, but that´s it imo.
Thanax42
Thanax42

Birthday : 1988-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaca 2011-12-20, 13:20

Sorry everybody, but when i say "use" it means "activate" , the card was Set in previous turns. So, can i use it more than one time in one turn?

Example: My opp. attacks, activate's the trap, my opp. attacks me again with a different monster.. can i activate again? Thanks.

Thanax42, la duda era si podía activarla más de una vez por turno. La carta ya había sido colocada en un turno anterior y la active cuando el me ataco, pero quisiera saber si puedo activarla durante más de un ataque en el mismo turno.

Zaca

Back to top Go down

Post  enmanuel7 2011-12-20, 13:26

Zaca wrote:Sorry everybody, but when i say "use" it means "activate" , the card was Set in previous turns. So, can i use it more than one time in one turn?

Example: My opp. attacks, activate's the trap, my opp. attacks me again with a different monster.. can i activate again? Thanks.

Thanax42, la duda era si podía activarla más de una vez por turno. La carta ya había sido colocada en un turno anterior y la active cuando el me ataco, pero quisiera saber si puedo activarla durante más de un ataque en el mismo turno.

but you seted it again whit his own effect that was my point
enmanuel7
enmanuel7

Birthday : 1989-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanax42 2011-12-20, 13:30

Zaca wrote:Sorry everybody, but when i say "use" it means "activate" , the card was Set in previous turns. So, can i use it more than one time in one turn?

Entendi tu duda, pero vos no me entendiste a mi xD INCLUSO aunque la hayas colocado en tu turno, cuando la activas en el truno oponente el efecto de la carta la VUELVE a colocar, es decir, ya no se puede volver a activar en ese turno

Only once per turn, old ruling.
Thanax42
Thanax42

Birthday : 1988-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-12-20, 13:32

its a nice troll card nothing more nothing less
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-12-20, 14:28

Its a nice defensive card if you have alternative ways of dealing with monsters. You can only use it once per turn, but you can have multiple copies of it, so it really just depends on the build.

In most cases, D-Prison is more suitable, or even Threatening Roar.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-20, 15:04

Scrap-Iron Scarecrow itself does not have a restriction on how many times per turn it can be activated.

The restriction comes from game mechanics, which states that Trap Cards must remain Set for the rest of the turn that they are Set and cannot be activated.

Traditional Format only situation, but say you had Scrap-Iron Scarecrow and Temple of the Kings; you can negate multiple attacks per turn.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  inpachi 2011-12-20, 19:54

Traps cannot be activated the same turn they are set. So when you set Scrap-Iron Scarecrow you cannot activate it again.
inpachi
inpachi

Birthday : 1991-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  plsgiveme500k 2011-12-21, 02:11

If you want to block any attack you want, or use many time you want, you need a card called "temple of the kings", but "temple of the kings" is banned, so forget it, lol
plsgiveme500k
plsgiveme500k

Birthday : 1994-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaca 2011-12-21, 12:45

Ok, gracias a todos por resolverme la duda. A mi me la habían usado también mas de una vez por turno por eso pensé que se podía.

Ok, thank's everybody for answer. An opp. use this card against me before so i think that i can use it many times in one turn.

Zaca

Back to top Go down

Post  atlantic13 2011-12-22, 07:18

you cannot activate the trap twice in a row that is you cant activate it when a second or third monster attacks you
ref:yugioh 5D's episode 1

atlantic13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down