Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gozen Match / Rivalry of the warlords

+3
Phraxure
Gothic mess
22james22
7 posters

Go down

Gozen Match / Rivalry of the warlords Empty Gozen Match / Rivalry of the warlords

Post  22james22 2012-01-07, 16:20

I have not once played Gozen Match or Rivalry of the warlords and not had my opponent attempt to do something I consider illegal. So Just to make sure its not me in the wrong can I clear some things up. Please correct me if any of this is wrong.

While Gozen match is on the field (And of course everything would be the same for Rivalry of the warlords just replace attribute with type):

Normal summoning
You may not attempt the normal summon a monster of a different attribute to one he already controls then send his cards of other attribute he can only normal summon monsters of the same attribute

Tribute summoning face up
You cannot tribute using a monster of one attribute to summon a monster a different attribute. For example you could not tribute a treeborn frog for a caius the shadow monarch

Tribute setting
You can tribute set a monster of a different attribute but if it is flipped face up for any reason it is destroyed (after flip effects activate)

Flip Summoning
You may not attempt the flip summon of a monster with a different attribute to one you already control. for example you control a face down ryko lightsworn hunter and a face up Chaos sorcerer you may not attempt to flip summon your ryko lightsworn hunter.

Synchro/Xyz
You may not attempt to Synchro/ Xyz a monster of a different attribute to face up monster you already control

Gozen match in a chain
If the opponent plays a card that would special summon a card that is in the graveyard or is banished they first pick their target, you then chain Gozen match. If the opponents chosen target was of a different attriubte to a monster they already control then their effect resolves without effect. For example opponent actives the effect of leviair the sea dragon and targets Rescue rabbit and Gozen match is chained leviair the sea dragon will resolve without effect

If the opponent plays a card that would special summon from a the deck or hand then before they pick a target you may chain Gozen match. The opponent must then resolve the effect but must pick a monster of the same attribute to the ones he already controls. If he fails to do so you may check his hand / deck to make sure he cannot do so. For example opponent plays Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki and you chain Gozen Match. Your Opponent says he cannot resolve the effect and you may check his hand to confirm he has not viable wind targets in his hand.

22james22

Back to top Go down

Gozen Match / Rivalry of the warlords Empty Re: Gozen Match / Rivalry of the warlords

Post  Gothic mess 2012-01-07, 16:26

You are correct in both scenarios.
Gothic mess
Gothic mess

Birthday : 1986-12-04

Back to top Go down

Gozen Match / Rivalry of the warlords Empty Re: Gozen Match / Rivalry of the warlords

Post  22james22 2012-01-07, 16:34

Thank you I though I was!

What can I do when my opponent refuses to believe me? Admins never come.

22james22

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-07, 16:37

Admins do come, just not straight away. You aren't the only call on their list no matter how long the wait is. You can always refer back to this thread even though it isn't official until solved but an Admin will verify.
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  22james22 2012-01-07, 16:42

Phraxure wrote:Admins do come, just not straight away. You aren't the only call on their list no matter how long the wait is. You can always refer back to this thread even though it isn't official until solved but an Admin will verify.

I didn't mean to sound un-grateful there. Amount of admin's compared to the amount of calls they must get must be staggering. They do a hard job for free and it will never be possible to get enough trustworthy ones. Just wish people would follow the rules!

22james22

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothic mess 2012-01-07, 16:46

[12] Gozen Match/Rivalry of Warlords and Legal Actions

Suppose you control a face-up Gladiator Beast Equeste (WIND), while Gozen Match is active. So long as you control the face-up Gladiator Beast Equeste..You can:
Normal Summon another WIND Attribute monster
Set ANY Attribute monster so long as its able to be Set normally
Synchro Summon with another WIND Attribute tuner into a WIND Attribute Synchro (such as Stardust Dragon)
Fusion Summon a WIND Attribute Fusion Monster (such as Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste)
Ritual Summon a WIND Attribute Ritual Monster
Tribute Summon a WIND Attribute monster
Activate and apply the effects of Mind Control, Enemy Controller's 2nd effect, Puppet Plant, etc. even if the target is not WIND (even if you still control the face-up Gladiator Beast Equeste). The target will switch to your field and be immediately sent to the Graveyard.
Activate and apply the effect of Gladiator Beast Equeste to Special Summon another Gladiator Beast, so long as there is a legal WIND Attribute monster that you can summon, like Gladiator Beast Bestiari, still in your Deck. In this case, if, during resolution, you control no face-up monsters, you may Special Summon a Gladiator Beast of another Attribute. If you control another WIND Attribute monsters, you must Special Summon a WIND Attribute Gladiator Beast besides Gladiator Beast Equeste. (by its own effect)
And you cannot:
Normal Summon a non-WIND Attribute monster
Synchro Summon with another WIND Attribute tuner into a non-WIND Attribute Synchro, (such as Scrap Dragon) EVEN if all face-up monsters on your field would be used as Synchro Material.
Fusion Summon a non-WIND Attribute Fusion
Ritual Summon a non-WIND Attribute Ritual Monster
"Contact Fusion" into a non-WIND Attribute Fusion monster, EVEN if all face-up monsters on your field would be used in this procedure. This applies to Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (with regards to Cyber Dragon) as well as the Gladiator Beast Fusion Monsters (in regards to Gladiator Beasts).
Tribute Summon a non-WIND monster even if you would tribute your only face-up monster

I think this is about right.
Gothic mess
Gothic mess

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-07, 16:49

Yeah that's all good Gothic but one question, When using Mind Controller for example because you have to send one monster to the graveyard, can you choose which one to send?
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothic mess 2012-01-07, 16:53

You're gonna have to rephrase that for me.

EDIT: I get your scenario. Same as creature swap, after the trap is activated, if you receive another monster due to a control change effect, the monster received will automatically be destroyed. Same thing will happen until the monster you have face up is no longer face up on the field.
Gothic mess
Gothic mess

Back to top Go down

Post  22james22 2012-01-07, 17:17

Gothic mess wrote:You're gonna have to rephrase that for me.

EDIT: I get your scenario. Same as creature swap, after the trap is activated, if you receive another monster due to a control change effect, the monster received will automatically be destroyed. Same thing will happen until the monster you have face up is no longer face up on the field.

Thank you! Were did you find it? I have been looking for sommit like that for ages.

22james22

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothic mess 2012-01-07, 17:27

I did see it as self explanatory, but the text can lie from time to time. So Pojo, TCG Player helped a lot in the search and confirming this.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1006773

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1002708
Gothic mess
Gothic mess

Back to top Go down

Post  22james22 2012-01-07, 17:33

Gothic mess wrote:I did see it as self explanatory, but the text can lie from time to time. So Pojo, TCG Player helped a lot in the search and confirming this.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1006773

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1002708

Most people seem to think they can some what they like then just send the attributes they don't want to the graveyard. They ignore the CANNOT CONTROL part.

22james22

Back to top Go down

Post  kyros 2012-01-07, 17:40

I thought that with rivalry of warlords you would tribute your only monster to summon whatever you wanted, and that's the new 'type' restriction. Also, neither card says you can't change the type/attribute you have on the field as long as you got rid of all the other monsters of the type/attribute you had before. For example, if your only monster was a sangan why wouldnt you be able to summon marauding captain as long as the sangan was removed first?
kyros
kyros

Back to top Go down

Post  22james22 2012-01-07, 17:53

Yes if sangan was destroyed and not face up any more you can summon a new type/Attribute.

But you Cannot tribute, Fusion, Xyz, Synchro Summon a Non feind/Dark using a face up Sangan as cost (Depending on whether it was Gozen or rivalry) or flip summon a different type/attribute of monster or play Genex ally birdman using sangan as cost.(Could with gozen as their both dark). Basicly You cannot attempt to summon any monster of a different type attribute.

So no you cannot tribute Sangan for raiza the storm monarch.

22james22

Back to top Go down

Post  Joenen 2012-01-07, 19:01

The reason why you cannot Xyz/Synchro/Tribute summon into a new type/attribute monster, even if initiating the summon uses all other monsters from your field, is because the monster you want to Summon is Determined Before you send cards to the graveyard.

The Game "looks" at the monster you want to summon, then initiates the process to summon it. Since the game sees Caius as a different attribute than treeborn, it will not allow you to summon caius.
Joenen
Joenen

Birthday : 1992-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2012-01-07, 19:57

dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-01-08, 09:34

kyros wrote:I thought that with rivalry of warlords you would tribute your only monster to summon whatever you wanted, and that's the new 'type' restriction. Also, neither card says you can't change the type/attribute you have on the field as long as you got rid of all the other monsters of the type/attribute you had before. For example, if your only monster was a sangan why wouldnt you be able to summon marauding captain as long as the sangan was removed first?

thats how it used to work the rulings on those cards changed like 2 years ago

22james22 wrote:Thank you I though I was!

What can I do when my opponent refuses to believe me? Admins never come.

i think its because he knew the old ruling and didnt trust wikia ( he thought it was edited)

the old rule is still at netrep.net (that site hasnt updated any old rulings for a looong time)

is normal to think a card ruling isnt supposed to change but they do change them

dont blame him for not believing you
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down