Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemini summon and how it works?

+3
Badass_Bunny
Zero2Hero
OpenFaceSurgery
7 posters

Go down

Gemini summon and how it works? Empty Gemini summon and how it works?

Post  OpenFaceSurgery 2011-07-08, 16:53

Recent I've added gigaplant to my deck and I'm unsure on how this gemini thing works, people have told me his effect does not work if I just tribute summon so what do I do to "normal" summon him to get his effect out? and why wouldn't I always normal summon him, what is the benefits of being a gemini?

Thanks.

OpenFaceSurgery

Back to top Go down

Gemini summon and how it works? Empty Re: Gemini summon and how it works?

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-08, 16:55

To get his effect, you have to use a normal summon on him so he can gain the effect. Gemini monsters have good support cards.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenFaceSurgery 2011-07-08, 16:58

Zero2Hero wrote:To get his effect, you have to use a normal summon on him so he can gain the effect. Gemini monsters have good support cards.

So by tributing a monster he instantly gains the effect? And if I summon with something like monster reborn or a deck type card he is not?

OpenFaceSurgery

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-08, 17:00

Basically you summon Gigaplant like you would normally would. Than you need to use your Normal Summon for the turn to have it gain it's eff or you can just use an effect such as Ultimate Offering to Gemini Summon it to have it gain effect.

If you Still don't understand

You tribute 1 Monster to Tribute Summon Gigaplant
Next turn you Gemini Summon Gigaplant(you do not need to tribute again). By doing so you can't normal summon again unless with a card effect
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenFaceSurgery 2011-07-08, 17:02

Badass_Bunny wrote:Basically you summon Gigaplant like you would normally would. Than you need to use your Normal Summon for the turn to have it gain it's eff or you can just use an effect such as Ultimate Offering to Gemini Summon it to have it gain effect.

Next turn you Gemini Summon Gigaplant(you do not need to tribute again). By doing so you can't normal summon again unless with a card effect

I see. His effect uses up your normal summon for the turn. Lame!

OpenFaceSurgery

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-08, 17:02

Thanks for explaining it better, BB.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-08, 18:27

There is an equip card called "supervise" that allows you to use the effect of a gemini monster without Gemini Summoning it
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-08, 18:51

OpenFaceSurgery wrote:
Badass_Bunny wrote:Basically you summon Gigaplant like you would normally would. Than you need to use your Normal Summon for the turn to have it gain it's eff or you can just use an effect such as Ultimate Offering to Gemini Summon it to have it gain effect.

Well exactly like that however you'd be surprised how much abuse you could do with this card...I mean 1 Lonefire Blossom and 1 Ultimate Offering can lead you to so much Monster Spam

BTW Zero2Hero I'd rather you gave me +1 so I'm not the only regular member here who looks like a douchebag cause of rep
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-07-09, 13:32

the reason it uses up your normal summon is because its a normal summon

if someone monster reborns gigaplant and normal summons it you can respond with cards like trap hole

when using alien hypno when you normal summon it while its on the field you can activate alien dog effect too
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  WrightJustice 2011-07-09, 18:51

OpenFaceSurgery wrote:
It's not that lame, it's only 1 normal summon you need to do and not every turn so once you get it into effect mode it can be a powerful asset and can work really well in plant decks from what I've heard.

WrightJustice

Birthday : 1991-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-07-10, 02:38

The posts in the thread are kinda vague, so I'll clean up a touch.

Gemini Monsters are special in the sense that they violate the usual rules of what a Normal Summon is and isn't.

Standard procedure holds that a Normal Summon is nothing more than manually removing a monster from your hand and placing it onto the field in face-up Attack Position.

For Gemini Monsters, a Normal Summon can be that OR it can be "give up 1 of your Normal Summons for the turn to stop treating this Gemini Monster as a Normal Monster." That's the only difference. Giving up a Normal Summon that way is treated the same as Normal Summoning in all other capacities, except one - there's never an additional cost for this second Summon.

The easiest way of handling this, I suppose, would be to add a caveat to the rulebook regarding Normal Summons - rather than saying "you must Tribute to Normal Summon Level 5 or higher monsters", saying "you must Tribute to Normal Summon Level 5 or higher monsters you do not control" would solve it.

The additional words "you do not control" would make clear WHY you don't need to Tribute to stop treating Gemini Monsters as Normal Monsters. It's because you currently control them already.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down