Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self Destruct Button

3 posters

Go down

Self Destruct Button Empty Self Destruct Button

Post  Reidmill 2011-07-09, 14:18

I have recently added a self destruct button to my deck (I play Final Countdown), and I was wondering if you you could activate it during your opponents battle phase. Let's say you have 5000 life points and your opponent has 9000. You're opponent enters his battle phase and attacks you with his first monster and reduces your life points to 2000. Your opponent is still in his battle phase and he's about to finish you off with his second monster. Can you activate your self destruct button and force a draw during his battle phase?

Reidmill

Back to top Go down

Self Destruct Button Empty Re: Self Destruct Button

Post  dest 2011-07-09, 14:54

there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Reidmill 2011-07-09, 15:04

dest wrote:there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to

Figured as much. I just had to verify, thanks!

Reidmill

Back to top Go down

Post  whysoserious 2011-07-21, 14:31

As long as there is a 7000 lp difference between you and your opponent you can legally activate the card provided there are no other effects you or the opponent that had in play preventing it's activation, such as Cold Wave although that's currently banned.

E.G. Your opponent has 8000 LP and you have 1000 (or less) LP remaining, then the difference is 7000 here so you can activate it on any phase after you set the button and ended your turn first.

Another is your opponent have 9000 lp and you have 2000 or less lp; opponent have 10000 lp and you have 3000 or less lp; opponent have 11000 lp and you have 4000 or less lp, and so on.

Best case scenario is to give the opponent 2000-3000 lp that way you do not have to worry about being countered by any direct damage or burn card activated in response (chained) to the activation of the self destruct button, otherwise their burn card would resolve first and you would lose, or unless you have a second or 3rd button set then chain those cards in response to what they activate.

whysoserious
whysoserious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down