Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding OCG/TCG play

2 posters

Go down

Regarding OCG/TCG play Empty Regarding OCG/TCG play

Post  MolotovDerp 2011-07-04, 03:28

Hello all, I've recently gotten into the game of Yu-Gi-Oh for the past few months and often bought cards via sites such as Troll n Toad. I'm still trying to get the hang of some of the more specific rulings (like priority and speeds); however what is bugging me as of late is the differences between TCG and OCG. I buy cards that I think fit my deck (Disaster Dragon build) but I am not aware of the TCG/OCG differences and how they impact me.

Such as what happens if I bought a Stardust Dragon or Dragunity Phalanx, but they were released in a different format-I don't get to use them in the different format or do I have to wait until they are released in that specific format? Stardust may have not been the best example but the whole TCG/OCG thing just confuses me. I figure Stadust is released in both though but I don't know if OCG tournaments disallow you to play a TCG released Stardust (and vice versa). I never been to a tournament before. I kinda just wanna be sure I get things right before I go. I just wanna have fun, not be hounded down for being ignorant. I've been buying cards without considering this at all. I hope I didn't waste my money on cvrds I wouldnt be allowed to use. Sad

MolotovDerp

Back to top Go down

Regarding OCG/TCG play Empty Re: Regarding OCG/TCG play

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-04, 04:07

It's actually easy to make difference in real life between TCG and OCG as long as your card has it's text and name written in English it's TCG legal from what I know, however there are some cards who are released in TCG yet they are not tournament legal like Tech Genus Hyper Librarian
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  MolotovDerp 2011-07-04, 04:18

Badass_Bunny wrote:It's actually easy to make difference in real life between TCG and OCG as long as your card has it's text and name written in English it's TCG legal from what I know, however there are some cards who are released in TCG yet they are not tournament legal like Tech Genus Hyper Librarian

What a relief! Luckily I don't have anything that new. Smile

(I'm too broke D: )

MolotovDerp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down