Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iris the Earth Mother

5 posters

Go down

Iris the Earth Mother Empty Iris the Earth Mother

Post  X-Metaman 2011-07-09, 05:47

I need to know if this combo works.

I have have in my field 3 Iris the earth mother,
2 of them changed name by hero mask.

Now if any chain reach chain 3,this will cause a infinite draw due the effect of 3 Iris?

Because after the chain resolves,the 3 iris will form a new chain until chain 3 and after that resolves it will activates their effects again and again.

Iris effect is:After a Chain with 3 or more Links resolves, draw 1 card. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

X-Metaman
X-Metaman

Back to top Go down

Iris the Earth Mother Empty Re: Iris the Earth Mother

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-07-09, 06:38

X-Metaman wrote:I need to know if this combo works.

I have have in my field 3 Iris the earth mother,
2 of them changed name by hero mask.

Now if any chain reach chain 3,this will cause a infinite draw due the effect of 3 Iris?

Because after the chain resolves,the 3 iris will form a new chain until chain 3 and after that resolves it will activates their effects again and again.

Iris effect is:After a Chain with 3 or more Links resolves, draw 1 card. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

I don't think so because even though the other 2 Iris has been changed by Hero Mask, the effect will still be the same
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-07-09, 07:28

This entire thread is silly and shows a huge lack of paying attention.

1) Grats, you control 3 monsters. Their names have NOTHING to do with "Iris the Earth Mother"'s effect.

2) Even if they did, how in the world would Chaining 3 Iris lead to an infinite loop? Its own text prevents that.

I at least expect people to READ the cards and rulebook before asking questions here. If we're going to respect players' requests for assistance, they can respect our requests that they first read their cards. There is no explanation for this thread's existence aside from laziness - laziness that I am in no mood or position to tolerate.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-09, 07:41

Atem, you could see how the effect could have been a little ambiguous. The effect reads "This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain." Someone could take that to mean changing the card name would make it a new effect.

All of that aside, you are a moderator, and instead of being rude to someone who is new to the forums (and maybe even new to yugioh) you should, as a more experienced player, show the person where in the text it states this can't be done, instead of insulting him.

Now, once again, all that aside, I know your a good mod, and your one of the mods on here I have the highest respect for. But I believe as a Mod, you just can't slip up like that because of your "mood". You are representing the entire DN forums, and thats not how I want to be represented
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-07-09, 07:51

I wouldn't be so sure ....

OCG rulings wrote:Q:《ライトニングパニッシャー》が自分フィールド上に3体存在、うち2体は《ヒーロー・マスク》で《E・HERO バブルマン》・《E・HERO ネオス》にカード名を変更されています。
この状態でチェーンが3つ積まれると、《ライトニングパニッシャー》が3体とも発動、そしてそのチェーンに反応して再び《ライトニングパニッシャー》が3体発動する無限ループとなりますが、この場合はどのようにしてデュエルを進行しますか?

A:この場合に限り、相手フィールドにカードが存在しなくなった時点で《ライトニングパニッシャー》の効果が発動しません。

My awesome translation wrote:Q: 3 Lightning Punisher are on the field while 1 is being treated as Elemental Hero Bubbleman and the other one is Elemental Hero Neos. If chain link 3 is reached, all 3 Lightning Punisher will be triggered, creating an infinite loop. How will the game proceed ?

A: In this case, when your opponent controls no cards, Lightning Punisher's effect does not trigger thus avoiding infinite loop

So yes, you would deck out unless you can stop the loop somehow
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  X-Metaman 2011-07-09, 09:20

Ok,Thanks for the answer Key.
X-Metaman
X-Metaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-07-10, 02:23

Yes, I was wrong. I misread the namechange as him controlling two other monsters whose name he'd changed to Iris, and there's no excuse for that considering how Mask works.

I am sorry.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down