Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two swift scarecrow

+6
poemi
Miror B.
LittLeD
Phoenix Wright
Magicknight94
Mewtwo
10 posters

Go down

Two swift scarecrow Empty Two swift scarecrow

Post  Mewtwo 2012-02-05, 09:20

Okay. My opponent attacks with Quasar. I swift scarecrow. He negates. I chain with another swift scarecrow. I was under the impression this was valid since you can active another effect to negate an attack within the same window. Like for example - an opponent attacks with Shi En. Flip cylinder, negate, chain dprison. I thought this was valid. Can someone explain or am I going crazy, because some mod told me it was invalid. I apologize if I'm wrong.
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Back to top Go down

Two swift scarecrow Empty Re: Two swift scarecrow

Post  Magicknight94 2012-02-05, 11:22

Swift Scarecrow's eff is Trigger, Spell Speed 1, you cannot chain it to a Quick eff like Quasar.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-05, 11:32

Yep, spell speeds are wrong

you could try and negate the second attack though
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  LittLeD 2012-02-05, 12:00

You could activate both of the Swift Scarecrows in response to the same attack though, in a SEGOC, resulting in atleast one of them resolving properly.
LittLeD
LittLeD

Birthday : 1991-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-05, 13:49

LittLeD wrote:You could activate both of the Swift Scarecrows in response to the same attack though, in a SEGOC, resulting in atleast one of them resolving properly.

You can only activate 1 trigger effect from the hand per chain. Hence why you can't chain 2 Trag.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-05, 14:24

I don't think its confirmed for swift scarecrow, since it's not summoning itself to the field.

there even a perfect rule breaker like infernity archfiend :p
poemi
poemi

Birthday : 1983-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skielinfiniti 2012-02-05, 14:33

That rule is for all Trigger Effects that activate from hand, although quite a few of them do SS. You can only use 1 Trigger Effect that activates from the hand per chain. If Swift was a Quick Effect (like Veiler or Maxx C), then it could be used in that fashion.
skielinfiniti
skielinfiniti

Back to top Go down

Post  LittLeD 2012-02-05, 15:00

skielinfiniti wrote:That rule is for all Trigger Effects that activate from hand, although quite a few of them do SS. You can only use 1 Trigger Effect that activates from the hand per chain. If Swift was a Quick Effect (like Veiler or Maxx C), then it could be used in that fashion.
Source? The ruling has always been that multiple Monster Trigger effects which activate in the hand (or grave, if the monster also has the ability to activate in the hand) that special summon the monster to the field cannot be activated in response to the same event.

Swift Scarecrow does not special summon itself.

Last edited by LittLeD on 2012-02-05, 17:05; edited 1 time in total
LittLeD
LittLeD

Birthday : 1991-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-05, 15:18

LittLeD wrote:
skielinfiniti wrote:That rule is for all Trigger Effects that activate from hand, although quite a few of them do SS. You can only use 1 Trigger Effect that activates from the hand per chain. If Swift was a Quick Effect (like Veiler or Maxx C), then it could be used in that fashion.
Source? The ruling has always been that multiple Monster Trigger effects which activate in the hand or grave that special summon the monster to the field cannot be activated in response to the same event.

Swift Scarecrow does not special summon itself.
Well...WC11 let's me chain Swift Scarecrow to Battle Fader so /ok.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2012-02-05, 15:40

Last I checked (which was around 3-4 months ago), this situation was considered "Unresolved" in OCG... which means that until we hear differently, then the only trigger effects with restrictions on activation are those that special summon something. Scarecrow is not one of them, so LittLeD is correct.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-05, 16:54

so its because its from hand + ss itself

i knew it wasnt because its a trigger effect because we know more than one trigger effect can be activated in response to the same event

scrap searcher : if a scrap is destroyed you can activate the effects of all your scraps searchers in grave

same with xiaolong ss stardust dragona and you can choose to activate all the xiaolongs in your grave
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-05, 17:12

raidou wrote:so its because its from hand + ss itself

i knew it wasnt because its a trigger effect because we know more than one trigger effect can be activated in response to the same event

scrap searcher : if a scrap is destroyed you can activate the effects of all your scraps searchers in grave

same with xiaolong ss stardust dragona and you can choose to activate all the xiaolongs in your grave

Nobody said anything about the Graveyard :/
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-05, 18:26

i know thats why i mentioned it on the same post(first sentence)

is just weird trigger effects work different in hand than in grave maybe its because the content of the grave is for the opponent to see at all times

off topic littleD

the gunslinger as avatar and sig ! nice ! (rep+)

raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2012-02-05, 19:20

It is the same for the grave though... you can't activate multiple trigger effects that would summon from the hand or the grave on the same SEGOC initiating event unless those effects are mandatory. If there isn't a summon effect, then you can activate them like normal.

Example ruling: You can only Special Summon 1 Wingtortoise from you hand or Graveyard when a face-up Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-Type monster(s) you control is banished, even if you have multiple Wingtortoise in you hand or Graveyard.

Last edited by T3RCX on 2012-02-05, 19:22; edited 1 time in total
T3RCX
T3RCX

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-05, 19:22

T3RCX wrote:It is the same for the grave though... you can't activate multiple trigger effects that would summon from the hand or the grave on the same SEGOC initiating event unless those effects are mandatory. If there isn't a summon effect, then you can activate them like normal.

Example: Malefic Truth Dragon - You can only summon 1 Malefic Truth Dragon when a Malefic monster is destroyed no matter how many you have in your hand OR in your graveyard.
The Grave is immune to this ruling. The only time this ruling applies would be if the monster's effect summons itself from the hand or Grave, like Green Baboon.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2012-02-05, 19:24

I changed my example to Wingtortoise cause the ruling was easier to find than Malefic (cause of the having multiple Malefics faceup issue).

And isn't that what I said? Or did I misunderstand what he was saying o.o?

Well it doesn't matter anyway, the question is resolved by now.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-05, 19:27

Eh, your first sentence said same for grave so whatevs.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewtwo 2012-02-05, 19:52

Oh, I always assumed scarecrow was a quick effect. My apologies. Okay I can activate two scarecrows simultaneously to evade Quasar. Yes?
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2012-02-05, 20:36

For now, 2 Swift, yes.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content