Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activation and Activation of Effect

+2
Malicious
Halberdier
6 posters

Go down

Solved Activation and Activation of Effect

Post  Halberdier 2011-07-28, 15:47

During a duel, only a couple of minutes ago, my opponent activated Dark World Lightning.

I had two set cards, Gladiator Beast Retiari and Gladiator Beast Equeste.

They targeted one set Gladiator Beast[s War Chariot. Because Gladiator Beast's War Chariot's only activation requirements were at least 1 faceup Gladiator Beast, I was under the impression that I could activate it in chain to Lightning, so that it would lose it's target and my opponent would not get to discard a Dark World monster.

I had no intention of activating it's effect, only activating the card, for no effect.

https://2img.net/h/oi55.tinypic.com/104p08p.jpg That's a screenshot of me being kicked by Chief, who apparently aggressively disagreed with my answer to the question.

I was kicked, and then we had this brief conversation, so that I'd have evidence to confirm what exactly happened, to get me kicked.
https://2img.net/h/oi55.tinypic.com/eao293.jpg

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Activate
This is a link to the yugioh wiki, explaining activation.

To compare it to something like activating Threatening Roar on your opponent's endphase. It would have no effect, but it could still be activated.

In conclusion, I'm curious to see what the answer to this question is (Whether or not I could have activated Chariot), especially because in the case I was correct, Chief's competence comes into question.

He was in the right to kick me after I disagreed with his verdict three times, but he doesn't seem like a very good choice of moderator if his verdict was wrong three times.
Halberdier
Halberdier
€5,000,000,000
€5,000,000,000

Birthday : 1995-01-19

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Activation and Activation of Effect

Post  Malicious 2011-07-28, 16:12

Well I don't think you could chain that. I'm not a big yugioh player but I think the activation of that trap has specific guide lines because of its effect. You can't just activate any trap at any given time just because. For that trap card a specific thing has happen in order to activate it.

For example you can't activate trap hole for no reason because a monster has to be summoned.

So for chariot, you can't activate because you have to have at least 1 gladiator beast face up and 1 effect monster that has activated its effect.
Malicious
Malicious

Back to top Go down

Post  jacobjordanisabear 2011-07-28, 16:47

You wouldn't be able to activate "Gladiator Beast War Chariot" due to the fact that you didn't have a face-up GB. The activation requirement of the card is to have the 1 face-up GB. For example, "Trap Dustshoot" requires that your opponent has 4 or more cards in hand in order to activate the card. Even if your opponent was to decrease their hand size after activation of "Trap Dustshoot" it's effect would still resolve correctly because the opponent only changed the activation requirement. Hope this helps.
jacobjordanisabear
jacobjordanisabear

Birthday : 1991-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Halberdier 2011-07-28, 16:55

I had Gladiator Beast Equeste and Gladiator Beast Retiari.
Halberdier
Halberdier
€5,000,000,000
€5,000,000,000

Birthday : 1995-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-28, 17:12

this is like saying thar just because you have life points you can activate solemn warning or solemn judgment in response to nothing. No. war chariot requires a face up gladiator beast and requires you to respond to the activation of an effect mosters effect.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tester12342 2011-07-29, 12:42

You didn't have a face up monster so you couldn't have activated War Chariot and assuming you just forgot to mention that you did have a face up GB monster in the field since you said both monsters were set so I assume that they were face down, you still couldn't have activated it since you need to activate it in response to an effect monsters effect.

Also your comparison fails since Threatening Roars requirement is to be activated in the opponents turn and their end phase is still considered part of their turn.

tester12342

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-12, 23:08

For the aforementioned reasons, you cannot activate Chariot in that scenario.

Solved & closed.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down