Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"We were Never Extinct, we're Still Very Much Alive..." - Guide to the Evols.

5 posters

Go down

"We were Never Extinct, we're Still Very Much Alive..." - Guide to the Evols. Empty "We were Never Extinct, we're Still Very Much Alive..." - Guide to the Evols.

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-19, 15:27

The Guide to Evolution, Evol-Style Part 1

Table of Contents:
I – Introduction
II – Members of Society
III – Supporters of Darwin’s Theory
IV – WTF is Evolution?!
Introduction
Hello again, this is yet another guide written by Johnny Raptor! Wooooooo!!! Yeah!!!! Wooo!!! Anyway…

This archetype is special. Why, you may ask. This archetype is made up entirely of FIRE-Attribute critters with unique abilities, and a unique theme to go with them. They are based on the theory of evolution, which is amazing for just Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards in general! Anywho, the main idea here is that they do the following:

Reptile Effect Monsters (Levels 1-3) -> Dinosaur (Level 4) -> Rank 4 Dragon Xyz.

That is the main goal. Your goal is to Xyz Summon into Evolkaiser Lagia, the most powerful Xyz released for Dinosaurs exclusively. Beware that you can also Xyz into many other Rank 4 Monsters, so don’t feel limited to just Evolkaiser Lagia.
Without any further ado… here’s the archetype~!

II – Members of Society
Reptiles - Evoldo:

Evoldo Odochelys
FIRE/Reptile - Effect/2/500/1200
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Evoldar" monster from your hand.
This is the first reptile we learned about, actually. This guy’s pretty dang good, but there are somewhat better choices. This little guy at least opens up some pretty decent plays with Evoldar Cerato or Evoldar Diplodocus! =D

Evoldo Gephyros
FIRE/Reptile - Effect/1/???/???
When this card is destroyed by battle: You can target 1 "Evoldar" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.
This is also great. You can use it with One for One to set up an Evoldar to revive outta the graveyard. Use it with precaution, since it’s better to remind you that the Evoldo do not play together, since none of their effects support one another. He’s almost like a XX-Saber Emmersblade, but for our graveyard. =(

Evoldo Westlo
FIRE/Reptile - Effect/3/700/1900
FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 "Evoldar" monster from your Deck.
Have you seen Gravekeeper’s Spy? Then you know what to do with this little sucker… Run 3. No questions asked.

Dinosaurs - Evoldar:

Evoldar Vulcanodon
FIRE/Dinosaur - Effect/4/1200/1000
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of "Evoldo" monster: You can target 1 "Evoldar" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. The monster Special Summoned by this effect cannot declare an attack.
This guy began the dinosaur segment of this archetype for us, and is seemingly useful. How so? He immediately sets up the ability to go into Evolkaiser Lagia the very moment he shows up onto the field through the effect of something like that Gravekeeper’s Spy we got. =D Run 1-3. Preference is 2.

Evoldar Cerato
FIRE/Dinosaur - Effect/4/1900/1400
If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of an "Evoldo" monster, this card gains 200 ATK. After that, when this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle; you can add 1 "Evoldo" monster from your Deck to your hand.
This guy is the Shura of our archetype, and is like Jurrac Guaiba in so many senses, however he gets to be a 2100 beater if he’s brought out by the effect of the Reptile-type Pre-evolutions. Due to the correction on the text, it seems that this will only get his Shura-esque effect by being Special Summoned through the Reptile-type Pre-Evolutions... I'd say Run 3, and see if it works. If it doesn't, you can drop it to two. Do not use Fossil Dig for this Monster unless you're ready to use Odochelys to gain this card's effect.

Evoldar Diplodocus
FIRE/Dinosaur - Effect/4/1600/???
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of an "Evoldo" monster: Target 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls; Destroy it.
This guy is our personal MST that can be brought out by the Gravekeeper’s Spy we have, as well as that grave-touching Emmersblade we got, and let's not forget the mini XX-Saber Boggart Knight we managed to score ourselves too! Run 1-2.

Dragons - Evolkaiser:

Evolkaiser Lagia
FIRE/Dragon - Xyz - Effect/4/2400/2000
2 Level 4 Dinosaur-Type monsters
Detach 2 of this card's Xyz Material Monsters; Negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card OR a Normal or Special Summon of a monster and destroy it.
Our boss Monster, the most powerful Xyz to have ever lived! Although Jurracs can abuse this far more times than we can… we still haz more moves to make compared to them. (I think I just broke my heart… </3
This is the main goal. You want this guy and Steelswarm Roach on the same field, that way you can negate EVERYTHING the opponent even bothers trying with you. This is Solemn Judgment, whilst dat Steelswarm Roach will be your Solemn Warning. 4 Warnings + 2 Judgment = Holy Shat, I think I just controlled your arse.
Seriously, you NEED to summon him, or Roach ever chance you get. Run 2-3.

Spells/traps:

Fate of Evolution
Continuous Spell
When a monster is Special Summoned by the effect of an "Evoldo" monster, your opponent cannot activate the effects of Spell, Trap or Effect Monster Cards.
To some people, it’s pretty ‘meh’, but the damn thing is actually decent. It’s semi-decent, really. Run 0-3. Preference, really.

Miracle of Evolution
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 monster Special Summoned by the effect of an "Evoldo" monster: During this turn, the target cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.
Hey look, something that defends our Dinosaurs if they were brought about by it’s Reptile-type counterpart! This is good, actually… Run 1-3.

Suspension Bridge of Evolution
Normal Trap
When a monster you control is targeted for an attack: Target 1 "Evoldo" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it and change the attack target to the monster Summoned by this card's effect.
This card is our themed Decoy Dragon, except in Trap Form and more surprising. Use this to revive Gephairos and immediately gain advantage by reviving yet another Evoldar. This is the archetype’s most surprising Trap card to be sprung yet! 0.0;

III – Supporters of Darwin’s Theory
As always, there will be cards that work well into a theme. What cards, you ask? Why I’m glad you asked! Darwin enjoys being right, so let’s show him how right he was. =D

Jurrac Guaiba
Jurrac Dino
Jurrac Velo
These guys can be applied into the Evol Deck just fine in order to create an Evolrac Hybrid. Srsly.

Ultra Evolution Pill
This card works quite decently into the archetype. You can tribute a spent Vestro to Special Summon an Evoldar of your choice from your hand. It can’t hurt do that. Although this card’s a real -1. D: Run 0-2. Preference card, really. =T

Fossil Dig
A widespread RoTA that’s also at 3? Yes please! =D Run 3, no questions asked.

Offering to the Snake Deity
Tired of that useless Evoldo Vestro you’ve got on your field? Well, use this card after a Vestro -> Diplodocus play, and you’ve +2’d yourself! How? You just blew up a Spell/Trap with Diplo, and then using this to bomb 2 more cards on the opponent’s field just gives your more chances at clearing the enemy field! =D Run 1-3. It’s all preference.

Snake Whistle
This card is inevitably a RoTA-ish card for Reptiles, which allows the lower species to at least do something, but it requires them to be destroyed by a card effect. Maybe if used in tandem with Offering to the Snake Deity could this card work… Meh. Run 0-3. It’s all preferential.

Steelswarm Roach
Rank 4 | DARK | Fiend/Xyz/Effect | Stats: 1900 ATK / 0 DEF
2 Level 4 Monsters
When a Level 5 or higher monster is Special Summoned: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the Special Summonand destroy it.
Easily the best Xyz Monster out there. Use this card with Evolkaiser Lagia to gain control over the opponent’s momentum. One false move, and they get ***** hard by these two.

Number 39: Utopia
Rank 4 | LIGHT | Warrior/Xyz/Effect | Stats: 2500 ATK / 2000 DEF
2 Level 4 Monsters
When any player's monster declares an attack: You can detach 1Xyz Material from this card; negate the attack. When this card istargeted for an attack, while it has no Xyz Materials: Destroy this card.
Paired with Evolkaiser Lagia… it isn’t as amazing. Really, this is just good for blocking an attack you don’t want the opponent to go through with. Run as many as you think you need.

IV – Extinction (Temporarily)
I’m still working on this thread, day-in and day-out. Tell me if I need to add something, and I’ll do so whenever I can! Have a good one, you guys! Johnny Raptor… OUT! XP
By the by, here's pictures of the cards you'll be touching if you're into this archetype as much as I am.
https://i.imgur.com/yeEJn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wjmdP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KdkRq.jpg
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

"We were Never Extinct, we're Still Very Much Alive..." - Guide to the Evols. Empty Re: "We were Never Extinct, we're Still Very Much Alive..." - Guide to the Evols.

Post  number 39 utopia 2011-07-20, 15:27

good article man also evol archetype looks cool
the fastest way to xyz summon rank 4 xyz is by using Evoldar Vulcanodon
or the trap Suspension Bridge of Evolution did u see its art lol
if u saw u will find
Evoldo Gephyros
Evoldar Urukandon lol!
number 39 utopia
number 39 utopia

Back to top Go down

"We were Never Extinct, we're Still Very Much Alive..." - Guide to the Evols. Empty Re: "We were Never Extinct, we're Still Very Much Alive..." - Guide to the Evols.

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-20, 16:42

Hell, I actually learned recently that Shadow Lizard is a nice tech to use, but I lost interest in it when I learned it could ONLY be a Level 4 for it's Special Summon requirements... >_____>;
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-22, 12:41

Gonna give this a small push. It seems that Foolish Burial is necessary to dump a friggen' Evoldar/Evoldo for Gephairos/Suspension Bride. >____>;
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-22, 13:06

Seems Foolish is getting more and more relent these days.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Birthday : 1992-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-22, 13:26

Well, Ryko COULD do it... but he ruins the strategy a little bit. It becomes pointless to run half the archetype if Ryko's just gonna mill the important pieces. xD
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-08-10, 13:34

So I tested this today. Raigia is boss. Just says no to everything. I run 6 Jurrac. The ones that can SS the other with 1700. It works so good for quick Xyz.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-08-10, 15:50

The Jurrac engine with Flamvell Firedog and Rekindling to spam Aeolo did me in yesterday. He went into two Stardust and Ragia within three turns and every Xyz I went into got negated somehow. Kinda sucked, but I'm glad Jurrac is at least getting a comeback. I agree with a friend of mine on this, though: Evol needs another set to get more monsters.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Birthday : 1993-10-31

http://www.dreamaniacgame.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-08-10, 16:37

Im SOOO making a deck about these bad asses, anything that uses Xyz monsters should be in my decks section.
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-08-10, 20:41

I might suggest using that level 3 Jurrac tuner because nuking the field would have won be the game more than once.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-08-10, 20:44

Which one, Monoloph or Dino? And how would you be going into Meteor?
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-10, 21:40

He meant Black Rose Dragon.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-08-10, 21:42

Derp. I need to stop thinking in theme-specific.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-08-10, 21:54

I would go Dino and not Meteor, but Black Rose. I didn't even think about that it's to much work to get out.

EDIT: Sniped.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-10, 23:49

Just today, I made Illumiknight.

I recommend him. He actually gets sticky and dead Evoldars out of the hand, and lets you draw a card to replace it.

Granted, the card takes work to get out, but spamming Level 4's is our thing, and therefore, should not take too much work to get done.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down