Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrongfully Banned THREE TIMES NOW.

5 posters

Go down

Wrongfully Banned THREE TIMES NOW. Empty Wrongfully Banned THREE TIMES NOW.

Post  stygzilla 2011-07-25, 11:52

This post will be semi-long, but if you're a top moderator or admin here I really recommend you read my post as it covers several important topics. I'm very sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors I make, but I'm running on no sleep and water.

Before you read, yes I'm going to use caps lock multiple times to emphasize the message I'm trying to convey. I find it offensive to be ignored by the sole fact that I've decided to capitalize parts of my text, anyone who has an issue with caps lock needs to stop and ask themselves why they dislike seeing letters in a different font, perhaps you've been conditioned to think it's wrong as in most cases (purely embedded in your subconscious). Just think, I'm calm and collected while I type this post, I am however, very displeased with this situation and I would certainly not be bringing it up if I didn't think it were a major issue. I will try to keep the post intelligent and civil, but this "moderating" staff really is laughable.

The moderators you have "moderating" duelist network are absolute TRASH for lack of better words. I have been banned wrongfully three times now and have not been able to get a word in edge-wise in two of these bans. The most recent, about 30 minutes ago, the moderator was VERY VERY rude to me and did not listen to my side of the story. I'm going to be honest, I'm pretty pissed off right now about this. I realize that duelist network is free, but that's no reason for it to be poorly moderated. Your mod's have displayed laziness and poor judgement in all three of my bans and this is just unacceptable. Now that the purpose of this thread is clearly been displayed, I will elaborate and provide points on why I think I was wrongfully banned, and why I think you should be a little more critical on who you chose to "moderate" your platform.

The first time I was banned was actually two bans that got combined. I was playing against a person who had refused to play by the rules even after I looked up the ruling and posted them in chat for him to clearly read. I repeatedly asked him to admit defeat after I had won the game and he repeatedly refused. I attempted for 15 minutes to contact every "moderator" online at the time and didn't receive a response from any of them. I opened general chat and spammed 4 times something along the lines of, "CAN I PLEASE GET A MOD FOR GOD'S SAKE." I was threatened by a "moderator" not to use all caps again or I'd be kicked. THAT WAS AN INSULT AFTER I HAD BEEN SENDING MESSAGES EVERY WAY POSSIBLE FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES. So naturally, being my natural self I told them "moderator" that I had tried to contact them multiple times about an issue and received no response, therefore the correct action to take was naturally to spam again. KICKED FROM THE SERVER. I lose the game that I was trying to get help with and get kicked. Hmm, yes, that "moderator" was definitely doing his job. Reminds me of a teacher I had in high school, we were required to wear uniforms, Navy Blue Shirts and Khaki slacks. The teacher "taught" math, but it was very questionable if she knew the material herself. She was known as the "Don't get caught with your shirt untucked or your ass is getting yelled at" teacher. Basically your "moderator" did the same thing in one aspect, "I'm not going to help this person out, but if he talks in ALL CAPS I'm going to home in on that like a heat-seeking missile." I log back in and proceed to find another adversary and alas, I run into the same problem two games in a row, however, this person takes it to another level. After defeating him, I politely ask to admit defeat, but he take's it upon himself to alter the game state to make it look favorable toward a "moderator" that he had summoned. I find it peculiar that just five minutes earlier I couldn't for the life of me get help with an issue, but this jackass can get one almost instantaneously. The mod comes in and gives us both a rating and reputation decrease and doesn't even give me a chance to give my side of the story. The person the messages me and says I'm going to send screen shots of chat to admins and get you banned. I'll admit, I used offensive language with this guy, but at the time I felt it was called for. I don't like dealing with idiots, as I have better things to do with my time. I log off of duelist network for a few hours only to come back to find that I'm banned for 4 days. FOUR DAYS FOR OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE. World of Warcraft is a much larger and better maintained game than duelist network, naturally because of the humongous budget blizzard has, but still FOUR DAYS for OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HOW OLD ARE THE "MODERATORS" HERE, 12?

The most recent of my three bans, was a few minutes ago. I played against some guy with underscores between each letter in his name. He was playing six samurais, and samurais are CONSTANTLY receiving hate by all Yu-gi-oh players, even the one's running the decks themselves because the realize that a monkey could competitively play the deck. After a few turns of just draw, end, draw, end, he naturally OTK's with a swarm of samurais, Kizan, Great Shogun, Hand, and Grandmaster will just about do it. I make the comment, and I quote, "I should A.S.S. you for playing sams Sad." Exactly as that is written, does that seem malicious or even serious? I laugh at anyone who would take that seriously. Of course jackass #2 takes it seriously and goes on the defensive. He insults me multiple times and threatens to get a "judge" if I refuse to admit defeat. I ask him multiple times to ask me politely and he refused. The "moderator," "Flower" enters our game and jackass #2 begins giving the guy the run down, I am the root of all evil of course. I politely ask for an explanation of what the A.S.S. button was for, because I had seriously considered using it after the unsportsmanlike opponent has insulted me more than three times. I was told by your "moderator," "I should ban you for threatening my members." Pardon my french, but seriously WHAT THE !@#$ IS THAT? HIS/HER MEMBERS? ARE THESE PEOPLE FRIENDS OR SOMETHING? The "moderator" repeatedly threatens me to admit defeat "or else." There's no way I'm admitting defeat to someone who is going to be an asshole after I try to use humor to play off a loss. You do that in person and I'm definitely going to make you look stupid in front of all of your little friends, like I stated earlier, I have no TIME or TOLERANCE for this. "MODERATOR FLOWER LOL" get's lazy of course and continues his/her conversation about street fighter in general chat. I get kicked and receive a one day ban.

If you're even reading at this point you'll realize all of my cases up to this point share something in common. The "moderator" either doesn't take the time to respond, or believes the first thing they're told regardless of if the person is lying or not because that takes too much of their time. I have personally moderated forums, and lead guilds on Warcraft for years, and when you accept a position of moderator, you accept all of the responsibility that comes with it.
You don't take the action that is most convenient for you at the time, you don't just ban people to avoid having to do the work of investigating the issue. Again, I highly doubt in today's society that the vast majority of anyone who opened this thread even read to the second or third paragraph of this post, but if you have I thank you for reading my pseudo-rant-concerns.

stygzilla

Back to top Go down

Wrongfully Banned THREE TIMES NOW. Empty Re: Wrongfully Banned THREE TIMES NOW.

Post  Goddess nX 2011-07-25, 11:59

OK lets see here.

You were banned for harassing mods constant spam, then you were banned for trolling and now this

http://www.text-upload.com/read.php?id=110614&c=8537985

I think its safe to say the mods are doing their jobs

~Flower

Last edited by Goddess nX on 2011-07-25, 12:04; edited 1 time in total
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-25, 12:00

Wrongful A.S.S.ing, insulting mods, constant spam, and trolling.

That is what your ban status says.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  stygzilla 2011-07-25, 12:07

Ok so you can't even see what was said before you entered the room? That's just perfect. How do you know what was said at all? How do you know he didn't threaten me to high heaven and I didn't say anything?

stygzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-25, 12:11

stygzilla wrote:Ok so you can't even see what was said before you entered the room? That's just perfect. How do you know what was said at all? How do you know he didn't threaten me to high heaven and I didn't say anything?

Your ban is temporary, get over it and come back more mature.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  stygzilla 2011-07-25, 12:12

vantagesp wrote:Wrongful A.S.S.ing, insulting mods, constant spam, and trolling.

You're damn right I'm going to insult mod's if I'm getting banned because some kid lies to you and you believe every word they say. I have only personally dealt with one of you so as usual, you only know what people tell you because you aren't given the proper tools to execute your duties. You should be given full chat logs so that you can read through and weigh out the options of who is right and who is wrong, not whoever came to you first. How would you like it if you were accused of a crime that you didn't participate in, but you were charged for it anyway? The gravity of these situations doesn't amount to a modicum of a felony, but it's essentially the same idea.

stygzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-07-25, 12:15

stygzilla wrote:
vantagesp wrote:Wrongful A.S.S.ing, insulting mods, constant spam, and trolling.

You're damn right I'm going to insult mod's if I'm getting banned because some kid lies to you and you believe every word they say. I have only personally dealt with one of you so as usual, you only know what people tell you because you aren't given the proper tools to execute your duties. You should be given full chat logs so that you can read through and weigh out the options of who is right and who is wrong, not whoever came to you first. How would you like it if you were accused of a crime that you didn't participate in, but you were charged for it anyway? The gravity of these situations doesn't amount to a modicum of a felony, but it's essentially the same idea.

So...let me get this straight

In your long post you ADMITTED YOU LOST. Then you want to explain your side? What is there to explain? You lost. I kindly asked you to admit defeat. You go off for no reason. I have to deal with you. Simple enough
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  stygzilla 2011-07-25, 12:16

vantagesp wrote:
stygzilla wrote:Ok so you can't even see what was said before you entered the room? That's just perfect. How do you know what was said at all? How do you know he didn't threaten me to high heaven and I didn't say anything?

Your ban is temporary, get over it and come back more mature.

Lol, how can you even dare to tell me to come back more mature, you have a little pony as an avatar and anime characters in your signature. These are children's programs. My first post was well thought out and posted in a professional vernacular for the most part. If anything you should thank me for trying to make this website better. You sir need to step off your high horse before you go to the 11th grade that way you don't get any accidental wedgies or swirlys in my honest and humble opinion.

stygzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-25, 12:17

stygzilla wrote:

You have several strikes, I am sure you were wrongfully accused for all of them. Even if there is injustice, insulting mods is never good. If you were pulled over by a cop would you insult him? No, that would be stupidity. Sometimes you have to step down and realize when it is not worth the fight. Insulting mods/admins/etc. causes more problems and makes you look even worse, and gives them the right proof to ban you.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  stygzilla 2011-07-25, 12:18

Goddess nX wrote:
stygzilla wrote:

So...let me get this straight

In your long post you ADMITTED YOU LOST. Then you want to explain your side? What is there to explain? You lost. I kindly asked you to admit defeat. You go off for no reason. I have to deal with you. Simple enough

HOW INTELLIGENT ARE YOU? THE MATTER WASN'T IF I LOST OR NOT!! The guy insulted me multiple times, and there is no button to press for unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm not just going to sit there and take it. Sure I can just let it go, but if we just let it go the United States would have never existed. You people need to start using your brain for Christ sake.

stygzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-25, 12:18

Banned. I told you to stop insulting mods. To judge me because I have a pony avatar and cute anime girls in my sig is just plain absurd. I was trying to help you. Obviously your blind anger has blocked all reason with you. I will not allow you to sit here and insult me, learn how to treat authority. Also, I am 19, I am in college. Not 10th grade going into 11th. Just thought I would clear things up for ya!

Penguin Soldier
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-07-26, 03:52

stygzilla wrote:
Lol, how can you even dare to tell me to come back more mature, you have a little pony as an avatar and anime characters in your signature. These are children's programs. My first post was well thought out and posted in a professional vernacular for the most part. If anything you should thank me for trying to make this website better. You sir need to step off your high horse before you go to the 11th grade that way you don't get any accidental wedgies or swirlys in my honest and humble opinion.

You're saying your first post is professional while it is just another rant/complaint that we have to read.
I don't find a complaint anywhere near professional if it consist of foul language (even if it's censored) or insulting any other person(s)

You have something against ponies ? Well, why does that even matter or relates to one's age/intelligence if its that person's interest; while I can argue that Yu-Gi-Oh is a childish game thus if you're playing or involved, it indicates you're childish
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-26, 05:15

Before I analyze this and make a decision I would like to say one thing:

If you (or any member) has a problem with ANY of the dueling network staff you take the issue to them privately. If that is not possible, or you feel it is not possible, you take the issue to ANOTHER dueling network staff member, privately once again. You do not instead criticize the entire staff as a single entity. This is called generalizing and in this sense it is the wrong thing to do.

Let me begin.

stygzilla wrote:Before you read, yes I'm going to use caps lock multiple times to emphasize the message I'm trying to convey. I find it offensive to be ignored by the sole fact that I've decided to capitalize parts of my text, anyone who has an issue with caps lock needs to stop and ask themselves why they dislike seeing letters in a different font, perhaps you've been conditioned to think it's wrong as in most cases (purely embedded in your subconscious)
I will start with this. Caps lock or capitals is a way of expressing your emotions online, just like how tone of voice can be a method of expressing your emotions in real life. Let me define to you want we as staff see as caps lock on dueling network. THIS IS CONSIDERED YELLING AND BEING AGGRESSIVE. This is CONSIDERED emphasizing a specific POINT. So what's the difference? Aggressive behavior such as the first sentence is not permitted in Dueling Network public chat. If you have a problem with this, then avoid the public chat. Period.

stygzilla wrote:The first time I was banned was actually two bans that got combined. I was playing against a person who had refused to play by the rules even after I looked up the ruling and posted them in chat for him to clearly read. I repeatedly asked him to admit defeat after I had won the game and he repeatedly refused. I attempted for 15 minutes to contact every "moderator" online at the time and didn't receive a response from any of them. I opened general chat and spammed 4 times something along the lines of, "CAN I PLEASE GET A MOD FOR GOD'S SAKE." I was threatened by a "moderator" not to use all caps again or I'd be kicked. THAT WAS AN INSULT AFTER I HAD BEEN SENDING MESSAGES EVERY WAY POSSIBLE FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES. So naturally, being my natural self I told them "moderator" that I had tried to contact them multiple times about an issue and received no response, therefore the correct action to take was naturally to spam again.
Naturally? Spam is a natural thing when you are not given immediate attention straight away? Boy do we have a problem if this is what all 5000 online members during our peak period think. Spam is NEVER a natural or acceptable response to any situation on Dueling Network. If you think spam is going to give you attention then you are correct. But it will be attention for all the wrong reasons. If your excuse is: "well you didn't respond to my PM" then that is also ridiculous on another scale. Moderators cannot attend to every PM they receive in seconds, but of course we do encourage it, when I say that the staff I know on a more personal level are doing their job correctly then I mean it. The take home message is this: spam is not the answer ever. If waiting patiently for a staff member to respond is not the type of thing you want to do then I cannot help you on this matter. If you would like to see the written rules please visit our rules and terms of service section.

stygzilla wrote: The mod comes in and gives us both a rating and reputation decrease and doesn't even give me a chance to give my side of the story. The person the messages me and says I'm going to send screen shots of chat to admins and get you banned. I'll admit, I used offensive language with this guy, but at the time I felt it was called for. I don't like dealing with idiots, as I have better things to do with my time. I log off of duelist network for a few hours only to come back to find that I'm banned for 4 days. FOUR DAYS FOR OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE. World of Warcraft is a much larger and better maintained game than duelist network, naturally because of the humongous budget blizzard has, but still FOUR DAYS for OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HOW OLD ARE THE "MODERATORS" HERE, 12?

Both a rating and reputation decrease is beyond me. Moderators cannot do this in Dueling Network so I'm not exactly sure what happened here. The only thing a moderator can do is either kick a single duelist from the duel or ask you to offer a draw. I believe the latter (however this doesn't decrease both your rating and reputation, the effect on your rating is proportionate to the duelists rating in game). Regardless, when you are asked to offer a draw, you offer a draw.

Staff currently have no way of being able to distinguish between who is lying and who is not without evidence. Evidence which most staff don't need because 80% of the time the liar can be easily deduced. Otherwise, the correct process is a draw. By then proceeding to insult and use offensive language to your opponent is unacceptable, regardless what did or did not happen. Take the draw and move on, if there was evidence of your opponent cheating in the chat log you should have screenshot-ed or logged this in a way to show as proof. Yes, you will get banned for offensive language. Do not do it under any circumstance especially in front of staff, this may lead to a ban if you are using it to an unhealthy extent. If you felt your ban was to long. Appeals can be made here.

stygzilla wrote:After a few turns of just draw, end, draw, end, he naturally OTK's with a swarm of samurais, Kizan, Great Shogun, Hand, and Grandmaster will just about do it. I make the comment, and I quote, "I should A.S.S. you for playing sams Sad." Exactly as that is written, does that seem malicious or even serious? I laugh at anyone who would take that seriously. Of course jackass #2 takes it seriously and goes on the defensive. He insults me multiple times and threatens to get a "judge" if I refuse to admit defeat. I ask him multiple times to ask me politely and he refused. The "moderator," "Flower" enters our game and jackass #2 begins giving the guy the run down, I am the root of all evil of course. I politely ask for an explanation of what the A.S.S. button was for, because I had seriously considered using it after the unsportsmanlike opponent has insulted me more than three times. I was told by your "moderator," "I should ban you for threatening my members." Pardon my french, but seriously WHAT THE !@#$ IS THAT? HIS/HER MEMBERS? ARE THESE PEOPLE FRIENDS OR SOMETHING? The "moderator" repeatedly threatens me to admit defeat "or else." There's no way I'm admitting defeat to someone who is going to be an asshole after I try to use humor to play off a loss. You do that in person and I'm definitely going to make you look stupid in front of all of your little friends, like I stated earlier, I have no TIME or TOLERANCE for this. "MODERATOR FLOWER LOL" get's lazy of course and continues his/her conversation about street fighter in general chat. I get kicked and receive a one day ban.
I am actually appalled that you even wrote any of this. The above is plain and simply in internet terms called "trolling", is this against the rules in our terms of service?

When a duel ends you need to admit defeat. Simple. I personally do not blame your opponent because the way you just wrote this, I believe you would have provoked him into having to call a staff member. "ask you nicely?" What s this supposed to prove? You lose. You admit defeat. Your opponent does not need to ask you "nicely" or dance around you while throwing rose petals while you press admit defeat. This is a game. You lose, you lose. You win, you win. No questions asked, no comments needed. I hope this immaturity doesn't return with you once the ban is over.

stygzilla wrote:If you're even reading at this point you'll realize all of my cases up to this point share something in common. The "moderator" either doesn't take the time to respond, or believes the first thing they're told regardless of if the person is lying or not because that takes too much of their time. I have personally moderated forums, and lead guilds on Warcraft for years, and when you accept a position of moderator, you accept all of the responsibility that comes with it.
You don't take the action that is most convenient for you at the time, you don't just ban people to avoid having to do the work of investigating the issue. Again, I highly doubt in today's society that the vast majority of anyone who opened this thread even read to the second or third paragraph of this post, but if you have I thank you for reading my pseudo-rant-concerns.

All of your final points true. Moderators should not do any of the above. If you feel that their is something wrong, you contact staff with appropriate evidence to lodge a complaint. What you have done however is rant about "this and that" that may or may not have happened. However as I have shown, in all cases you were to blame for not thinking about the actions you took and further worsening situations that should not have been worsened to begin with.

When your ban is lifted I hope that you take my suggestions into consideration:
- Do not spam dueling network's communications methods under any circumstance.
- Do not use offensive language under any circumstance to any member or staff. Remain calm and instead try to sort things out in an professional manner. Staff will not deal with hostile members because in a sense.. it is entirely pointless.
- Do not refuse to admit defeat because your opponent did not ask you nicely. Instead do it when you lose.

This will be locked to prevent the further hostility between you and staff. If you have a problem or like to discuss the matter further you send me a PM in the forum, do not make another topic.

Locked.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down