Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Darkness dragon

3 posters

Go down

Light and Darkness dragon Empty Light and Darkness dragon

Post  prominense 2011-05-16, 21:52

If Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror is already on the field and Light and Darkness Dragon is summoned, is Light and Darkness Dragon negated?

I'm wondering because his effect makes him dark, but then he would be negated so hes not dark anymore, so hes not negated which makes him dark again.. at least that's what I think
prominense
prominense

Back to top Go down

Light and Darkness dragon Empty Re: Light and Darkness dragon

Post  Nicker Ridders 2011-05-16, 23:24

prominense wrote:If Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror is already on the field and Light and Darkness Dragon is summoned, is Light and Darkness Dragon negated?

I'm wondering because his effect makes him dark, but then he would be negated so hes not dark anymore, so hes not negated which makes him dark again.. at least that's what I think

Shadow Imprisoning Mirror wrote:When the effect of a DARK monster activates on the field or in the Graveyard, negate it.

As LaDD's effect to being DARK while face-up on the field is continuous, it doesn't activate. So SIM can't negate that. What will happen is whenever LaDD would chain to a Spell/Trap or Monster effect to try and negate it. When LaDD's effect goes to resolve, SIM would see that LaDD is DARK and say "Hell no!", then negate LaDD's effect.

Since SIM is also a continuous effect. It basically means LaDD will be unable to negate anything. EDIT - If LaDD then dies and activates his other effect, since he isn't face-up on the field anymore, he isn't DARK so SIM can't negate his graveyard effect. Light Imprisoning Mirror would negate both his effects. That's what I get for answering rulings at 4am, a mistake Very Happy
Nicker Ridders
Nicker Ridders

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-05-17, 05:30

I'm sure you know this since you seem to know your rulings but if they summon ladd and you activate your mirror ladd will negate it. However if you activate bottomless or prison on ladd then chain the mirror to his effect it will negate his effect then your prison or bottomless will remove him anyways. Abusing his once per chain effect is the best way to nail him.
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Birthday : 1993-10-22

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  prominense 2011-05-17, 07:05

Nicker Ridders wrote:As LaDD's effect to being DARK while face-up on the field is continuous, it doesn't activate. So SIM can't negate that. What will happen is whenever LaDD would chain to a Spell/Trap or Monster effect to try and negate it. When LaDD's effect goes to resolve, SIM would see that LaDD is DARK and say "Hell no!", then negate LaDD's effect.
Since SIM is also a continuous effect. It basically means LaDD will be unable to negate anything. EDIT - If LaDD then dies and activates his other effect, since he isn't face-up on the field anymore, he isn't DARK so SIM can't negate his graveyard effect. Light Imprisoning Mirror would negate both his effects. That's what I get for answering rulings at 4am, a mistake

summary, ladd still treated as light and darkness attribut, but can't either negate and special summon monster?

Minako wrote:I'm sure you know this since you seem to know your rulings but if they summon ladd and you activate your mirror ladd will negate it. However if you activate bottomless or prison on ladd then chain the mirror to his effect it will negate his effect then your prison or bottomless will remove him anyways. Abusing his once per chain effect is the best way to nail him.

in this case, mirror already activated before ladd summoned
prominense
prominense

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-05-17, 07:33

Yeah I know you meant if it was already active on the field. Let me break it down for you.

Ladd as three effects and one restriction. It can't be special summoned.

It's first effect is continuous. It is treated as a dark monster while it is face up on the field. Continuous effects do not activate and they do not start chains. They are simply always in effect. Shadow mirror negates the effects of dark monsters once they activate. Since this effect never activates it is not affected. Now for the second effect.

His second effect will be negated because he is treated as a dark monster. Therefor every time he goes to reduce his attack and negate your card he is negated by mirror. No atk/def reduction and no negation.

His last effect activates in the graveyard. Now his first effect which makes him a dark attribute monster isn't active since he is no longer on the field. So he is only a light monster now. So his 3rd effect of destroying your cards and special summoning slips by the shadow mirror.

Understand?
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Birthday : 1993-10-22

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  prominense 2011-05-17, 07:42

Minako wrote:Yeah I know you meant if it was already active on the field. Let me break it down for you.

Ladd as three effects and one restriction. It can't be special summoned.

It's first effect is continuous. It is treated as a dark monster while it is face up on the field. Continuous effects do not activate and they do not start chains. They are simply always in effect. Shadow mirror negates the effects of dark monsters once they activate. Since this effect never activates it is not affected. Now for the second effect.

His second effect will be negated because he is treated as a dark monster. Therefor every time he goes to reduce his attack and negate your card he is negated by mirror. No atk/def reduction and no negation.

His last effect activates in the graveyard. Now his first effect which makes him a dark attribute monster isn't active since he is no longer on the field. So he is only a light monster now. So his 3rd effect of destroying your cards and special summoning slips by the shadow mirror.

Understand?

oh, i see study
thanks for your explanation Very Happy
prominense
prominense

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-05-17, 08:25

Anytime. I'm glad I could help.
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor