Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters

4 posters

Go down

The moves made were correct and fair?

Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters Vote_lcap100%Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 9 ]
Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters Vote_lcap0%Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters Empty Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters

Post  Monochromatic 2011-06-17, 21:35

Due to being A.S.S'd twice by opponents who can't play, or have no basic knowledge of certain rulings. Even when I supply them with evidence to support my claims.

Un-deservingly I have been robbed of 2 victories, because of reason 1:

My opponent attacks directly with Junk Destroyer with united we stand, and a face-up token. Mandatory effect of my 2 Volcanic counters activate.
I take 4200, my opponent takes 8400.
Pretty much, owned. And GG.
Sadly, my opponent argues that only 1 Volcanic Counter can activate, and he would only take 4200. Even though Volcanic Counters effect is mandatory, and both will activate. The fire monsters in my graveyard were, Flamvell Firedog, and 2 Gaia the combustive collective.

Reason 2: In my 2nd match, my opponent has Infernity Destroyer and attacks my Flamvell Firedog, I activated Mirror Force, and then chain Magic Cylinder. He to some odd belief, believes my move was illegal and I can't chain magic cylinder to mirror force. Even though he subtracted the damage from magic cylinder, but refused to destroy his monster due to mirror force.

I would like to hear a second opinion, relating to agreement that my opponent was incorrect and the moves I made were completely valid.

I hate being robbed of a fair win, because my opponent got butthurt from being owned by a fairplay epic move resulting in my victory. So they feel the need to A.S.S me.

- Thanks in regards
Monochromatic
Monochromatic

Birthday : 1992-11-11

Back to top Go down

Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters Empty Re: Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters

Post  Lovelace 2011-06-17, 21:38

Volcanic counters can chain to each other from what I know. However, I dont think you can chain a cylinder to mirror force. I'll check the official rulings and see.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters Empty Re: Mirror Cylinder & Volcanic Counters

Post  Monochromatic 2011-06-17, 21:48

Thank you for the reply, I test most combinations on my Yugioh Tag Force 5, and use the Mirror Cylinder combination all the time. Although I know for sure that there's a strict rule between Magic Cylinder being Chain 2. Otherwise, if it's Chain 1, it cannot resolve the damage part as Mirror Force has destroyed the monsters. An in this scenario, Cylinder was Chain 2. As i'm sure it goes:
- Attack is declared
- Mirror Force is activated
- Magic Cylinder is chained
- Magic Cylinder negates the attack and inflicts damage equal to the monsters ATK and resolves.
- The Attack was negated, but was still declared, Mirror force destroys all attack position monsters and resolves.
I'm pretty sure it works exactly like that^?
Monochromatic
Monochromatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-06-17, 21:51

Alright, I checked the rulings, and you are right. You can do that.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-06-17, 21:55

You are correct in both cases. However you need to be aware that being A.S.Sd does not rob you of your victory.

You still get the win and you still get rating points all you lose is 5 points of reputation.

So no matter what you still won the duels and this will go on your record as a win and rating is added as normal.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-06-18, 11:59

Volcanic Counter is Compulsory Eff therefore both of them will activate in a chain

And Chaining Magic Cylinder to Mirror Force is perfectly fine, however be sure to let your opponent respond the the activation of your first card
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Monochromatic 2011-06-18, 13:06

Thank you for all your responses, and I'm glad that being A.S.S'd does not take away my victory. It's disappointing having to get a bad rep appearance because the other player couldn't accept the correct ruling.

I also query my opponent when ever activating a card, and when chaining just to make sure they are clear what is happening and that they are okay with it.

- Thanks
Monochromatic
Monochromatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down