Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Remove Unwise Admins/Mods that Rule Unfairly

+5
{EX} TheVoid
[S]tarstrike
Badass_Bunny
snow
TheSonicVision
9 posters

Go down

Please Remove Unwise Admins/Mods that Rule Unfairly Empty Please Remove Unwise Admins/Mods that Rule Unfairly

Post  TheSonicVision 2011-09-03, 13:24

Short version: Dismiss nerofe. He canceled a game I was winning because he
"had to go."

Long version:

Ok, I realize this is just a game. I realize "rated" games here don't mean much in
the grand scheme of things. However, I'm really tired of unwise and unfair
decisions by the admins/mods that rob me of wins.

I'm not going to go so far as to call it abuse this time. In a previous event,
the admin. was just a complete jerk and I hope he was dismissed
immediately.

This time, the culprit is nerofe. Now, he doesn't seem like a bad guy. He
was immediately apologetic about his decision. But he made a poor, poor
choice in canceling my duel when I had a dominant winning position and
my opponent blatantly cheated.

If he has enough time to answer my request, sit in the duel and weigh
the situation, then he has enough time to make the correct decision.

I'm not providing any screenshots this time, as nerofe seems like an honorable
person. I'll just provide some quotes from the duel to support my claim.

The Scenario: My opponent is playing Infernities. He has two f/d backrows.
I am able to summon Trish, use her effect and swing. Therefore, I know
these two backrows he has are unlikely to stop me from summoning or attacking.

I'm beating him in hand advantage, 6-3. Two of the 3 cards in his hand
seem to not be useful, based on his play the last few turns. I'm playing
Chaos Agents. I have in hand: Herald of Orange, Shine Ball, Venus, BLS, MST,
Fader.

I'm prepared to negate any monster effect he uses and then (most likely)
wreak havoc next turn.

He accidentally reveals one of his traps. He's a very young and very new player
(I can tell by the way he talks about the game). He decides to RETURN all his
f/d cards to hand, shuffle his hand, and set four.

Clearly, this is unfair to me, since i have kept track of his backrows. I
plan to MST any new one that he sets.

He proceeds to speak in a childish manner about how it's "unfair" and then
floods the field with illegal spam summoning.

I call in nerofe. He joins the table. I explain the situation. He's there
for about 3 minutes. He makes no comment. He does not ask both sides to speak.

Instead, he just cancels the duel. Wtf? So, I called a mod to ensure a victory
and he takes it way from me? I proceed to PM nerofe and complain.

What was his reason? He says he "had to go" and because I would "PM him again"
he just canceled my duel and left the game, instead of saying "hey, I don't
have the time to decide on this. Ask another mod."

TheSonicVision: whyd id you CANCEL it?
TheSonicVision: i was clearly winning o0
TheSonicVision: i had heral and a fairy in hand
nerofe: just to dont have more problems
TheSonicVision: he had no asnwers
TheSonicVision: and was just cheating and spam sync'ng for no reaosmn
TheSonicVision: o0
nerofe: like we are 4 mods
nerofe: for 5000 users
nerofe: so plz
TheSonicVision: why did you CANCEL it?
TheSonicVision: i understand
TheSonicVision: but that is a terrible decision
nerofe: sorry
TheSonicVision: he mad ean illegal play in a losing position
nerofe: but u wold pm me agab
TheSonicVision: ay caramba. it's ok iguess
nerofe: again cuz i wold need to leave
TheSonicVision: just a gameyou guys need to listen more. thanks anyway
TheSonicVision: i may have to repor tthis
TheSonicVision: this is just silly

TheSonicVision

Back to top Go down

Please Remove Unwise Admins/Mods that Rule Unfairly Empty Re: Please Remove Unwise Admins/Mods that Rule Unfairly

Post  snow 2011-09-03, 13:36

If the Admin/Mod cancelled you game it was for a reason the dont do it just for the heck of it all i can really say that it's just one game you can easily win back the amount of point's you lost another thing is i would reccomend you messaging the person who "cancelled your game instead of making topic's like this cause other people are going to come and the one's who are in the same perdicament as you will start stuff hope this helps
snow
snow

Birthday : 1992-06-22

Back to top Go down

Please Remove Unwise Admins/Mods that Rule Unfairly Empty Re: Please Remove Unwise Admins/Mods that Rule Unfairly

Post  TheSonicVision 2011-09-03, 13:44

If the Admin/Mod cancelled you game it was for a reason the dont do it just for the heck of it all

^ but that's where you're wrong. sometimes, admins do it "just for the heck of it
all." if you have the time, please read my original post. nerofe did not assess
the situation. it was incredibly clear (he could read my comments and my opponent's)
that my opponent was in the wrong, but he just canceled the game because he "had to
go." he had no reason.

he should have told my opponent to reverse his actions, and if there was no
fair way to restore the game state, he should have awarded me the win. period.
he was at the table long enough to make this decision. he witnessed my opponent
doing frenzied, illegal spam summoning without asking for any kind of response.
he saw my opponent making childish comments about how it was "unfair" that i
saw the card he revealed.

nerofe is not the right person for this job. not all admins are made equal.

TheSonicVision

Back to top Go down

Post  snow 2011-09-03, 13:49

TheSonicVision wrote:
If the Admin/Mod cancelled you game it was for a reason the dont do it just for the heck of it all

^ but that's where you're wrong. sometimes, admins do it "just for the heck of it
all." if you have the time, please read my original post. nerofe did not assess
the situation. it was incredibly clear (he could read my comments and my opponent's)
that my opponent was in the wrong, but he just canceled the game because he "had to
go." he had no reason.

he should have told my opponent to reverse his actions, and if there was no
fair way to restore the game state, he should have awarded me the win. period.
he was at the table long enough to make this decision. he witnessed my opponent
doing frenzied, illegal spam summoning without asking for any kind of response.
he saw my opponent making childish comments about how it was "unfair" that i
saw the card he revealed.

nerofe is not the right person for this job. not all admins are made equal.
I see what your saying all i can say is just Message TamA or detonator and tell him the situation In my opinion topic's like these are just going to is start drama
snow
snow

Birthday : 1992-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-09-03, 13:56

You're asking to Demote a mod who canceled your duel? That is just blatantly ridiculous thing to ask. You maybe don't understand how hard it is to deal with 5000 Users, sometimes you just don't have the time. And asking to demote an admin just shows you don't understand that.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  [S]tarstrike 2011-09-03, 14:52

Do you know how many people would like to be mods/admins on here who probably know more about this game and would pay more attention when a problem comes up? More than you can fathom.

People who won't take the time to deal with a report or someone cheating simply should not be put in the position to do so. You don't get to skip out on doing things at your real job because you "have to go." You do it or you're fired.

Please. Stop making excuses for the admins who have OBVIOUSLY showed how poorly they handle this position. It's disgusting.

People like this should be fired and people who WANT this position for more than just the power to ban/cancel duels should have it. People who know rulings, who want to resolve conflict and want to rid this place of people who truly don't deserve to be here.

Asking to demote a mod/admin who is clearly not doing the job he was hired to do is 100% acceptable in any place or situation. You're not dictators or tyrants.

If a mod/admin doesn't have the time, then tell the user complaining that they are busy and they should PM someone else, not go in the duel and just cancel it because you're too busy or have to leave. Grow up.

Remember, being here is a privilege, not a right.
[S]tarstrike
[S]tarstrike

Birthday : 1989-09-20

https://www.facebook.com/ryderjj89

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSonicVision 2011-09-03, 15:12

ryderjj89 wrote:Do you know how many people would like to be mods/admins on here who probably know more about this game and would pay more attention when a problem comes up? More than you can fathom.

People who won't take the time to deal with a report or someone cheating simply should not be put in the position to do so. You don't get to skip out on doing things at your real job because you "have to go." You do it or you're fired.

Please. Stop making excuses for the admins who have OBVIOUSLY showed how poorly they handle this position. It's disgusting.

People like this should be fired and people who WANT this position for more than just the power to ban/cancel duels should have it. People who know rulings, who want to resolve conflict and want to rid this place of people who truly don't deserve to be here.

Asking to demote a mod/admin who is clearly not doing the job he was hired to do is 100% acceptable in any place or situation. You're not dictators or tyrants.

If a mod/admin doesn't have the time, then tell the user complaining that they are busy and they should PM someone else, not go in the duel and just cancel it because you're too busy or have to leave. Grow up.

^ thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

TheSonicVision

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-03, 15:18

Idk, Im new at this, but I have never needed to take a quick way out of a situation. Nerofe and I were the only admins on last night for a while and I handled my end well, but I dunno bout him. However I agree with the TC, if Nerofe couldnt handle the situation he should have called another mod.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinyHydreigon 2011-09-04, 14:45

First of all, I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation and what you just did.

4 Moderators, 5000 users. I've been here before.

It's fucking hell. Users PMing left and right, spammers in Chat, etc.

What I'm trying to say this WE CANNOT HELP EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU AT ONCE.

Sometimes we get people like you, that make us wait for 5 minutes or whatever.

That may not seem long to you. It's 20x longer for 4 Admins with 5000 Users online at once.

He couldn't pass onto another Admin. It would be impossible. So he cancelled the duel. He didn't kick, but cancel the duel. And you're complaining because you were "winning".

So what you're saying is if I got 10+ A.S.S. Abuse Reports to deal with, plus a case like yours, plus 5000 users with 3 other Admins online, I'm supposed to drop everything and pay attention to just you?

Get the !@#$ out of here.
ShinyHydreigon
ShinyHydreigon

Birthday : 1995-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-09-04, 14:57

Another Troll thread. PM Det, don't make a thread about this.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSonicVision 2011-09-04, 15:00

ShinyHydreigon wrote:First of all, I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation and what you just did.

4 Moderators, 5000 users. I've been here before.

It's fucking hell. Users PMing left and right, spammers in Chat, etc.

What I'm trying to say this WE CANNOT HELP EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU AT ONCE.

That may not seem long to you. It's 20x longer for 4 Admins with 5000 Users online at once.

He couldn't pass onto another Admin. It would be impossible. So he cancelled the duel. He didn't kick, but cancel the duel. And you're complaining because you were "winning".

So what you're saying is if I got 10+ A.S.S. Abuse Reports to deal with, plus a case like yours, plus 5000 users with 3 other Admins online, I'm supposed to drop everything and pay attention to just you?

Get the !@#$ out of here.

^ clearly you did not read my original post, as nothing in that comment is even
remotely related to my complaint.

# 1 - he took the time to enter my table. he CHOSE to be there. he could have
simply typed "i'm busy. ask someone else." or, he could have ignored me. he did
not. he said "sure, i'll help."
# 2 - he joined my table. i explained the situation again. he witnessed my
opponent cheating, performing illegal spam summoning, filling the message window
with childish remarks, etc.
# 3 - he stayed there for about 3 minutes. the only thing he typed was "..."
and then he canceled the duel.
# 4 - he admitted that he made this decision because he "had to go" and soon
after, he did indeed leave.

TheSonicVision

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-09-04, 15:02

Why don't I have the power to lock threads. Neutral
guess I'll just call an Admin.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSonicVision 2011-09-04, 15:03

ShinyHydreigon wrote:

^ also, i never made him wait. i quickly and immediately explained the situation.
i PM'd him and explained it. he joined the table and i reiterated the problem.
i have no idea what you're talking about.

TheSonicVision

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-09-04, 15:04

Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-09-05, 00:28

ryderjj89 wrote:Do you know how many people would like to be mods/admins on here who probably know more about this game and would pay more attention when a problem comes up? More than you can fathom.

What you're saying is demote someone then hire another, that is not a wise choice.

There maybe many who can do a better job as well as more efficient, however, the number is significantly small comparing to those who has corrupt minds or cannot do anymore efficient than anyone else; and as far as we know, we want to prevent giving power to those who does have corrupt minds/not-efficient.

An admin will most likely be given a second chance if he/she made a small mistake, according to what the OP is saying, there's no need to demote anyone because of this situation occurred. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the admin did the right thing)

One more thing I wanted to mention, the situation which triggered the OP to pm an admin is complicated; if his opponent started saying, "No, I did not return any cards to my hand" and such, it would begin a "They say, I say" argument, in that case, canceling the duel would be necessary.

Oh, and if you're wondering, I most likely resolve the issue before moving on to another; meanwhile pms keeps hitting me, by the time I get to those who pm'd me later than others, it would have probably been a good 20 or so minutes.

So get this: If an admin jumps into a game and stayed until the issue resolves, assuming it takes about 3-5 minutes average; times the number of people who needs the admin in their room (Assuming 20 to be basic). When you get to the 20th person, 95 minutes might have passed.

If an admin jumps into a game and cancels a duel because the situation is hard to handle thus easily goes into a "They say, I say" argument, it would take less time; as a result would be able to help more.

You decide which one is the proper action a good admin should follow.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down