Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self-Destruct Button

4 posters

Go down

Solved Self-Destruct Button

Post  neleh 2011-12-25, 16:36

Judge List Rulings
If "Self-Destruct Button" resolves in the middle of a Chain the Duel ends in a Draw, and the remaining Chain Links of the Chain do not resolve.[1]

I just like to ask this for a little clarification of for future reference may be.

I activate the "wall" obviously and take -7000 LP then he said chain then after that chain (chain 2) I could chain it with "Button".

Now based on wiki it should be a draw. or did I really loose? I'm asking for more elaborate detail on this but the mod kick me (very busy as always huh). And I didn't get satisfactory explanation. Like I said I only want clarification. Loosing is not really a big deal. The deck is just for fun.

Self-Destruct Button 9EAoA

neleh

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Self-Destruct Button

Post  Miror B. 2011-12-25, 16:44

As soon as button resolves, both players' Life Points become zero. A win condition has been met and the game ends, resulting in a draw since both players reached the condition of "reducing the opponent's life points to 0"

Basically, after every cards resolution, you check for whether a win condition is met, whether or not there are more cards to be resolved.

Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2011-12-25, 16:50

Note that if something was chained to Button which caused your LP to reach 0 before Button resolves, then you would lose because the chain would never get to your card to resolve it.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  neleh 2011-12-25, 17:45

the problem here is where is the chain?

Obviously what happened my opponent said chain and then he activates all his card (which should he paused a little for every activation). but during the activation of "wall" obviously I would have chain my cards with "Button". then it would have a "priority" resolution after that. It takes (Button) priory over the chain because it has met the condition.

here is the previous ruling:

Previously Official Rulings
If you activate "Self-Destruct Button", and an effect is chained so that the difference in Life Points is less than 7000, "Self-Destruct Button" still resolves because its conditions were correct at the time of activation.

neleh

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-12-25, 17:59

As said, if the difference is 7000 at activation, it's legal. Then the chain resolves backwards, and when Self Destruct Button hits and both players hit 0, it's a draw. If somehow you ended up losing all your life points before Self Destruct hits, then you'd lose.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-12-25, 20:39

When you activate a trap card, you immediately pass priority to your opponent. They can then activate something, and then pass priority back to you.

Your opponent obviously didn't check whether or not you wanted to activate anything, and activated everything he/she had. When he's finished, you can continue to chain your SDB, and since it will be the last card in the chain, it resolves first, so the game will end in a draw.

Now, if you had activated SDB and he had chained Chain Strike to it or anything after it, Chain Strike would resolve first and he would win.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  neleh 2011-12-26, 04:45

storyteller wrote:When you activate a trap card, you immediately pass priority to your opponent. They can then activate something, and then pass priority back to you.

Your opponent obviously didn't check whether or not you wanted to activate anything, and activated everything he/she had. When he's finished, you can continue to chain your SDB, and since it will be the last card in the chain, it resolves first, so the game will end in a draw.

Now, if you had activated SDB and he had chained Chain Strike to it or anything after it, Chain Strike would resolve first and he would win.

He obviously said chain (then used "Chain Stike") upon Wall activation. Then yeah he didn't ask for my response and activates all his cards.

And that's may be the problem here. Many people just Activate their cards without asking for opponents response.

Thanks for all the reply.

neleh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down