Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind Crush vs. Gravekeeper's Commandant

+3
Phoenix Wright
Chimera573
Aolgrious
7 posters

Go down

Solved Mind Crush vs. Gravekeeper's Commandant

Post  Aolgrious 2012-02-04, 14:33

Hi, I was just playing a duel and I had discarded Gravekeeper's Commandant to fetch Necrovalley. Next turn, my opponent activates Mind Crush and declares Necrovalley. In this situation, I do NOT have to reveal my hand right, since the presence of the card was clear.

Aolgrious

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Mind Crush vs. Gravekeeper's Commandant

Post  Chimera573 2012-02-04, 14:52

No, you still have to reveal your hand because mind crush's effect says so. Otherwise how would your opponent know you discarded all copies of it from your hand?

Chimera573

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-04, 14:54

Yes, because you might have another necrovalley in your hand

unless there is a 0% chance of another copy of the card being in your hand (i.e. the card is limited or all other copies are on the field/in the graveyard/are banished) you MUST reveal
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-04, 18:33

Mind Crush says to discard all copies of the declared card. Unless you can somehow prove you do not have another copy in your hand without showing your hand, you have to show your entire hand.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-02-05, 05:27

Unless the total number of allowed copies is in public areas, you must reveal your hand.

Just remember, when in a tournament irl, you reveal your hand to the judge and not to your opponent.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-02-05, 05:35

3E-hero neos wrote:Unless the total number of allowed copies is in public areas, you must reveal your hand.

Just remember, when in a tournament irl, you reveal your hand to the judge and not to your opponent.
That is not correct.
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  GoyoxD 2012-02-05, 11:48

3E-hero neos wrote:Unless the total number of allowed copies is in public areas, you must reveal your hand.

A judge's job is to watch gameplay and ensure that no one is cheating. They also have the authority to give rulings if needed. Anything said or showed to a judge is considered public knowledge so you can't, under any circumstance, ask a judge to verify your hand for Mind Crush.
GoyoxD
GoyoxD

Birthday : 1994-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down