Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chain Material + Vehicroid Connection Zone

+3
BlackwingRa
dest
ScottishFox
7 posters

Go down

Solved Chain Material + Vehicroid Connection Zone

Post  ScottishFox 2011-08-14, 20:09

Vehicroid Connection Zone: "Send to the Graveyard, from your side of the field or your hand, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a "Vehicroid" Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) The Fusion Monster Special Summoned by this card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters, and its effects cannot be negated."

Chain Material: "Any time you Fusion Summon a monster this turn, you can remove from play, from your side of the field, Deck, hand or Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on the Fusion Monster Card, and use them as Fusion Material Monsters. You cannot attack during the turn this card is activated. If you used this effect for a Fusion Summon, the Summoned Fusion Monster is destroyed during the End Phase."

I'm confused... i know how to use Vehicroid Connection Zone no problem since i run a Vehicroid deck, but Chain Material confuses me... "Any time you Fusion Summon a monster this turn". It confuses me because it sounds like i need to summon a fusion monster and then i use Chain Material to summon another one!... or do i use Chain Material as a chain with VCZ?
ScottishFox
ScottishFox

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Chain Material + Vehicroid Connection Zone

Post  dest 2011-08-14, 20:29

it doesn't need to be in chain or anything. Just activate it. Let it resolve. And then fusion summon what you want with your fusion cards.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottishFox 2011-08-14, 20:35

Are you sure? After all you have to admit it's called 'Chain' Material.
ScottishFox
ScottishFox

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-08-14, 21:23

Chain Material is just a supporter to "Fusion" Cards, because you must use "Fusion" Cards or "Polymerization" to Fusion Summon, and Chain Material will help the "Fusion" Cards to be used easier (although we use Chain Material for Zero, Shining and some Fusion monsters that cannot be destroyed by effect).
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottishFox 2011-08-14, 21:27

So basically, when a fusion card is activated you can then activate Chain Material and chain it to the fusion card to make getting the materials easier?
ScottishFox
ScottishFox

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-08-14, 21:41

Right, but Chain Material can be activated at any time you want, example at Draw Phase.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-08-14, 22:38

no, chain material does not do fusion summons
you need polymerization / super poly / fusion gate etc for fusion summon.

So you active chain material first to make it effect active

THEN you do fusion summon

(and you can choose whenver you want use chain material effect, or just normal fusion without chain material effect)
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-08-14, 23:10

kangtuji wrote:no, chain material does not do fusion summons
you need polymerization / super poly / fusion gate etc for fusion summon.

So you active chain material first to make it effect active

THEN you do fusion summon

(and you can choose whenver you want use chain material effect, or just normal fusion without chain material effect)
Sorry I forgot. You're right, in order to fusion summon with the effect of Chain Material, you have to do the same things kangtuji said. If you want to chain Chain Material to Fusion cards, you must have the appropriate Fusion Materials in the places that fulfill the requirements of the Fusion cards to activate the Fusion cards first.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-15, 04:45

Yes, in order to use Chain Material you need to have a card would perform a fusion summon. Chain Material itself doesn't perform Fusion Summon or starts a chain, it simply lets you use cards from anywhere when trying to perform Fusion Summon.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBlackRoseGuy 2011-11-09, 00:34

You can use Chain Matieral anytime during the turn. You can activate Chain Material b4 you activate your fusion spell card. It's more strategic to activate Chain Matieral first. If ...

CL1: Fusion Spell
CL2: Chain Material
CL3: Seven Tools, etc.

In that scenario if CM is negated, now you cant use materials from the deck/grave and your fusion spell that you activated becomes a dud and you lose it.

If you use CM first, you can see if your opponent has anything. if he does, then you dont lose your fusion spell.

Also i noticed you asked this same question, word for word, on Duelist Genesis Academy on Jul. 28

Then you ask again on Aug 14. WHy the big gap?
TheBlackRoseGuy
TheBlackRoseGuy

Birthday : 1994-01-05

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlackRoseguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-11-09, 00:36

No necro-posting. Locked.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down