Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-counters

5 posters

Go down

A-counters Empty A-counters

Post  sinakis 2011-06-29, 22:12

I am infuriated in not being able to find a freakin' rulling on a freakin' childrens' card game!!

I am posting about the
(If a monster with an A-Counter battles an "Alien" monster, it loses 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)
written on some of the Alien archetype monsters.

What are the rules on a-counters?

wikia wrote:Note that, due to the ruling on A-Counters, you need a monster that specifically mentions the ATK and DEF decrease on the field to use that effect. However, it's cumulative, allowing for drastic ATK and DEF reduction should multiple monsters on the field mention the ATK and DEF reduction.

Another important effect of an Alien deck is the A-Counter 300 effect, an effect that reduces the ATK and DEF of a monster by 300 points for every counter on it. Most Alien monsters have this effect included, such as Alien Warrior, Alien Grey and Alien Telepath, but some with powerful effects like Alien Hypno and Alien Dog do not. Not only this, the effect that reduces the Attack of monsters fighting Aliens works for each Alien with that effect on the field. Easily explained, (Number of monsters with ability) X (Number of counters on monster) X 300 = Amount of Attack lost.

Some mention a "300" effect that stacks, some say it does not, some say the counter has the effect, some say that only when a monster that states the
(If a monster with an A-Counter battles an "Alien" monster, it loses 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)
is face-up on the field does that effect work, etc.
ummm...please help!
I could not find a valid source!

After some weeks, I finally got a reply from KONAMI. It states the following:

konami wrote:If there are no monsters on the field with the ATK/DEF reduction effect, the monster that is battling does not lose any ATK or DEF.

If there are multiple monsters on the field with the ATK/DEF reduction effect, the monster that is battling loses ATK and DEF for both of them.
I can provide a screenshot if needed.

So the reduction is calculated like this:
300*(Number of a-counters)*(Number of face-up Aliens with the effect)

So if I have two face-up Alien Warriors and an opposing monster has two a-counters on it, that monster loses 300*2*2=1200 ATK/DEF when it battles with an Alien.

My real problem is how to PROVE this is true, because many people believe I would go as far as to create a @konami.com email (if that is even possible), modify the picture I take, or the email I received.

What is your opinion on this rulling?
I would like you to give me clear answers with proof.
Thank you in advance.
sinakis
sinakis

Birthday : 1991-09-21

Back to top Go down

A-counters Empty Re: A-counters

Post  Vriska 2011-06-29, 22:16

You are correct.
They lose 300 for each counter with each of the effects on the field.
1 counter, 1 effect = -300ATK/DEF
2 counter, 1 effect = -600ATK/DEF
1 counter, 2 effect = -600ATK/DEF

This is basically common knowledge.
If people don't believe/trust you, they're pretty stupid.
Vriska
Vriska

Birthday : 1993-01-21

http://-adnrw.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sinakis 2011-06-29, 22:23

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as common knowledge due to the fact that this effect is written in stupid "()", which people believe is the effect of the counters themselves and not the monsters'!!

Can you prove what you posted? (please, I need you to do so, to refer the people who don't believe me here... Sad )
sinakis
sinakis

Back to top Go down

Post  Vriska 2011-06-29, 22:27

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/A-Counters
I also just knew it from reading the cards.
It's still common knowledge because it's printed on the card.

Who the hell thinks counters have effects?
Vriska
Vriska

Birthday : 1993-01-21

http://-adnrw.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-29, 22:34

what konami said is pretty much what is on the wikia for A-Counters, effects*#of monster with that effect*300=Attack Loss

to verify, update this equation on the wiki
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-06-30, 03:40

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Alien_Grey

here the rulings on a counters are stated. Note, that despite being "previously official" those rulings can still be taken as valid unless Konami releases other rulings which say different things.

perhaps you could contact deltaneos or atemvegeta uppon the e mail ruling, as far as I remember some of e-mailed rulings can also be stated in the rulings page, but better ask bevore Smile

Last edited by dest on 2011-06-30, 03:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some addition to the post...)
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-06-30, 07:16

It is common sense that Counters do not have effects.

Counters are not cards. Cards are the only things in the game that have effects of ANY KIND AT ALL.

Counters themselves do NOTHING except exist as a means of manipulating how related effects work.

That Spell Counter on Breaker? It has no reason to exist, except to be used as a means of manipulating how related effects work.

The counters on B.E.S. monsters? Does absolutely nothing via its own volition.

A-Counters? Pointless w/o some effect around to TALK about A-Counters.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  sinakis 2011-06-30, 09:59

This is an extract from the Rulebook:
Counters:
Some cards will require markers (called counters) to keep track of things like the number of turns, or a card's power level. You can use small objects...

I know I'm tiring you with this, but players are still saying that the effect does not stack because of the parentheses ( () ) in the card effect.
That is why I wanted a link stating that reduction effect works like this
300*(Number of a-counters on the monster battling an "Alien")*(Number of face-up Aliens with the effect)

Tip and strategy pages that have no official link are, most of the times, declared fake from opposing players.

I found this from Deus Ex Machina:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User:Deus_Ex_Machina/Sandbox#A-Counters_.26_Aliens

...If the disagreement continues ask a Staff Member to confirm the ruling. If necessary a Staff member will join your duel to help you solve the problem.
I will stick with this next time.
Thank you all for your time Smile
I'll +1 all of you when I reach the post limit!
sinakis
sinakis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down