Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why can't i restrict my oponent's decks in duel notes?

5 posters

Go down

Why can't i restrict my oponent's decks in duel notes? Empty Why can't i restrict my oponent's decks in duel notes?

Post  2pado 2012-02-12, 18:58

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but couldn't find a better one.

Probably old news to most people, but i have been very busy lately so haven't logged in the DN for a while, when i got back i found the new "restrictions" for the duel notes.

I can understand the other two, about lurkings or advertising, but why am i not allowed to choose who i duel with?

I am a competitive player, i go to tournaments, bet cards or duel with high level players, i use dueling network mainly for playtesting purposes and i certainly DON'T want to duel against decks like: exodia, burn, morphin jar FTK or whatnot, that rely on incosistent strategies, luck or top decking to win %40 of the time, with no strategy or intelligence involved, therefore offering no useful or reliable playtesting feedback. Even if i'm only playing for fun, i don't find those decks fun AT ALL (so yeah, that's what DN is telling me with this new rule, duel but get bored), and obviously, i would rather play with the top decks in the meta (which is normally 80% of the decks present in tournaments) that with some guy's Dark Magician deck.

Im sorry if im being rude, and probably some of you think is "fun" to use this kind of decks BUT I SURE AS HELL DON'T, and in real life i have a free will and i can choose who do i duel with, so i don't see why DN should be any different.

So yeah, is there any way to appeal to this rule? what are the penalties for breaking it?
2pado
2pado

Back to top Go down

Why can't i restrict my oponent's decks in duel notes? Empty Re: Why can't i restrict my oponent's decks in duel notes?

Post  dragonsamurai77 2012-02-12, 19:02

Play in unrated; the rule only applies to rated games.

dragonsamurai77

Back to top Go down

Why can't i restrict my oponent's decks in duel notes? Empty Re: Why can't i restrict my oponent's decks in duel notes?

Post  2pado 2012-02-12, 19:12

dragonsamurai77 wrote: the rule only applies to rated games.

Thanks i didn't knew that.

And well, i guess i COULD play in unrated, but the best players are always in rated games, sadly.
2pado
2pado

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-12, 19:47

Rated has the mindset of a competitive setting, or tournament play if you will.

At tournaments, you can't exactly say "I want to enter, but I don't want to face any Dark World decks so don't pair me with them".

It's the same thing here. You can't restrict deck types with the exception of TCG or OCG format because competitive players are supposed to suck it up when facing a tier 1 deck with their tier 56 deck.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-12, 21:02

You say your a tournament player that plays high level players

in a tournament, you can't say "Meta decks only, no exodia"

you should learn to play those deck, just in case

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  2pado 2012-02-12, 21:21

Phoenix, Miror, did you read my comment? Here it is again (the important part at least):

"with no strategy or intelligence involved, therefore offering no useful or reliable playtesting feedback"

When i'm playtesting i want feeback, but those kind of decks offer none, and in a tournamet few people enter with those kind of decks and even if run into one in a tournament i don't have to follow a strategy to defeat them simply because there isn't one, you just play normally and pray your oponent doesn't draw the string of combos he needs to defeat you before you get a turn.

Phoenix Wright wrote:

There nothing to learn, i've played with and against those decks countless times, and wining or losing is just 100% luck, if you draw the correct cards in the first two turns you win, if you don't you lose, that's pretty much it.
2pado
2pado

Back to top Go down

Post  skielinfiniti 2012-02-12, 21:26

The main reason is, when in rated, you're playing for scores (rating/exp). Therefore, barring OCG/TCG restrictions for format compatibility, you have to deal with what you get. It's a bit of a gamble, but the opponent's rating and exp scores might give you an idea if they're running something good or not.

It's not a guarantee, but you can't EXPECT people to follow your restriction.

My understanding of the rule is pretty much: You can do it in the sense you're physically capable of doing it. But you can't call an Admin to have it enforced if your opponent ignored it. And because people will complain anyway, despite the rule saying they can't restrict an opponent's Deck, you're not supposed to do it.

Unrated is fair game, though.
skielinfiniti
skielinfiniti

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-12, 21:29

2pado wrote:Phoenix, Miror, did you read my comment? Here it is again (the important part at least):

"with no strategy or intelligence involved, therefore offering no useful or reliable playtesting feedback"

When i'm playtesting i want feeback, but those kind of decks offer none, and in a tournamet few people enter with those kind of decks and even if run into one in a tournament i don't have to follow a strategy to defeat them simply because there isn't one, you just play normally and pray your oponent doesn't draw the string of combos he needs to defeat you before you get a turn.

Phoenix Wright wrote:

There nothing to learn, i've played with and against those decks countless times, and wining or losing is just 100% luck, if you draw the correct cards in the first two turns you win, if you don't you lose, that's pretty much it.

If you're playtesting, do it in Unrated. Once again, you can't go to a tournament and say "I don't wanna play Dark Worlds because I'm testing something and don't wanna play meta."

Even if they don't show up in the tournaments, you still can't just refuse to play certain decks.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down