Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rivalry of the Dragons effects...

3 posters

Go down

Solved Rivalry of the Dragons effects...

Post  Tigger22190 2012-01-09, 06:59

Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
After damage calculation, when this card attacks a Defense Position monster your opponent controls: Destroy all Defense Position monsters your opponent controls. During your End Phase: Destroy all other monsters you control that did not declare an attack this turn. This card must remain face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect.

vs

Stardust Dragon
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When a Spell, Trap, Spell/Trap effect, or Effect Monster's effect is activated that destroys a card(s) on the field: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation and destroy it. During the End Phase, if this card negated an effect this way during this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

I'm watching 5D's and I'm to the finals of the Fortune Cup and this question popped into my head.

Since Stardust can stop card destruction, would it destroy Red Dragon Archfiend if it attacked a defense position monster since it's effect destroys all other defense position monsters on opp. field.

Someone smack me please for posting something like this at the wee hours of the morning here in Ohio... time is ... 5:58 am. Don't ask what I'm doing up at this hour...
Tigger22190
Tigger22190

Birthday : 1990-02-21

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rivalry of the Dragons effects...

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-01-09, 07:30

Asssuming the attacked monster isn't the Stardust Dragon in question, then yes it can negate Red Dragon Archfiend's effect & destroy it.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Cross 2012-01-09, 09:22

If Stardust Dragon is not the target of the attack and Red Dragon Archfiend uses his effect, then Stardust can negate the effect.

If Stardust Dragon is the attack target of Red Dragon Archfiend, he is destroyed by battle and can't use his effect.
Neon Cross
Neon Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  Tigger22190 2012-01-09, 17:05

Okay, thanks. A friend and me were having a dispute over this. Thanks for clearing it up.
Tigger22190
Tigger22190

Birthday : 1990-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down