Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doomcaliber Knight, Tour Guide of the Underworld, and Thunder King Rai-Oh

+3
Tcbskater
S.S.A.
Balmung6
7 posters

Go down

Solved Doomcaliber Knight, Tour Guide of the Underworld, and Thunder King Rai-Oh

Post  Balmung6 2011-12-29, 05:03

Knight - does the "negate and destroy" effect come into play if the monster effect has no target? In my case, it was a flip effect that let the player get a trap from the graveyard, but there were no traps in the graveyard to fetch.

Tour Guide - if i used the effect to Special Summon a monster, negating its effect, does that still apply if its an effect that activates in the grave? The one I used is Sangan.

Thunder King - Neither play can add cards to their hand except by drawing - meaning only Draw Phase, right? Some guy arguing that Trade-In counted because it said to "draw" two cards, and was allowed. I assume it's the former, but i want to make this so I can link it for future reference.

Balmung6

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Doomcaliber Knight, Tour Guide of the Underworld, and Thunder King Rai-Oh

Post  S.S.A. 2011-12-29, 05:10

1. Not Sure
2. yes, you get sangans eff
3. its the act of drawing, so trade in works when rai-oh is on the feild, but POD would not
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Doomcaliber Knight, Tour Guide of the Underworld, and Thunder King Rai-Oh

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-29, 05:15

Knight - In that scenario, the effect would activate, and Doomcaliber would then chain to it and negate it. Cards that activate but don't have targets simply resolve without effect. Same thing happens when Tengu leaves the field and there's no more left in the deck. It will trigger (which Doomcaliber will activate to if he's on the field) and resolve with no effect.

Tour Guide - Only while the monster is on the field. Cards that activate off the field are not negated by Tour Guide.

Thunder King - Any time. Say it's Main Phase 1. You cannot play cards like E - Emergency Call, Pot of Duality, etc. because those are not cards that draw and cannot be activated while Thunder King Rai-Oh is face-up on the field. Cards like Trade-In, Jar of Greed, One Day of Peace, etc. are all able to be activated and resolve properly because they tell you to "draw" a card.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2011-12-29, 05:18

1. Let's say the monster you're reffering to is "Mark of Darkness". From my understanding, if it's flipped face-up & there is no trap in the grave, DoomCa will still negate the eff & destroy Mask of Darkness.

2. Tour negates effects on the field , so if you didn't XYZ & your Sangan got sent to the grave, you get the search.

3. No. You can activate Trade-In and Pot of Avarice if TKRO is on the field. What TKRO can't let happen is adding a card to your hand without drawing it (Sangan's eff, RotA, PoD...).
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Balmung6 2011-12-29, 06:02

Okay, new one - Neo Spacian Grand Mole - if I attack it with Doomcaliber, he's arguing that I can't activate effects in the damage step, I'm arguing that it says I have to tribute if an effect is used.

And Safe Zone - if it stops Targeting of a monster for card effects, and the monster uses an effect while Doomcaliber is on the field, does its effect go off if it can't target the monster?

Also, can spells be used in the end phase? Non-quick play ones, I mean.

Balmung6

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-29, 06:20

Doomcalibur Knight's effect can be used anytime.
Doomcalibur Knight's effect doesn't target, but Doomcalibur's effect still activates in response to other monster's effect, negate it but can't destroy it (if that monster cannot be destroyed by card's effects)
Absolutely No.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2011-12-29, 06:26

1. Doomca can activate in the damage step and can, indeed, negate Grand Mole's eff & destroy it.

2. DoomCa doesn't target. Well, in this case, DoomCa will be tributed & the eff of the monster negate, but it won't be destroyed because Safe Zone protects the equipped monster from destruction.

3. Normal Spells can be activated during the MP1 & MP2. Some Continuous spells can activate during the EP, but can't be played at that time.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-12-29, 11:13

Just to clarify on Normal Spells, as of now only 1 Normal Spell can be activated outside the Main Phases, but that's only because it says so, and probably because it was made in the development era of the game.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-29, 11:16

Yeah there's only 1 Normal Spell like that, it is Curse of Fiend.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  darkunicorn 2012-01-11, 23:29

my deck contains thunder king rai oh and doomcaliber knight. my question is does my doomcalibers effect come into play and destroy my own thunder king when they both hit the field? is it a good idea to have both of these in the same deck?

darkunicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-11, 23:35

darkunicorn wrote:my deck contains thunder king rai oh and doomcaliber knight. my question is does my doomcalibers effect come into play and destroy my own thunder king when they both hit the field? is it a good idea to have both of these in the same deck?
No. Unless you try to use Thunder King's tribute to negate a summon effect, Doomcal will not activate because Thunder King's "cannot add cards to hand" effect does not activate because it's continuous.

And next time, just make a new thread instead of bumping a 2 week old one.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  darkunicorn 2012-01-11, 23:40

thanks.haha.i'm new on here so bare with me. still figuring out this forum.

darkunicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down