Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things needed for Dueling Network

+8
daltonbarnes
Mewtwo
JDC
Fawkey
Comprehension
Phoenix Wright
DanceJonDanceCOPY
TheBlackRoseGuy
12 posters

Go down

Things needed for Dueling Network Empty Things needed for Dueling Network

Post  TheBlackRoseGuy 2011-09-04, 19:29

First of all, I'd like to say I appreciate all the work BLS has done for us, to make this game very enjoyable.

Now there are some cards with effects that cannot work on DN yet. I was hoping that sometime in the future we can get these.
Convulsion of Nature - Turn deck upside down.
Darkness Approaches - Face-down Atk position
Monsters moving into an adjacent unoccupied zone
Lightforce Sword- banish from hand facedown
Exchange - give a card to your opponent

Can't think of others right now.

Last edited by TheBlackRoseGuy on 2011-09-04, 19:56; edited 1 time in total
TheBlackRoseGuy
TheBlackRoseGuy

Birthday : 1994-01-05

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlackRoseguy

Back to top Go down

Things needed for Dueling Network Empty Re: Things needed for Dueling Network

Post  DanceJonDanceCOPY 2011-09-04, 19:39

1. Why would you turn your deck upside down? There's no need to do this, and doing it would not benefit anyone. This seems like a useless feature to me.

2. Why would you put your card in face down attack position? This isn't a legal position.

3. Why do you want your monsters to move around? When you place them they aren't supposed to move.

4. Not sure if you mean removing from play as in Banish, but if you do mean this then it's probably something that would come along later. There aren't too many cards that remove cards from play face down that are relevant to the current formats, and meta. There's only one card that I can think of that does that, but I can't remember the name. Point is that this feature isn't really needed at the moment so it's probably not a top priority.

5. You are already able to give monster cards to your opponent. You can't give cards and then add them to your hand though. You also can't give spells or traps, but just like number four above, you don't really need to be doing this unless you are running a card like exchange. Not sure if anyone even runs this card though.

Your suggestions are appreciated, but they are pretty unnecessary so I strongly doubt you'll be seeing any of them added to the game any time soon.
DanceJonDanceCOPY
DanceJonDanceCOPY

Birthday : 1990-03-13

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBlackRoseGuy 2011-09-04, 19:54

I mentioned the cards above that have an effect that need a feature.

1. Convulsion of Nature turns the deck upside down. Archfiend's Oath, Gishki Diviner, Mind Crush, and Diamond Dude work with this card.

2. Facedown ATK Position is a legal position, thanks to Darkness Approaches. It can turn your opponent's monster into facedown Atk position.

3. There are monsters who have abilities of moving into an another monster zone. Why? so they can benefit from their effects.

4. Lightforce Sword says Banish from the hand facedown.

5. Exchange and Amazoness Chain Master

I said sometime in the future, not soon.
TheBlackRoseGuy
TheBlackRoseGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-09-04, 20:35

Don't use them...
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBlackRoseGuy 2011-09-04, 22:58

Amazoness Chain Master(as well as Exchange) can steal your opponent's Honest, DAD, BLS, Cauis, etc.
Exchange- Monster Reborn, Dark Hole, Heavy storm, mind control, really any card at all.
TheBlackRoseGuy
TheBlackRoseGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Comprehension 2011-09-07, 19:25

I like those suggestions, they help imitate the actual game. I think everyone would like DN to accommodate all card effects, someday, somehow. There's not too many cards left that dont work.
I play a Yugi deck and "Lightforce Sword" isn't as big of a problem as "Magical Hats" is, now that card is complicated enough in real life lol.

Comprehension

Birthday : 1990-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Fawkey 2011-09-08, 08:28

Pox_Equestria wrote:Don't use them...

This is not a good suggestion. I don't think everyone that plays duel network only likes to play for competition, there are also people who want to play for fun and start using those cards.
In order for the this to be as close to the game in real life, these features should be added.
Fawkey
Fawkey

Birthday : 1993-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-09-09, 04:28

I remember someone posted a troll deck involving using Convulsion of Nature, and using other cards to make the opponent have to manually turn their entire deck upside down, put them back one-by-one into the deck zone, shuffle, and then turn it upside down again, over and over and over (this was in a tournament), causing a delay in the tournament.

The main problem with some of these cards is a bit of extra coding required.
1. Add an option to reverse the order of the cards in the deck, and another one to keep the top card revealed. Maybe also add an option to reveal X cards from the top of the deck (for stuff like Pot of Duality).
2. An additional option to play a card in that position, or to place it in that position would need to be added. It's not too hard to work around with players noting that the face-down monster in defence position is actually supposed to be in face-down attack position.
3. Alien Infiltrator and Blasting Fuse are cards that make it important to be able to manually select which zone you place cards in, rather than the zone being automatically picked. Alien Infiltrator, for example, can move to empty adjacent monster zones, and attack directly if there are no cards controlled by the opponent directly in front of it. Blasting Fuse is a blow-up-an-entire-filled-column-of-cards card.
4. Adding Banish face-down would work here.
5. A 'give card to opponent' option would be needed here.
6. For Magical Hats, you'd need an option to SS stuff from the deck in face-down defence position, regardless of whether the card is a monster or not, along with an option to shuffle face-down cards (there is at least one other card that lets you actually do this). Obviously, if someone shuffles face-down cards when they're not supposed to, they'll be caught instantly.
7. Maybe some sort of note function to allow notes on cards, indicating changes caused by various things.
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewtwo 2011-09-09, 06:36

Before they add any other features they should add the damn 2/3 matches. I'm tired of losing solely because of rockpaperscissors.
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Back to top Go down

Post  daltonbarnes 2011-09-16, 08:50

This probably has already been addressed but one thing I seem to find on DN is the lack of a counter system? I mean I would LOVE to play a morphtronic deck or even try with an Alien deck. But the absence of the counter system steers me away from using them. They would get a lot more play i'm sure if the system was introduced as well as seeing spellcasters more. Also quite a few decks introduce counters in some way and would benefit if this were introduced? opinions?
daltonbarnes
daltonbarnes

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2011-09-16, 08:58

I need to point out that mods desperately need the option to have acess to a duels chat logs, and to check deck, hands, graves and RFGs.I cant even begin to explain how many problems could be easily solved If I could just access these things.
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-09-16, 09:29

DefiniteOtaku wrote:I need to point out that mods desperately need the option to have acess to a duels chat logs, and to check deck, hands, graves and RFGs.I cant even begin to explain how many problems could be easily solved If I could just access these things.
Already being worked on
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBlackRoseGuy 2011-09-26, 02:43

There's also a card called Senri Eye which allows you to look at the top card of your opponent's deck without them looking. Hopefully sometime in the future we can a feature for this. It's basically a STAPLE!
TheBlackRoseGuy
TheBlackRoseGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-09-26, 10:45

Don't forget about Toy Magician. As of now you have to set it, then move it to the Spell/Trap zone, only to have your opponent complain and force you to reveal what it is, thus ruining the point of toy magician in the first place.

Also, there's a Convulsion Control deck that is semi competitive
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaoXide 2011-09-26, 10:53

We should be able to bring monsters directly from banish, grave, deck, or hand to S/T zone. As it currently is you have to summon/set in monster zone and then move it. Problem is.. in cases where you're monster zone is full.. you've gotta send 1 to the grave, summon the one meant to be in s/t zone and then move it there and then bring the monster u sent to grave just to have one back to the field. It's a bit of a hassle.

It's also similar with cards like magical hats. Your opponent knows which aren't actual monsters because you had to first set them in s/t zone.. if there is even the option to send to monster zone (haven't checked).

It would be nice to get to select in which open monster or s/t zone you place your card in rather than it auto placing it in a spot.. as certain cards depend on you playing them where you want them. Can't remember which but I remember a card that made it so all cards in the same column couldn't be used or something like that.
ChaoXide
ChaoXide

Birthday : 1989-04-27

http://forums.kametsu.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down